FIXED: Stats updated 48 minutes ago as of 3/22 11:00 PT

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Lately this stats BS has happened rather often.  How about a heads up from staff explaining what's causing it?  It's getting freaking tiresome!!

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

??Mine are fine - updated 51 minutes ago.

2. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Randy, what are you referring to?  I haven't seen anything odd except for a daily view a week ago of over 4 million.  That's been fixed.

3. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Happy Friday!
      After checking with the team, I found that something else running in the background was preventing stats from updating regularly. We have stopped running that process, so stats should be updating fine right now. Sorry for any inconvenience (though then again, it did give you the opportunity to be angry at us! big_smile).
      Look on the bright side, y'all!

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am very grateful that you give me money. Sincerely, thank you.

You are going to share, right?

Yesterdays reported income was the lowest since Christmas day. sad  Still pending though - maybe it will rise yet. smile

1. PhoenixV profile image63
            PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its not much, but I am glad to get it.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If it had not been happening at regular intervals I would have no reason to be perturbed at the stats problem, Simone.  Are you saying that the tech guys hadn't even noticed the stats weren't working for over 6 hours?  Gee, no wonder this stuff goes on for days at a time on occasion.  I'd rather things run smoothly and not be bothered to point things out.  Que sera!  cool

1. Simone Smith profile image87
          Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suppose what I should clarify is that people can expect their stats to be updated several times throughout the day. This often happens hourly but will not always be the case.

If there is somewhere in our wording on the site that says stats will always be updated hourly, please let me know. I should change that!

1. Rock_nj profile image91
            Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone,  I think the original problem of the stats being frozen has morphed into another problem, which is that now the stats page is saying an update has occurred recently, but the actual stats are not updating.  The former situation was better.  At least we knew from the last update time that the stats were indeed frozen without having to look into it any further.

1. profile image0
              summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
              Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Rock_nj
              If you have some information indicating traffic that you are not seeing, please let us know so we can research the issue further.

1. Rock_nj profile image91

???  Isn't that what a number of people have been saying throughout this thread?  Perhaps it's the time delay issue between the time that it says the stats were updated and the time when they are actually updated, but there was a point today where I could have sworn that the stats said updated within the last 30 minutes but nothing was actually updating for a couple of hours.  I don't usually fret over the hub stats because I know they will eventually be updated.  I am more wondering what long term solutions are being proposed and/or implemented to fix this ongoing problem?  I know how it is, many companies short-change their IT Dept. and don't give them enough resources to address problems properly, but shouldn't that be a top priority at a company that does its business via the Internet?

1. LCDWriter profile image89
                  LCDWriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My stats also say updated at different times but I know that they are not actually updating because, for example, I know that I'll go into a page but those views don't change and aren't recorded, even when the stats say "Updated" they don't seem to be reflecting actual number changes with the update.

I suppose you're correct.  No need  to expect anything to run as smooth as it used to.  smile

3. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It has been established that we will get no monetary reimbursement or any other kind of payback for sucking up... however, working with the public on a daily basis, let me just say... You guys are doing a great job, I'm sure tech issues will arise now and then and I'm also sure nothing grave will happen to any of us if we have to patiently wait for you to fix the problem. Thank you for acting in a timely manner on our behalves. You are appreciated!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
          PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I often suck up and I have generally done okay from HP - don't under-rate it!  wink

1. profile image0

Yes but there's no money to be made or chocolate promised so I will save my suck-uping for other purposes.

I have been on quite a few online forums and I have yet to see glitches not be a constant. "It's an imperfect world... screws fall out all the time."

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
              PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the entire internet is a work in progress and errors are common and happen in full view.  It's not generally worth getting angry and upset about, however.  I wish every one would keep a sense of perspective like yourself, but that's not realistic, I know.  smile

1. profile image0

Thanks... yeah... I totally agree with you, but then maybe it's just a life perspective thing. Some us are ok to wait on results and others feel they can bring about a resolution faster if they squeak their wheels, so to speak. I don't know... it just seems life to short to make a big deal out of seemingly small things. Either way, I'm sure HP emp.'s are working just as hard as the rest of us. After all it's a business and not many employers are quick to let ppl slack at their jobs. I highly doubt HP's is any different.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                  Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The OP is convinced revenue-sharing sites are dishonest and screw their writers out of their rightful share of income.  He's a bit of a crusader, so when he sees incorrect stats, it's a red flag to him.

I'm like you - I don't see much point in getting my knickers in a bunch over it.

1. profile image0

He's my friend Eeyore. wink

The OP is certain SOME revenue-sharing sites are corrupt and have proved it in the past Marisa, which you should be aware of since you were a member of the same site.  When I have over 100 articles stolen from me I take it a bit hard, as some authors might  possibly do.

I'm sorry if I worried you guys with wanting the stats  to work properly.  I realize I sometimes ask for the impossible.  roll

4. Rock_nj profile image91

KNOWN ISSUE:  HubPages is broken.  I think we all understand that in this world of computers and Internet there are a lot of technical problems, but I have wonder why these occur over and over and over again here?  I suspect management hasn't allocated the resources to fix it, as the technical staff at HP seems competent.

5. Natashalh profile image73
      Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You know you can always use GA to look at your traffic, whether or not you think the HP stats are working correctly.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

Mine are fine too, except a few empty empty columns in the money area... but I think that may be my own fault.

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

Mine are fine, recently updated.  The main time I have seen stats run amok is when it is the weekend and/or a holiday whilst staff is at play.  I have met the lil web gremlin that pops in on those days and plays havoc with our stats!  Mean lil critter and just can't catch him!

If you met that sucker and let it go free I'm gonna be knocking on your door the next time it happens! big_smile

4. profile image0

I think he had a brain cramp... or he just missed the drama.

Don't try to think, Beth!

1. profile image0

I wont. I like to keep my brain free from entanglements.

You're pretty smart for a girl!  tongue

1. profile image0

lol.

5. Randy Godwin profile image61

Obviously mine are hitting the same numbers several hours in row.  What are the odds?

1. eddiecarrara profile image95
      eddiecarraraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, mine have been idle for about 12 hours so far, I thought it was a little weird. When you go into Google analytic under standard times , real time, overview, it shows how many people are on your pages in real time and where there located in the world, pretty cool. I have about 15 people on constantly but my traffic is not showing up in HP?? There is something definitely wrong again smile

The stats are crap lately, there's no other word for it.  Apparently  the latest hired help doesn't have a clue how to keep things running smoothly like the old crew did.  The stats have been screwed up so much--even during the peak xmas buying period--no one should have any faith in their credibility at all.  Except the suck-ups, of course.  lol

1. Jmillis2006 profile image61
          Jmillis2006posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just looked at my stats and it says the same daily views and weekly views as it did a few days ago. This can not be correct since I have had comments on hubs since then but the views do not reflect this.

6. LCDWriter profile image89
    LCDWriterposted 11 years ago

Mine say they are updating but  my numbers aren't changing so maybe there is a glitch.

1. LisaMarie724 profile image68
      LisaMarie724posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My numbers have been the same all day long as well, although they say they're updating.

Yeah, mine too.  I'm simply tired of this BS week after week and officially asking HP for an explanation.  What the hell's going on HubPages?  This crap is getting old!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same here, this is happening too often.

3. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is what mine is doing too. It says it is updating but the numbers in the hourly column do not change, however the numbers in the weekly and other columns do...this  has been happening to my stats off and
      on for some time now.

7. Steve Lensman profile image61
    Steve Lensmanposted 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this, I thought I was going crazy. My stats have been the same all day long despite the 'update time' changing.

Yes, we have this same BS time after time without staff ever even addressing the problem at all.  What gives HP?  Do we even deserve an explanation, or are we merely peons to simply ignore?  Do us the courtesy of at least answering this query, or continue to act as though we are invisible.  cool

8. Steve Lensman profile image61

I spoke too soon, they've just been updated! Wahay! It was like being frozen in time. smile

1. profile image0

"Wahay"?

1. Steve Lensman profile image61
        Steve Lensmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds Native American but Wahay = "Expressing exhilaration or delight." smile

1. profile image0

must be a british thing. we say woo hoo.

Must be a Tennessee thang........we say "hot dang!"     tongue

Proper terminology is "Yee Haw!"

Only if yore a Yankee!  yikes

It seems they require a little kick in the asp once in a while to get them to pay attention.  DUH!  lol

1. Steve Lensman profile image61
        Steve Lensmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well i was waiting for your thread Randy, took your time about it. wink

I was going to send a message to the mods in the morning if nothing changed, in case it was just me suffering from frozen stats. (ooh sounds painful)

Well, I get tired of being the one to point out all of the screw-ups lately!  But I finally give in as others are afraid to speak up about it.  BOK, BOK, BOK!  lol

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

I'm not afraid. I just can't be bothered.

But you are right, Randy, stats are not updating hourly. I think today I have had 4 updates today out of 18 - what you don't think I am here 24 hours!)

Silence from everyone but the suckups of course.

Everything is well is Hubpages-land so long as you are getting plenty hits.

Hmm.

1. profile image0

Oooh, what will sucking up get us?

Maybe a hickey, at least!  cool

2. wilderness profile image94

A very nice insult, what else?

Yo, Izzy!  Has there ever been an explanation for the stats screw-ups for the last half year or so?  What's with this bunch?  Would it kill them to at least offer a token explanation, or are they too good to explain?  How about it HP?

10. profile image0

Good enough!

11. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Yes, it is getting old, Randy. As others have stated, my earnings have not moved all day. This has been the case all week. Actually, there have been stops and starts since the stats went loopy last week. Even though the time "updates," the stats stay the same. I think my earning stats change 2 to 3 times a day, maybe. There was one forum where the issue was addressed by Matthew but it seems the glitch remains. (Sigh)

I think it's not asking too much for one of the tech dudes to show up and say "the problem is..........." and sort of clue us in, especially when it happens quite frequently.  I'd be willing to give them a dollar of my own hard earned money.  tongue

12. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

Honestly, I don't really even notice. But I guess that's because I rarely have time to keep an eye on my stats and even notice if they're stuck or actually changing.

And I guess since this isn't my main source of income I don't get as concerned as others who make more money than me and rely on proper stats updates.

Look! I'm being non-combative and pleasant in the forums! Someone congratulate me, quick! big_smile

Congrats, Shanna!  smile    Non-combative AND pleasant.  roll

13. Isabella Snow profile image86
    Isabella Snowposted 11 years ago

I agree that there appears to be a problem with the stats reporting again.

14. DIYmommy profile image65
    DIYmommyposted 11 years ago

I guess I'll count myself as a fortunate one here.

My stats seem to update once daily.

Fairly new here, is this the "norm" for stats to update? Or, should they be updating more frequently than that?

15. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

At the risk of sounding like a "suck up", It must be a conspiracy smile

16. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

The minor glitches at HP seem like nothing compared to all the technical problems they've been having at Squidoo recently.  I guess everyone's trying to make their site more friendly for the latest incarnation of the panda.

It's apparently too much trouble for staff to address the problem here, Paul.  Poor overworked staff, I feel sorry for them.  sad

2. Soul Man Walking profile image58
      Soul Man Walkingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Go Adobe.

17. SuperheroSales profile image56
    SuperheroSalesposted 11 years ago

Quite honestly, and I know this is really silly, but when I see so many issues going on like the stats freezing I start to worry that perhaps other systems in HubPages are not working properly either and we wouldn't ever know about it. For instance, how would we ever know that the ad sharing revenue system is working properly and not stuck with only HubPages ads instead of our own for extended periods of time?

I was also having a great month for Amazon selling many products daily and then a couple of days ago my Amazon earnings from HubPages flatlined and I haven't sold a thing since. I can't help but worry that there is another issue going on behind the scenes. The frozen stats make me paranoid about the reliability of other systems which I know is silly, but I can't help but wonder because we have no visibility into some of the more important revenue based systems.

Of course we should be concerned with the continued problem of these "glitches."  And you are correct to wonder what else is going wrong with other facets of HubPages.  The silence is deafening.

My stats show the last update taking place over 6 hours ago.

18. Steve Lensman profile image61

The stats aren't fully updated yet despite the time change, I opened an old hub of mine last night and had a good look at it, about 14 hours ago to see if that single view turns up the next day on the stats page but its still showing as zero.

Google analytics is busy with activity, 15 different hubs being perused at the past 30 minutes, wahoo! I hope I get to see the final results on the stats page some time today. Exciting innit? smile

19. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

My stats seem to be working. I watched it drop below a round number, and was saddened. And now I just saw it go back above that round number, so now I am gladdened.

1. profile image0

gladdened. I don't think I realized that was a legitimate word.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was surprised as well when the spellchecker didn't squawk. big_smile

1. profile image0

lol

20. kittythedreamer profile image75
    kittythedreamerposted 11 years ago

My traffic has dropped significantly over the past 24 hours..by almost 1000 views...is anyone else experiencing this?

1. Len Cannon profile image87
      Len Cannonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd say it's down about 25% for me which is disappointing but not a total disaster. At least, it won't be if it stays at only 25%.

2. LCDWriter profile image89
      LCDWriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine seems to be declining rapidly as well.  There are other people on other threads saying the same thing so I think there is something going on with many people's pages.

21. LCDWriter profile image89
    LCDWriterposted 11 years ago

Yes, I looked at my GA and it seems that my traffic from yesterday should have been comparable with my traffic from Wednesday but it was not.  It was significantly lower as were my earnings.  I don't know.  I still think the stats are glitchy.

22. Randy Godwin profile image61

At least HP has changed the update message to more clearly describe the situation as: " x amount of hours or earlier."  Can it be any more vague?  lol

23. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 11 years ago

My Google Analytics showing no traffic but hubpages stats showing traffic.Are there any problem with Google Analytics.

1. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My Google Analytics is not reporting my hub stats, and I am not getting any report for my Adsense revenue.Can anyone help me out?

Not really.  Obviously 5 hours is long enough to wait for an answer.  The Great Oz will be with you shortly. smile

If Google isn't reporting traffic that you believe to be there the best place to ask why is probably Google.

That's what I said. "The Great Oz will be with you shortly."  cool

2. andromida profile image56

Randy, I've figured out the reason of my stat problem.My adsense association got disabled by hubpages.

It happens to the best of us!  cool

1. andromida profile image56

Just waiting for another reply from them.

24. Steve Lensman profile image61

The stats table is still a little wonky, hubs I know had hits yesterday night are still showing as zero this morning.
    And this is where it gets weird, a hub that has had 6 views in 7 days is showing 0 views for 30 days, how is this possible?
    I see another old hub with 2 views in 7 days and again 0 views in 30 days.
    I've cleared my temp folder and tried again, same results.

On the plus side my views are slightly up.

25. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I'm showing decreased views for one day, and that number has stayed the same - has not changed in many hours. Then I have increased views for the week and month.  I admit it is frustrating to try to track our progress (or, cough, the reverse) in the wake of a major Panda change, and have numbers that aren't making sense.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)