My Hubpages earnings are decreasing

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (30 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

Can someone please tell me why my HubPages earnings are decreasing?  They've decreased twice today so far. This is do disappointing. mad

1. profile image0
      3cardmonteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen, mine have done it three times today, I asked on here earlier and people said this is just normal. I have been on here for four years and it has never happened to me before!

2. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 11 years ago

Yes, mine too.  At least twice, but maybe three times. I'm also pretty sure it's not only earnings for today but from several days ago - I know this because I had one of my best days earnings wise, and now it's been decreased!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine decreased about 50 cents from this morning.  However, those amounts all had asterisks beside them, which means they are not set.  HP has to wait for the advertisers before they can give final figures.

3. hermanantonov profile image61
    hermanantonovposted 11 years ago

make a hub page about decreasing earnings smile I have had a $0.00 for a long time so mine are pretty stable! smile))

1. alexadry profile image95
      alexadryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm getting used to it, so no longer get excited when I see higher than normal figures. It's like showing a dog a bone till he drools and then removing it from under his nose;)

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol I just signed up about last month and I been here a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we see (-) numbers for that area too tongue

4. Sapper profile image64
    Sapperposted 11 years ago

They were decreasing because the past 5 days or so were still pending. It looks like it is caught up now for the most part.

1. dhannyya profile image79
      dhannyyaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

mine also decreased..a one dollar decrease...am worried

1. nina64 profile image68
        nina64posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My earnings have decreased as well. What am I doing wrong?

5. profile image0
    Anonymous00posted 11 years ago

I honestly think this is just normal. Unless one can publish every day and remain active every single day I can't see why earnings wouldn't fluctuate and vary from time to time - or one month to the next. I wouldn't worry. Just keep calm and carry on.

1. missolive profile image59
      missoliveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Anonymous00, this is not in regard to average traffic and earnings. This is having accrued a certain amount for the month and then it suddenly declines to a lower balance.

For example, one might have 'earned' a total of $70 as of the morning update and then that amount suddenly drops to $67 during the day.

Yes, this happened to me yesterday and I understand it has happened to other writers as well. I have seen this a couple times before, but it is not common. Not sure what the explanation is.

1. Sapper profile image64
        Sapperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is why it happened

Up until yesterday, from the 21st on was still pending. Yesterday they updated to final numbers. Not too sure what you, and everyone else, is confused about.

2. profile image0
        Anonymous00posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clearing it up.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Well Mr Genius, the final numbers were not updated yesterday since payments from over a week ago are still sitting in limbo.  Maybe you can tell us why HP has everything screwed up

You've been here almost 2 years, I've been here 3 months. How is it I've figured out stuff like payments updating only messes up on weekends and holidays, and you haven't?

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

HP has messed up on a lot of things, go figure it out.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yet you are still here...  Didn't you say you were leaving like a year ago?

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

dang Melissa. . you beat me to it. I always find it amusing how the ones that moan and groan and go on and on blah blah blah how they are moving their incredible work elsewhere.. . and then lo and behold  like a magic trick they are back again .. and of course complaining about how Hubpages has messed up on a lot of things ..

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

What does you comment have to do with the question that was asked. But since you feel a need to know, I have 200 articles elsewhere, not here.

And you only have 49 here in 22 months.  Maybe you would have done more if you didn't worry about what other people are doing. But that is a trait of W Virginians.

*grins*

You're still here because you obviously are getting something from HP no matter how much you complain (which let's face it... is quite a bit). 

That's all you had to say.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61

HP will pay the pay out one of these days with what is sitting here. I quit publishing here. Frankly, it  is none of your business who is here and who is not.

Wait... didn't you take ALL of your hubs but one down when you "quit"? ... nevermind...

So if you aren't active anymore one has to wonder why you post so much on the forums?  Obviously you are getting SOMETHING out of it.  I guess it's up to the reader to decide what.  I have MY suspicions.

Just reminding the newbies before they listen to your... fairly constant... spew of negativity that you are still here.  One must deduce that it is worth it despite your litany of complaints.

Now that's good advertising.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61

You were just reported. Your comments have nothing to do with forum.

And yours do?

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57

I will resist the urge to sing "I'm still standing"

In response to the thread... Did it finally resolve itself yet?

11. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

Wait, what happened here. It appears this post was just hi-jacked and turned into a slam fest.  Sorry I asked the question.

1. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think there is some sort of rule, that after X number of posts to a forum thread it naturally devolves into petty arguments. smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fascinating what can happen during a full moon phase. 

smile

12. bzirkone profile image53
    bzirkoneposted 11 years ago

It was worth logging in just to read this post and comments.   I love the Hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)