jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Off to College...

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I leave for college next weekend.  I will still have internet access, but I don't think I'll have much time to write or participate here, so I've set a goal: to write 4 featured hubs in the next 5 days to bring me up to 50 hubs, get my 100th follower (I only have 1 left), and then write 1 hub a month and leave comments here and there.

What I'm worried about is that I'll lose followers (not technically) and lose time through my inactivity as I did last semester.  Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can do during college to keep the ball rolling here?

Thanks
    Ben Blackwell

1. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck to you!  College is fun!

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

1. Barbara Kay profile image90
          Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Study by writing about what you are learning. One of the members here even writes about how to solve math equations. You could write about a historical event that you need to remember the details about.

Good luck in college and don't forget to have a fun time.

1. profile image0

That's a pretty good idea.  I have uploaded actual college assignments (after they've been graded), but I suppose I could write on what I'm learning even if it's not for an assignment.  Thanks for the suggestion.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

As WriterJanis suggested, perhaps you can set a goal to write one hub on a weekend. If you have other things you want to do with your free time on the weekend and don't want to spend a few hours working on a hub, you could write a little bit in a notebook whenever you have time and then just type it in on Saturday or Sunday morning.

1. profile image0

The notebook thing sounds like a good idea.  I will try to write a hub on each weekend, but I also have a job there, so it will be rough.  Thanks for the suggestion.

2. WriterJanis profile image76
    WriterJanisposted 4 years ago

Perhaps set aside some time on the weekends? By the way, good luck with college.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Keep trying to improve your Hubs so that you will gain more traffic and better scores.

1. profile image0

I will.  Thank you.

4. Silva Hayes profile image91
    Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago

Good luck!  Hope you have a great college experience.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

5. ologsinquito profile image90
    ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago

Best of luck in your studies. I like the notebook idea. That way he doesn't have to devote hours on a weekend to making a hub. You are very wise to start something like writing for Hub Pages when you are young.

1. profile image0

I can see why, but what reasons are you thinking of?

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Congrats on heading back to college, and on your 100th follower (I read that post!). Your time at school will be a good chance to let your hubs get more Google juice - that takes time. And writing one a month is a really good and realistic goal.

During those times when you check in at HP, take a few minutes to read & comment on the HOTD, and check out any hubs that appear on your feed. That's a good way to keep a presence here, and to meet more writers (and maybe reach 150 followers!).

Good luck this semester - we will be thinking of you!

1. profile image0

Thank you.  Sounds good, and I'll definitely do it.

7. Silva Hayes profile image91
    Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago

College will give you lots of material for new hubs - both academically and socially.

8. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I don't really have anything to add, but I did want to wish you all the best at college.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

working