jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Allow Editing of Exclusive Title After Publication

1. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

Several of my exclusives are showing poor traffic performance - due to the non-competitive title.
    I would like to amend the title - but I can't, its blocked.
    Can you change this  - I don't care if the exclusive goes back to the bin.
    It appears likely that these hubs will get Idled which would be a very SAD - I followed HP advice! Now they're destined for the junk pile.
    Please allow the Titles to be edited.
    Thanks,

1. dialogue profile image77
      dialogueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Team HP please allow the titles to be edited. I have got only two and those both exclusives are showing very poor traffic performance. Now am scared to use any more exclusive titles.

Please Allow Editing of Exclusive Title After Publication.

Thank you.

2. safiq ali patel profile image67
      safiq ali patelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too have tried to change titles. But I can't. I think the lesson from this is to select titles very carefully from the very outset when you are creating your hub. We are not able to go back a amend titles afterwards.
      Remember though that if you are trying to tune your hub for better SEO it will help if instead of changing the title you put the changes in the title into the summary or header. From Safiq Ali Patel.

2. derek gulbranson profile image78
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

Thanks for bringing this up janderson. Allowing the author to change the title introduces some complexity that we wanted to avoid for the initial release. But I agree with you that we should allow the author to tweak things when they identify ways to improve it. I will re-raise this issue with our team and see if we can tackle some of those complexities now.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just looked at the start a hub page and it looks like the old way to choose a title. I don't see where there is a choice between an exclusive title and a regular title. Does this mean all titles are automatically set without being able to change them now?

1. derek gulbranson profile image78
        derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's the blog post about the Exclusives feature.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/09/exclusives/

When you create a new title if there are Exclusive titles that are similar you'll be shown a list and can choose.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
          Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Derek. I haven't written a new hub for a while. Just have been working on existing ones.  Glad there wasn't another changed that I might have missed.

working