jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

How do I delete comments I have made?

1. GwennyOh profile image84
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

I commented on a question today, and when I went to clarify what I had originally said, I was limited to 200 words.  I had said I would come back and continue the thought because I was under the impression I could.  I couldn't; and had to continue in a wrong area on the thread, as I was getting a message that I had made a comment already, but I could write a hub about it if I wanted to.  I didn't though, I wanted to finish my thought not to look like someone that couldn't be bothered to finish what they are saying. 

So I asked the author to delete my comments and she didn't or won't.  Is there a way to delete the somewhat embarrassing mess?

Here's the thread: http://leilabarda.hubpages.com/question … o-the-lord

GwennyOhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dang, I see I am not likely going to get an answer.   Has anyone else written a comment that remains out there to taunt?  Lol...

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know the answer--but hang tight--it's the weekend; folks are not around and on here quite as johnny-on-the-spot as on weekdays..   wink

Thanks DzyMsLizzy, I appreciate the comment just the same.  One of those days for me, you know...?

3. Sneha Sunny profile image82
      Sneha Sunnyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No you cannot delete the answer. You can edit it within 10 min of posting your answer. However, the author can delete it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Only the person who ask the question can delete it

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

3. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Don't worry too much, not many people will see the answers. Look at the stats for questions you've asked, you'll see many don't have much traffic. My best performing question has reached nearly 500 views, but that was about cats, so is Googled. Most only have a couple of dozen views - not worth fretting over. It is upsetting to feel you've not expressed yourself fully, but in the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal.

Thanks, I feel better you having said that for some reason... so thanks!

4. profile image60
    WJLammposted 4 years ago

Perhaps a few more minutes considering whether your answer is helpful, condescending, or will have to be deleted in the future would save you having to ask this question.

Just a suggestion.

?

Perhaps you are assuming it was another question that I was referring to, well you were wrong.  I placed the link.  Look.

5. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 4 years ago

You can comment on your original post and clarify what you wanted to say if the comment is not getting deleted.  Did that once when I had an afterthought I wanted to add.

That's what I wanted to do, but for some reason can't.  I can comment anywhere else on the thread under anyone else's comment, but I can't start a new comment or add under my own.  Odd, isn't it?

6. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 4 years ago

Strange.  It worked for me - I think it was the reply to my comment that I hit.  Ah me - the mysteries of the universe and modern technology.

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Carola Finch- that might have been because you had just left the comment. On HubPages, comments are open for a short amount of time, then they lock down. This enables people to delete comments should they have realized there was a typo or something of the sort. big_smile

I see, thanks for clearing that up.  I was wondering why that was.

2. jenb0128 profile image95
        jenb0128posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It irks the heck out of me that if we notice a typo in a comment more than five minutes after it's been posted, the only way to get rid of it is to delete the entire comment and post it again. It happened to me just the other day, as a matter of fact.

In this case what bugs me is that we work hard to have a respectable online image with which to promote our work.  And when I look at that thread, I ended up having to bounce here and there in attempt to clear up the mess. 

I thought I was clarifying, and after the fact I feel I came across as a - you know, fill in the blank whatever.  That the appearance of what I was doing is not discernible.

Lol, it is a thorn in my side that is not likely to leave.  I shall have to accept it.

working