Anyone here uses Scripted.com?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

How long does it take for your chosen Specialties to be approved?

I took the English test and got approved but am waiting for my 'specialty" to be approved but has been pending for the last few days.

Also, can I apply to more than one specialties?

1. JessBraz profile image91
      JessBrazposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.. I've never heard of this website before, so naturally I took a little jaunt on over out of curiosity.. just when I was thisclose to attempting to claim my first assignment on Helium, this website catches my eye. I don't want to write for more than two at the moment. Hubpages will be where I post hubs about things that interest me, and Helium seems to post "jobs" for articles that people are looking for... Though scripted.com sounds like it works in a similar format... I'd be interested to know how you do on this site and how it compares to Helium.

In the FAQ on "becoming a writer" for scripted.com it says it can take anywhere from 5-10 business days for a specialty to be approved. It also says in the "excelling as a writer" FAQ that in order to become a "pro" on this website "you must have a track record of success across multiple Specialties with several jobs."   So I guess that means you can have more than one specialty... whether you have to prove your worth in one before you can resubmit to a second, I wasn't able to find an answer to.

Good luck with this website Cardisa! Let me know how it works out for you, as I might be interested in following your lead over there in the future. smile

Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jess. I wouldn't compare this website to Hubpages because the articles here belong to me but Scripted is freelancing, I give up all rights when the client pays.

Thanks. How on earth did I miss that? I read through the TOS twice and missed it...jeez., you said FAQ...LOL

I hate Helium and will never go back. I joined Helium long before HP when it was just a site to post stuff. They have this totally ridiculous clause that you can't remove your content even if you close your account and that sucks! I tired to get off my poetry off there and they wont let me though I literally begged!

1. JessBraz profile image91

No problem!
          Good for you for not being swayed by other's negative reviews! I'm a sheep and will wait a bit until I hear more from other Hubbers who use the site. lol.

I have signed up for Helium, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. I've managed to figure out how to find the "assignments" that are currently offered, however, I'm still not sure how to go about actually writing one.. If I claim one, then what? I've grown so accustomed to writing a hub here at Hubpages, that trying to figure out how to produce content on another site feels like attempting to learn how to speak Russian. Do you have to include your own photo's and such like you do here on HP or do you simply provide the written content and the client takes care of the rest?

Haven't been back in years so have no idea how their new features work. When I was there, you didn't have to provide photos, just post your articles. Maybe another hubber with recent experience can tell you better.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I strongly recommend you read my review on Helium, and also go and visit their forums to read some of the posts about how earnings have crashed since their relaunch last October.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
        The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think that I found an answer to whether you can choose more than one. Under "What is a Specialty?" there is a line which says, "From there locate the specialty, or specialties, which you feel most qualified to write about."

Thanks Examiner smile

2. Alphapx profile image61
      Alphapxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have tried it before but I can't do it. I am not fit with interface of the site. I am not liking their platform.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Thanks smile

2. JessBraz profile image91

Thanks for posting the link to that review! I read the whole thing through and the comments from other members of scripted don't sound very favourable either! Hopefully Cardisa you'll have a better experience with them!

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I decided to try them -- you never know.

2. Cardisa profile image88

I never let negative reviews influence my decision not to try something, or I would never have joined HP. People have bad experiences, gripes and personal vendettas and they will write negative things. I'll try for  myself before making a judgement.

3. psycheskinner profile image84

Oh, I put some weight in those reviews because I know the person who wrote them by reputation.  But I am writing in a different specialty so it is possible there is more work in that area.

4. psycheskinner profile image84

Applied for my specialty  on 03/12/14 --still "pending".  But they just sent an email asking why I joined but did not apply for a specialty. It does not give me a lot of faith in their system.

I was approved for one specialty but two are still pending for over a week. There are no jobs available in my approved specialty. I'd rather stick to my other sites like Elance and Guru.com. Luckily I have jobs lined up for a while or I would go hungry with Scripted.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

After noticing this thread, I went and applied.  Like you, I've been approved for one specialty but waiting on another.  I've applied to be an editor in the first specialty - no idea what it pays but it sounds like a more painless option than having to "pitch" to get work.

I got an email with a list of articles encouraging me to pitch but when I clicked the links nothing happened. I emailed the sender and she apologized that since I was not yet approved for the specialties i could not pitch. iWriter pays far less but also less hassle.

5. wychic profile image83
    wychicposted 10 years ago

Hmmm...interesting that it takes so long for so many people. Approval for my specialty took almost three days, but I applied about six months ago. I haven't really done any writing on there yet, but the approval went fast. They did just announce that people could apply for editorial positions about a week ago, so maybe they're overly busy right now with adding that in?

6. psycheskinner profile image84

Two weeks later, rejected for an "irrelevant" writing sample.  Methinks their definition of "science" is a little conservative.  I resubmitted with something more empirical and boring.

Me too...lol I was rejected for the Travel/Lifestyle and Food categories. I didn't mind not being accepted to the Travel specialty but I have been writing about food for a long time. I taught nutrition for quite a while and have been a personal chef as well. I honestly don't think they have enough work for all the people who get accepted so they are limiting the specialties, even though they say otherwise.

7. psycheskinner profile image84

What rejection reason did you get?  Mine is pretty baffling.  If they reject the next excerpt (from a peer reviewed scientific paper) I will give up on them entirely.

Here is the rejection notice, both notices are identical.

"We're sorry, but your specialty application in Food and Beverage was not approved by the community review board. Here is their collective feedback:

Regarding the consistency of your voice: I know what voice this piece needed, but the writer didn't execute it perfectly.

Regarding the clarity of your writing: I see what the writer was trying to express, but I'm still a little confused.

Regarding the flow of your prose: The thoughts linked together, with one or two notable exceptions.

Regarding the extent to which you kept the reader engaged: The subject was interesting and informative, but my focus still wandered.

Unfortunately, we're not able to reverse this decision. However, you are welcome to apply to other specialties on Scripted.

Simply reply to this email if you have any questions!"

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

With the good job you do on food hubs, I guess I won't even try over there.

Thanks Barbara. I ignored the review I read online but it's really not worth it. As you can see I am not the only one who is not happy.

8. psycheskinner profile image84

This time they said my sample was too short, despite being within the requested range.

Enough of that noise.

I agree. there is something wrong at that site. Not worth the hassle.

9. Keith Koons profile image57
    Keith Koonsposted 9 years ago

I posted an updated review here since they said not to post on an old thread-

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123831#post2620396

10. Carola Finch profile image91
    Carola Finchposted 9 years ago

It only took me a couple of days to be approved for this site. My experience was that most people who request assignments work with their preferred writers and there was almost no opportunity to break in.  Writers are expected to write "pitches" for a list of suggested topics in order to win over clients and just hope that someone will accept them (there is no payment for pitches).  I tried for several months and never got an assignment.  I found it a total waste of time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)