Every now and then, good things happen! :)

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

You know how you sometimes write a blog and sometimes the most unexpected people read it? Well, I've been approached by Huffington Post to speak when they have a conversation about the things I write about! I don't really mention things when they happen once because people can change their minds, but they've come back twice!

And, of course. there's the fact that I've been approached three times during the past 16 months by the same mainstream publisher about one of the books I wrote. (Dream Therapy). They wanted a proposal and I told them that while I could write books and articles, I have a really hard time writing marketing things. So they told me to send them the book when it was finished. That's one of my projects 2013 - to take the rather shorter version which is selling on Barnes and Noble. In fact, I discovered that for 2011, it was no 50 in Australia on itunes.

On top of that, one of stories I was commissioned to write about six or seven years ago by a Northern California publisher is now on Kickstarter trying to raise funds (well, the publisher is trying to raise the funds and got in touch with me to tell me). It's a sort of polyandrous Star Trek. smile You can google it by using my real name - Tessa Schlesinger - and the name Erin Starfox, which is the series.

Actually, over the past four or so months, since I've come back to San Diego, quite a few good things are happening.

Anyway, it seems that things are slowly coming together...

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is right...

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you PS. smile

I'm on a current song lyric spree. To you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KYAVn8ons

Don't worry. I've tortured others with it as well. big_smile

1. profile image0

You've just made me laugh! Loved the background excerpts. Recognized quite a few from movies I saw when I was young...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKTQkkK3YM

smile

We truly are of the same generation.

1. profile image0

PS. Yes, I rather suspected. smile I've had a great few hours. I went back and listened to some of the great music of my youth. Did you know that there were some studies that when people listened to the music of their youth constantly that it has a physiological effect of making them a little younger?  wink

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

Memories...

2. dahoglund profile image70
      dahoglundposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. Seems you are doing well.

3. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Writing is a tough business. Things like this really do help. Many congratulations.

4. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm so thrilled to hear ALL of that, Tessa.  I'll continue to wish the best for you on my end.  I hope that all goes well!  You most definitely deserve a few good things to come your way right about now! 

All the best to you!

big_smile

5. tmbridgeland profile image79
      tmbridgelandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! Hope all goes well.

1. profile image0

Thank you tmbridgeland. smile

6. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Sophia!  It's your time to shine!

1. profile image0

Thank you Sarra. Much appreciated.

1. profile image0

You are more than welcome. I think it's just wonderful.

1. profile image0

smile It feels good.

1. profile image0

You need to celebrate girl!!!

2. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Sophia! It sounds like you try not to get your hopes up (or your chickens counted) until you're sure. I do that myself, but there's that part of your brain going "Wheeee!" Good luck-- although it's your hard work that is generating that "luck".

1. profile image0

Exactly right. I guess when I was younger I used to get excited and be so hopeful. These days I wait to be a bit more sure! smile I guess I've become cautious. smile

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Sophia, I'm really pleased for you and after reading some of your hubs, I know that things haven't been easy for you in the recent past. Onwards and upwards! smile

1. profile image0

Thank you, Hollie. Much appreciated. It has been tough for quite a long time, but I never stopped working! And now it looks as if I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. And thank you for being there! smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome. And IMHO, it was only a 'matter of time' before your writing talents were spotted and recognised as they should be.

4. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Many heartfelt congratulations.   I wish you much success.    You are on your way to becoming famous.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

5. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

You are highly intelligent and an excellent writer, there is no reason why you cannot succeed.    Being a writer takes time to succeed but it is worth it in the long run.

1. profile image0

Thank you, again. smile

6. lrc7815 profile image84
    lrc7815posted 11 years ago

How exciting!  Congratulations and best wishes for 2013.

1. profile image0

Thank you. I think 2013 might just work for me! wink

7. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Well done and also really well deserved.

1. profile image0

Thank you 2uesday. Much appreciated. You do pretty well, too. Been following a lot of your writing although I haven't commented much. smile

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

That's great!  It would please me a great deal to see things come together for you - you've earned it the hard way.  Here's hoping that it works out!

1. profile image0

Thank you, Wilderness.

9. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 11 years ago

Sophia, well all I have to say is that YOU are the cat's P.J.'s!!!!!!!  Woo Hoo!

10. peoplepower73 profile image81
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

I read your story on your profile and perused your hub topics.  I must say you are one prolific writer and your hubs cover many facets of interest. I've read many of your posts on forums and you always seem to be the voice of reason.  Good luck to you in your latest endeavors. Just remember there is a naturally order to everything and your time is coming.

11. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

Thank you lorlie6, and thank you Motown. smile Your kind words are much appreciated peoplepower. smile

12. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on your good fortune. It also brought a song to my mind. You probably haven't heard it, but it's called "I Have a Good Day Every Now and Then." apropos I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk3WLyVQ9rM

1. profile image0

Sherry, you have just made me roar with laughter. That's a very good note for me to end the night on. smile thank you very much.smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)