Please pray for my grandma

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (33 posts)
  1. blessedmommy profile image81
    blessedmommyposted 15 years ago

Please keep my grandma in your prayers.  We found out last night that the Dr suspected that she had colon cancer. I cried almost nonstop.  I love her very much and she is the last grandparent that I have.  Now, my mom just called and it has been confirmed.  They are waiting to find out if it has spread to other organs.  My grandpa (her husband) died from this and it was a hard road.  It hurt so much to see him go down from a very energetic and full of life man to a weak and feeble man.  I don't want to see my grandma suffer like he did...I just don't know how i'll stand it.  She's such a wonderful lady. 
    Thanks for letting me bare my heart sad

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Prayers will go up on her behalf.

2. kristinemac profile image61
      kristinemacposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My prayers are with you and your grandmother.

3. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is the cancer in first/second stage as nowadays in those stages it is definitely curable. Anyway I pray and wish for a speedy recovery.

4. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Im really sorry to hear. My grandfather on my mother's said died when I was just 6 years old I only remember a little of what he was like. I will pray for her. Hopefully things will be okay for a little while. best wishes, condolences and heart fill hugs coming your way from me. INTERNET HUG!!!!!

2. Proud Mom profile image61
    Proud Momposted 15 years ago

Blessed mommy, your grandma is blessed as well to have you.  She--and you--are in my prayers.  God has our time already written, and He won't take any of us a moment too early, or too late.  That doesn't make our desire to keep our loved ones with us, and without pain any less, though, does it?  I am praying that His will be done and that you and the rest of your family have the strength to get through all of this. 
    My grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer many years ago.  Hers was still encapsulated, and they were able to take the colon, which has left her cancer free.  She is my only living grandparent now, as well.
    In my prayers,
    Proud Mom

blessedmommyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This really, really helped me.

3. blessedmommy profile image81

Proud Mom, I've been crying my eyes out and I still am this minute.  I live about 3 1/2 hours away from her and I won't be able to be there for her surgery.  I just got off of the phone with her and she is not sad or depressed but sounded really hopeful.  Her doctor seemed to be hopeful as well.  A good part of her colon will also be removed.  I can only wait for God's will now and hope for the best.  I really appreciate you posting, it was there for me right when I needed it.

1. Proud Mom profile image61
      Proud Momposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I suspect God's been whispering in her ear.  :-))

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Be strong Blessedmommy. Hope the news will be good. kindest regards Zsuzsy

4. Bob Ewing profile image64
    Bob Ewingposted 15 years ago

My thoughts are with you.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Prayers already gone up. Be encouraged in His Name.

6. blessedmommy profile image81

I was so touched when I logged in and saw the responses that I started tearing up.  Thank you all so much for all of the prayers and kind words.  You all are great! 
    I talked to her again this morning and she's still confident.  Her surgery will be taking place probably sometime within the next few hours.  I will keep you posted. 
    Thanks for caring.

7. Proud Mom profile image61

My God in Heaven,

I am asking that you place your arms around blessedmommy for the next few hours.  Let her actually FEEL your presence.  Your comfort surpasses that of the rest of us.  You are the only one who can get her through this difficult time of uncertainty.  She has obviously followed your commandment to love, as her deep reservoir of it for her grandma is evident in just the few words she has written.  Comfort her, remind her that You are there and hold her through the discovery of the results. 
    I also ask that you guide the hands of the surgeons taking out this cancer that has consumed her body.  I know you are the Ultimate Healer, and healing will happen at Your request, if that be Your Will. 
    Above all, I ask that Your will be done in all of this.  If You still have work for her to do here, comfort her through her recovery.  If it is time for her to see You, comfort the family, and let them realize the celebration that this outcome is for her.
    I'm sure her confidence comes from You, and I thank You for giving that to her.
    All of this for Your glory,
    Amen

8. blessedmommy profile image81

My grandma is in surgery right now and it will probably last in all 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
    Thank you Proud Mom for posting your prayer so that I could see it.  It gave me so much encouragement.
    I've decided to go ahead and make the 3 to 3 1/2 hour trip.  I won't get there until after the surgery's over, but I just want to go.
    I will keep you posted upon my return.

9. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Father God,

Please be with blessedmommy as she makes her way to her grandma.  And let your healing light and love flow in the operating room as surgery is taking place.  And may your loving presence be felt strongly amidst this difficult time.  To know that You are there and that they are not alone is more than enough to give them strength to face things right now.  Please hug them Father God for me.  Amen.

Blessedmommy, my prayers go with you and your family and most esp. for your grandma. 

--Michelle

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/seekingpeace_2007/jesus-hugging-girl.jpg

10. blessedmommy profile image81

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT PRAYED FOR MY GRANDMA AND ENCOURAGED ME!!!

I have great news about my grandma!  The doctor said that her cancer was contained to a tumor and that after it was removed he didn't see a sign of cancer anywhere else.  He is confident that she is now 100% cancer free!  She is doing really well now other than just being in a lot of pain.  But we have a lot of hope that she will make a full recovery!!! big_smile

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

To God be the glory \o/  big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

2. dayzeebee profile image67
      dayzeebeeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to hear this good news. Will continue to pray for her full recovery and for all family members to remain strong under God's loving care. Know that there are many from this community who are one with you. Hugs:)

11. blessedmommy profile image81

I also have more to praise God for!

My brother and his wife went in to have their baby this morning.  Everything was going well until my sister-in-law began having a contraction that wouldn't stop.  It was causing so much stress on the baby that his heart rate dipped dangerously low and they thought that they may lose him.  They were getting ready to rush her to get an emergency c-section and we all started praying.  Soon everything evened out and his heart rate went to normal.  Everything turned around so quickly that they even let my sister-in-law deliver by natural birth instead of c-section!
    This week has been a wild ride, but God has seen us through and I'm so very thankful to Him!!!

1. drpastorcarlotta profile image62
      drpastorcarlottaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Praise God for you testimony!!!  God is always on time especially when we pray!  I am so glad everything worked out!  I will keep your family in prayer!!!  Luv Luv

12. blessedmommy profile image81

To Proud Mom:  I just wanted to let you know that you are a jewel!  God has really used you to encourage me.  You'll never know how much your words and prayers has touched my heart...but more importantly, the heart of God.

Ripple maker:The prayer was beautiful that you prayed on our behalf.  I appreciate it so very much.  As far as the picture, resting in Jesus' arms is exactly how I make it through life.  Even everyday life can take its toll if I don't rest in Him.

I don't want to leave anyone out.  I can feel the blanket of prayer that has been wrapped around my loved ones and me.  You all have proved to be great friends...Thank you.

13. Proud Mom profile image61

Praise be to God, blessedmommy!!  What a wonderful week you have ended up with.  It's evident that God looks favorably on you.  Thank you for the update, and give that precious new baby a hug for me!!  Did she have a boy or a girl?

14. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I know the pain of finding out about how a loved one is injured or has cancer.  It is a horrible feeling, and I pray your grandma continues to heal from this.

15. blessedmommy profile image81

IT'S A BOY!!! smile

His name is Logan Isaac and he weighed 7lbs 14oz and measured 20 inches long.  He's a real handsome one too!!! 

I'm an aunt to 8 little ones in all now!!!

16. Proud Mom profile image61

Oh what fun!!  My boy came after two girls.  He adds that little extra.......something. big_smile

I have two boys and one girl!  (My girl is in the middle).  She wants a sister so bad and has mentioned it over and over.  I guess it's hard for her to understand that she can't just order what she wants.

I wouldn't mind having another baby sometime in the future though.  Something about seeing these babies...oh well, its won't be soon.

1. Proud Mom profile image61
        Proud Momposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm fairly positive I'm done unless God has other plans, in which it would be one of those pleasant surprises.  But at times, I have to fight that baby urge.  The other day, I saw a woman downtown getting her little one out of the carseat and slinging her diaper bag over her shoulder and that bug hit me.  I hit it right back though, and continued on my merry way.  smile

That's cute that she's placing an order.  Could be she's placing it to the right person, though.  You might want to listen in on her nightime prayers.....wink

17. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Hi blessedmommy, these are delightful news!  Good wonderful beautiful news!  You are loved tremendously.  Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey because we too are blessed. I know I am.  smile

Father God, thank you for answering our prayers and for showing us love in many forms and many ways.  Amen.

Amen.

18. blessedmommy profile image81

My mom got one of those "pleasant surprises" when I was 16 years old.  A lot of people thought that he was mine. smile
    My sister, (alias 'singingmommy' here at hubpages), had one of those "pleasant surprises" born to her 4 months ago. 
    So...you never know...LOL

19. blessedmommy profile image81

Countrywomen:  She had surgery and the doctor believes that it has all been removed and that she is now cancer free. 
    She has been crippled since she was a child and so they are having a hard time "waking up her bowels" because they can't get her up and walk her.  Because of this she still cannot eat.  But besides that she is doing as well as can be expected and we're very hopeful of a full recovery.
    Thank you so much for your concern.

1. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank God she is fine and hopefully will completely recover soon. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)