jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Hubs not approved after 2nd revision!

1. Techski profile image80
    Techskiposted 3 years ago

I spent multiple hours writing and posting my 2 reviews with pictures, videos, paragraphs etc. and none of them have passed and believe me, they are better than some of the copy and pasted garbage on here. I am not sure am I allowed link them but they are around 500 words each, 3 pictures and 1 video per topic. I broke it up into paragraphs and checked my grammar and spelling. This is unfair as I know they have a better standard than most 1st time posts. Thank you and I would appreciate any assistance

Techskiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The issue is solved and all have been passed! Thanks so much you guys, 1st day and a great community ehre

2. lbsf1 profile image85
    lbsf1posted 3 years ago

Possibly make it longer, 500 words isn't very much.

With a video and a review for a repetitive app, if I write more than 500 words I will end up repeating myself.

3. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 3 years ago

They both look fine (word count, content, grammar, formatting, etc). And one looks like it's already approved - got ads and everything. If that's the case, the other will be approved soon, too.

Hi thanks very much, Ads? I haven't connected adsense so do hubpages get all the revenue. Thanks

1. chasmac profile image98
        chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they do.

2. chasmac profile image98

And now I see BOTH of them have ads.

I will connect adsense but I need a gmail account sad I use icloud for work. Can you sign up for adsense with an iCloud.com email. Thanks

1. chasmac profile image98

You don't need a gmail account to get adsense - I don't have one. Well, I do but not associated with my adsense account. I think any email is fine.
            What you DO need, though, is a lot more content if you're thinking of applying via HubPages. If you have a lot of other content on your own blogs, for example,  you can apply independently of HubPages. Otherwise, you'll need quite a few more hubs before they'll consider you.

4. Aneegma profile image75
    Aneegmaposted 3 years ago

500 words is way too short. Average words for you to have no problems passing quality stage is 1250 words. When you are publishing your hub, look through the suggested ideas on the left hand side, they help in making sure your hub gets through with no problems.  I can only see the hunger games one and it only has two photos, and a video. You've written it like an amazon review, which is frowned upon on hubpages. Make your page more exciting to see, add more photos, include a poll so you see if people are actually reading it. Add interesting facts on the sides. Your topic of choice is difficult to come up with more than 500 words that's probably why you had problems getting past quality assessment. You must have an adsense account in order for you to earn on hubpages. If you haven't connected it, you're not earning anything. I suggest you read through the tutorial on how to produce a quality hub.

Thanks very much for the constructive criticism and i will take this into account

5. kimsrob profile image60
    kimsrobposted 3 years ago

i usually try to write above 1250 words and put at least a poll.Only one of my article has been published though.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most of my hubs are under 500 word when first featured--although I often lengthen them later.  Being under 500 words is not, in itself, any kind of problem at all.

It is about what the worlds are, not how many there are.

6. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Have you considered the fact that you've only been with the site for 16 hours?  Things tend to get queued up over weekends and take longer.

7. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

This is from HubPages FAQ:

NOTE: If you are applying to Google AdSense for the first time, we recommend postponing your application until you have at least ten high quality Hubs published (that is, ten Hubs of over 700 words each that are well-written, useful, attractive, and entirely original). We have found that Hubbers who have fewer Hubs, or just have a small collection of very short Hubs (even very good ones), are sometimes declined for having insufficient content. This is not always the case, but it is better to be safe than sorry!

Of course, if you've got a lot of content elsewhere on the Internet, this probably doesn't apply to you.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd go and read up on Adsense, maybe starting here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#when-to-apply-to-adsense

8. The Examiner-1 profile image79
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Make them at least 750 to 850 words - try for 1150 to 1250 if possible.

working