- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Positive Results Of HubPages Challenges
Success In the First Round of the 60DC
In the links below for the special programs at HP, you will find the HubPages features called 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge. It is a successful ongoing challenge for the community that beings for better writing, new ideas, and a change to prosper though a more concentrated Hub submission rate that drives increased traffic top you Hubs.
Related to this is the sunforged-inspired 60 Day Challenge. What is it? -- 30 days are spent researching and writing fresh, traffick-attracting content (with group advise and instruction), followed by a second 30 days of group-aided promotion activities. It works!
For you newer writers at HubPages, you'll also have a chance to be selected by the HubNuggets Team as a HubNugget Wannabes [now called "Rising Star": see HubPages Learning Center] and possible winner in our weekly project that showcases 18 Hubs by new writers and brings them more traffick as well. There's nothing to enter; new eligible Hubs are entered automatically. Read about it in the Special Programs link below, and help other new writers by voting for their Hubs in the weekly HubNugget showcase Hub.
Success on HubPages
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Hub Web Site With HubPages Participation
By participating in HubPages contests and challenges, I have increased the views to my Hubs by over 30%, made new friends, stimulated an ongoing interest in writing, and increased earnings. You can accomplish...
- Learning Center Contents
The First 60DC - April - May 2010
Sunforged tells us that in the first 60DC, 90% of the participants succeeded in writing at least 30 Hubs in in 30 Days.
Even those that did not quite complete the 30 mark benefitted from increased traffic and revenues from any of AdSense, Kontera, Amazon, and eBay. for my own Hubs, traffic and AdSense reveues increased 30%; Kontera a bit less; and Amazon/eBay began to increase during the summer. Writing within a group was the key to the success.
This round, we have the group format. specialized writing and promotional tools, and the experience of the first 60DC. We also have a Private Forum and Chat not located on HubPages; a specialized toolbar; and other benefits.
Please join us! (See the link below.)
Increasing Traffic Is Great!
Answer this Question with a 60DC HubLog
- Who wants to participate in The 60 Day Challenge - The Return? .
Listing of the answers to the question: Who wants to participate in The 60 Day Challenge - The Return? . 30 Days of Writing with group support followed by 30 Days of promotional efforts? Our first challenge was quite a success, over 90% of our group
My HubLog Topics
During this 60 Day Challenge Event, I will be writing Hubs about the following Topics:
- City Reviews for Employment, Retirement, Education, and Travel - These have been successful not only for me, but in helping readers find oportunities for their lives.
- HubMob Topics
- HubPages Questions about Employment, Education, and Health
60 Day Challenge Goals
- Download the 60DC Tool Bar to a laptop computer and use it.
- Learn more about effectively using Amazon and eBay capsules.
- Participate actively in related forums.
- Increase Hub traffic another 30%
Writing In Purgatory
Based on Ellison;'s actual gang experiences, this book became a TV episode (see below). It is classic Ellison.
Motivation For Writing
Participation in a Writing Group helps most writers. Some of these groups can meet online.
Many successful book authors speak about taking their chapters to a weekly or monthly meeting of a writing group for critique and new ideas. The best of writers can become stuck, so the 60DC private forum can help with that as well. Consider it your writing group.
Many writers tell us to write what you know and that's good advise, but one famous author took it a bit far:
Harlan Ellison® was ejected from college in the mid-1950s. He went to New York City to write. There, he took an assumed name, moved into Brooklyn's Red Hook area, and joined a gang known as a bopping club. His book accounts his experiences in that gang with its zip gins and switchblades, incuding jail time, was used as foundation of the first Alfred Hitchcock hour-long TV drama.
Perhaps we will not need to go to that outlying an extreme for a successful 60 Day Challenge!
I did, however, just purchase a copy of the book. It is gritty and unnerving, but incredibly important as the authobiography of someone that was driven to write. (I don't think he had a writing group in the gang!)
Memo from Purgatory: Walter Koenig and James Caan, 1964
Write and Succeed
There are always possibilities when you write on HubPages and projects like the 60DC concentrates them. Hubbers have been noticed by professionals in the entertainment field and been offered work as writers in books, magazines, online projects, TV productions, and even movie scripts.
Professional writers in the 1950s did it the hard way, but perhaps 60DC can make it a little easier for you.
If you want a more successful writing experience and could benefit from some group support and motivation for exchanging rainclouds for rainbows, then join us and give 60DC a chance.
Week 1 Hubs
During a week packed with changes, activities, and writing, I finally updated my 60DC2 log. In future, I will do so daily.
This week included an interesting variety:
City Reviews and Employment
- 2 Hubs about exciting expansion the the Ohio Space Corridor. A full 1/4 of Ohio is receiving private and public finding for biomedical technologies and space programs that provide their discovery.
- 1 Hub about Money Magazine's Best City to Live In America for 2010, Eden Prairie. You may not know that it is a great center for publishing and writing!
- 1 Hub about cashier's jobs in Canada, their major locations and outlook, and a related worker shortage in that occupation.
Health and Medicine
- 1 Hub about disease prevention reflected in sustainable housekeeping methods. These methods have spread from the hospitals and clinics that vitally need them to other private and public businesses of all sizes and to the home.
- 1 Hub about the background, endemic status, and increasing vaccination for filaria in Africa and India. This phenomenon includes the Elephantiasis that puts 1 billion people on Easrth at risk. It is the Second Top Cause of disability around the world. The World Health Organization, military units, Big Pharma, Bill Gates, and others are supplying the vaccines to help innoculate the world against this much feared public health problem.
- 1 Hub about American kid culture and education. Things have changed on a grand scale and out youth beginning college in 2010 have always known a digital universe. So much more so for the kids starting school from Pre-K - 12.
Week 1 Hubs
- Best Cities: Top 10 Jobs in West Chester OH - To Mars in 2035
Space Shuttle Columbia. West Chester Township rates among the Top 50 of CNNMoney's100 Best Cities for 2010 for several reasons, some of the most important being its quick expansion in recent years and the...
- Top 15 Hot Jobs in The Dayton-Fairborn Aviation Heritage Area
Fairborn OH Fairborn, OH, USA Wright State University OH Wright State University, Fairborn, OH 45324, USA WPAFB OH Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA Dayton OH Dayton, OH, USA Dayton International Airport...
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Eden Prairie - Best City in America 2010
In 2010, CNNMoney recognized Eden Prairie, Minnesota as the Best City for Living in America, a list of which the city has been a member since 2006. One reason for the Number One distinction is that its...
- How to Find a Cashier's Job In Canada
Cashier's jobs may be one category of the most plentiful jobs to find in North America. This is because of a high turnover rate as well as an increase in Retail and Dining Industries and others connected with...
- Smart Housekeeping Trends In Business
In order to avoid death by dirt, debris, and denizen, current housekeeping trends are to clean more thoroughly, more quickly using fewer resources, achieving longer-lasting results from easier-to-manage...
- Infectious Diseases: Fighting Filaria in Africa and India
The knowledge of filaria (philaria) came to me as a shock in a high school health class, where my cohort of students at about age 16-17 was presented weekly with a mulitude of shocking conditions asa well as...
- School Days - Dramatic Changes in Kid Culture
2 x 2 = 22 was the answer given by an adult in a GED class in the mid-1990s, having not multiplied very often and having no knowledge of mulitiplication tables. Tables for the 2s through 12s are good to know....
- HubPages Marks the Spot! The September 2010 Contest
Travel and Places is a topic concerned with the movement of people between relatively distant geographical places for any purpose and any duration...
Week 2 Hubs
Anothyer busy week for all sorts of activities and writing.
The Hubpages Marks the Spot Contest began 9/1/2010 and I was surprised to win the Double Doubloon Drawing for the hub Best Family Restaurants in Bay City, Michigan (see below). It's about a chain of Texas themed restaurants where I stop several times a year. I always find good food, moderate prices, and friendly staff and managers. It's like going home!
Other interesting variety this week:
- Don't miss Feast of the HubNugget Moon, because it's a party Hub to send off retired HubNuggets Team Members Shirley Anderson and B.T. Evilpants. One of B.T.'s winners last week told him that he'd just resigned his employment to write full-time and won as a HubNugget. How great is that!? B.T. is writing full-time as well now, so HubPages is a winner and a good place to start writing. Please visit the party this week and vote for your favorite in each category. Thanks!
City Reviews and Employment
- 2 Hubs about exciting cities Chicago, Illinois and Winnipeg, Manitoba. Chicago has four suburbs in particular that are growing faster than expected and have their own supply of culture and travel attractions along two major business corridors. Winnipeg is a supermegacity and offers so many attractions that we need a book to list them all.
Health and Medicine
- 1 Hub about High Blood Pressure, how related definitions have changed and how they are going to change in the future. CHANGE can be useful and frustrating all at once. However, if we want to push toward a Lunar or Mars Colony, blood pressure information is very important.
- I was intrigued about a question concerning Coach Lee Evans and the Black Power Movement and its iconic gesture given at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. As a kid, I did not see any of the Games that year and have been attempting to catch up with the sports, social issues, and the politics of the era for many years. Coach Evans is in Nigeria now to coach the Olympians there and I am waiting for news reports from Nigerian friends. It's exciting!
- HubMob this weeks follows the HubPages Marks the Spot Contest and we're having a lot of fun with it. Participants are seeing an increase in Hub traffic and winning prizes too. I contributed 2 Hubs: one on Family Restaurants in Bay City, Michigan ( a contest daily drawing winner) and one about fantastic cheese shops along M-13 in Bay County, Michigan and the attractions around them.
Week 2 Hubs
- CNNMoney Best Cities: Top 15 Hot Jobs in Chicago's Best Suburbs
Chicago suburbs in the Golden Corridor and the Illinois Tech and Research Corridor have so many job openings, suburbanites don't need to commute to Chicago to find work in 87,000 job openings. Their own towns have 11,000 - 27,000 vacancies already.
- Travel and Relocation: Top 10 Best Fast Growing Jobs in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Discover Winnipeg and its wonders - Canada's "Firsts, Oldests, and Longest Runnings"...
- Changing Definitions of Hypertension From 1990 - 2010
Some of us have been frustrated by changes, fine tuning - even hair splitting - concerning the defiinition of high blood pressure or hypertension. Further,...
- USA Track and Field Hall of Famer Lee Evans
This Hub is for our friend AEvans, a talented Hubber and valued community member. During the school years 1968 -1969, 1969 - 1970, I rarely watched television and completely missed the 1968 Mexico City...
- The Best Cheese in Cheesetown - Pinconning, Cheese Capital of Michigan
(Sxc.hu/user:designkryt) Williams Cheese Company is a cheese and sandwich shop only a 20-minute drive north on M-13 from Bay City. The pleasant drive is along the highway parallels the shores of Saginaw Bay...
- Best Family Restaurants in Bay City - (Winner of a Double Doubloon Drawing)
The Texas Cowboy in a 10-gallon hat, chaps, and spurs out front is a sort of caricature of the neon cowboy in Las Vegas on the Strip. If you see...
- Feast Of the HubNugget Moon at http://hubpages.com/hub/Feast-of-the-HubNugget-Moon HubNugget Roundup Hub archived.
Week 3 Hubs
This week, I have been having a good time with the HubPages Marks the Spot Contest that is mirrored by HubMob.
HubMob and HubPages Marks the Spot Contest
- Two Hubs on Restaurants: The Kahiki Supper Club built in 1961, and Salisbury House diner on the Esplanade Riel bridge in the Historic Downtown Winnipeg.
- Two Hubs on Book and Record Stores: Sound Garden in Downtown Historic Baltimore. and Half Price Books, Records, Magazines, Inc. Columbus, Ohio.
- One Hub on Starbase Dental practice one-stop shop in Florida.
City Reviews and Employment
- 2 Hubs on the US States with the lowest Unemployment Rates in America for 2010.
Week 3 Hubs
- Kahiki Foods - Best Polynesian Grocer in Ohio - Tribute to Fine Restaurants
Zsa Zsa Gabor used to frequent the Kahiki and always ordered milk. The Kahiki Supper Club was built in 1961 and its food manufacturer lets you enjoy almost all of the dishes today.
- Best and Most Unusual Diners in Winnipeg
The Esplanade Riel and the cafe on the bridge in the Historic Downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba region. A must-see downtown area!
- Best Record Store in Baltimore's Historic Fells Point - Sound Garden
So many unimagined places have emerged as top spots in HubMob, HubTrail, and the Hubpages Marks The Spot Contest, that I fully understand now when a friend's dad bought a small RV, equipped it with satellite...
- Best and Cheap Books, Records, Tapes, Magazines, and Gifts in Columbus OH
In autumn 2008, the end of Hurricane Ike hit the Midwest, interrupting electrical power in our neighborhood for almost a week. The sky was almost green with the strange winds that blew over tall trees that...
- When In Southwest Orlando, Visit Starbase Dental
Dentistry has long employed headphones and music for patients in order to ease dental chair anxiety, especially during prolonged or complex procedures. Some patients stopped visiting the dentist long ago,...
- Top 10 State for Jobs and Low Unemployment 2010 - 2020
In 2010, analysts at Business Insider magazine published their findings of the Top 10 US States with Ridiculously Low Unemployment. Let's have a look...
- Another 5 Hot States with Low Unemployment and Open Jobs
The companion Hub to this presentation is called Top 10 States for Low Unemployment and Jobs 2010 - 2020. It discusses the first 5 states on the Top 10 List determined by Business Insider in late 2010. Their...
Week 4 Hubs
This week, I enjoyed doing Hubs on some great cities and an intriguing Murder Case from 1964. Interestingly, I watched an old rerun afterward of Lloyd Bridges in A Hero for Our Times (1963), about "not wanting to get involved" after witnessing a murder. Quite a coincidence.
- 1 Hub describing old and new evidence, opinions, and coincidences in the 1964 Kitty Genovese slaying.
HubPages Marks the Spot Contest - Travel
- 1 Hub on walking -- I never thought about writing about "just taking a walk", but our free walking program at the Whetstone Park of Roses and the Franklin Park Conservatory full of plants, flowers, and fine arts give writing and sharing new perspective.
- 1 Hub on the expanding Columbus Museum of Art, its family activities, seminars, tours, fairs, and the Complaints Choir of Columbus.
- 1 Hub on the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - We have the Largest Fruit Bat (very cute) and the Longest Snake in Captivity - her name is Fluffy. See the Hub for some videos that are pretty funny.
- 1 Hub about the Young's Jersey Dairy Farm. Since the last time I visited, they've added a large full service restaurant in addition to their causing dining place, a driving range, and two mini-golf courses and several other outdoor activities. They still have a great cheese market, homemade ice cream, and a petting zoo. Supporting their community, they also help sponsor a charity walk and several other events. It's a lot of fun in a pleasant rural area with a lot of historic sites.
City Reviews and Employment
- Several Hubs on US cities that appear on the Money.com Best 100 Places to Live in America.
I was intrigued by the cities on the list of 100, selected for a number of reasons. For example, Missouri City TX is a growing and interesting place with some attractions that people enjoy, but only 9 miles away is the amazing suburb of Sugar Land with even more attractions and amenities. This is a good way to learn geography for kids, too, in reading about fun cities and learning about employment at the same time.
Week 4 Hubs
- Young's Jersey Dairy Farm and Recreation Complex
Young's Jersey Dairy Farm is a corn and dairy farm, tree farm, recreational complex, petting zoo, and dining venue that visitors and the people of the Yellow Springs area of Ohio have come to love. The site...
- The Best! Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Loves Kids
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium just north of Columbus, Ohio in Powell is about the best place to take a child in the state. It is a megalopolis now in comparison to its former location south of Graceland...
- The Columbus Museum of Art Presents the Complaints Choir of Columbus
The Columbus Museum of Art is different. At this museum, you not only see a variety of fine and folk arts displays, but experience everything from a veritable Curiosity Shop of scientific and artistic...
- "Walk With a Doc" at Whetstone Park, Columbus OH
Free Program called Just Walk with a Doc at the Park of Roses - free information, snacks, pedometers. Great people and led by sensible doctors.
- Lost Truth - The Kitty Genovese Murder Case and Controversy
After I reviewed my criminology notes and texts on the Kitty Genovese case and the Genovese crime family of New York City, I was near a second run movie house. I went in and saw Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of...
- Top 10 Jobs in Missouri City, Texas - Sugar Land, Too!
Located off Highway 6 between Missouri City and Sugar Land. Missouri City is located approximate 20 minutes to the southwest of Houston by highway near I-10, Sam Houston Tollway, and State Highway 59; and on...
- Top 10 High Demand Jobs in Broomfield Metro - Home of Secretariat's Owner
Because of fast growth and development, the City and County of Broomfield was founded in November 2001, where the city had formerly been located in four separate counties in a land...
- High Demand Jobs for Your Future, 2010 - 2050
IF I'M TO CHOOSE THE BEST CAREER FOR THE FUTURE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- Relocation and Travel: Top 10 Hot Career Jobs in Utah Best Cities
Sunset at South Jordan, Utah. Photo credit: Flickr: JT40D & 5D Mark II's Photostream Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic Two cities in Utah were awarded recognition on a Top 100 CIties list in...
30 HUBS COMPLETE!
Results of the 60DC2
I've been learning more about group promotions making wider use of rss feed sites and social networking sites, as well as pinging engines.
I was more amazed with positive results during this second challenge so far than for the first 60 Day Challenge, because I needed to fight to keep up with the 30-Hub goal and did not have enough time to promote as I usually do monthly or to participate much in the related forums.The Second 30 Days of current group promotion will make an even bigger difference.
During the First 30 Days, my page views surpassed my goal already and use of Amazon capsules is saw some results. eBay, not so much.
Time to Start Again
© 2010 Patty Inglish