Don't its not even about the money, over-priced and over-hyped that the product is. Its about the spam bots that come and try to trash your blog if you crticise - except they ain't bots they were people once.
What started as a low-key exercise in SEO has turned out into a full-scale example of the power of mobs on the Internet - the story ends well though - those that care about grammar and bad language may be offended by the journey though LOL http://lissowerbutts.com/update-on-site … scam-post/
Wow, Lissie. You were pissed and I can't say as I blame you. I've seen things about Site Build It, but I've never had any dealings. After reading what happened to you, I never will, either!
Yes, anytime you question something that people have invested money in, they'll defend their decision with almost religious fervour:
- See for what happened when I commented on Renegade University "students" spamming hub pages just after I joined.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Renegade-Univer … Or-Shut-Up
Devotees of whatever you're being critical of will marshall their forces and bombard you with all sorts of allegations, assumptions, veiled threats, and criticisms.
Goes with the territory of commenting on stuff.
I'm sure you'll survive Lissie :-)
Cheers, Eric G.
Surviving quite well thanks Eric - yup your RU crap was the same - though I noticed someone actually did a turn around and even admitted it - amazing!
Yup pissed covers it Shirley LOL - I don't like bullies.
Sorry London Girl I was tired and cryptic when I wrote that. I may write a hub on it but basically
* I wrote a review of SBI - because when I checked it "site build it review" in the google results and all I got was bland generic reviews and that is a real easy way to con a beginner who wants an "easy online business" or something into buying an overpriced system. I used the word scam in the title because often people with google "site build it scam" to check if there is any problems. My aim was to make my post #1 for "site build it scam" - so that people looking for it may think twice and might even subscribe to my blog if they found the post useful.
* the owner of SBI was a little upset by my review and left a very LOOONG comment. Now long comments, especially ones that repeat my keywords is very good because it tells Google that there is a whole more new, unique content on my page.
* then I got someone who knew the other side of the story -was an ex member and he added an interesting comment.
* the original post by Ken Evoy, SBI owner he also posted his comment on the forum for the site build it. Then it got interesting
* I got an avalanch of comments from the "followers" - from an SEO point of view this is 7th heaven - but I also though it pretty bloody weird that people were talking in such terms of something which was just a hosting package with support!
* I got a little nervous with the threats of legal action, but I am stubborn and I hate being threatened. I am a member of a private forum and I checked their for legal advice - re slander, libel etc. This meant that the people on the forum saw what was going on.
* I'm in Australia so with the time difference the next morning the avalanch had got a lot worse. My mentor got mad and posted, not because of the original review but because of the goon squad who came over to defend it. I'd figured by then that there was not only an SEO benefit but if people really wanted to be involved in a system that had unpaid followers making threats towards me for an opinion- well I didn't even have to make the point - the point was made for me!
* I have some friends online who know a whole lot more about SEO they also don't like bullies. We now expect to dominate page 1 for "site build it scam" "site build it review" and similar terms. A lot so people have written supporting posts which link back to mine - I linked to them in a later post, - so with all those backlinks all anchored on the appropriate term.
I am currently #2 for "site build it scam" no quotes, #15 for "site build it review". It will take a month or so for the rankings to settle down.
Content is useful - but backlinks will get you top of the search engine results every time
You are very far from thick - the only stupid question is the asked one ..
Too bad it's too early for popcorn, lol. That is some impressive wankery in those comments.
Seriously, though, good work, Lissie. I've bumped into Site Build It before but never really paid much attention. I'm pretty new to internet marketing, but I've been online long enough to know that $300 a year is a ridiculous amount of money for a beginner to shell out on what is basically a glorified hosting package. Hopefully your post will help a few n00bs keep a few extra bucks in their pocket.
Whatever Eric - sometimes I don't proof read properly LOL! Like if Id got the typos of my original site build it scam post I would have sooo much more credibility now :-)
I'm still going to start a Lissie cult....lol...
I love to see good controversy stirred up, and I'm proud to be part of your cult fame Lissie.
Dorsi - can we settle for friends - even if I don't believe in Global warming ? :-)
by Bobby Isenhower 5 years ago
I like helping people with their hubs. I've gotten to know the ins and outs and how it works. I know how to use the tools and other websites to drive your traffic. If you are new post hubs in here and I will get to each one of them to let you know what I think
by Dorian Bodnariuc 19 months ago
"Paranoia" must think some of you, and honestly, I used to think the same. I didn't even believe that this was possible, even though Google mentioned that they have ways to detect link spamming. But the reality proved me I was wrong. My Traffic Is Constantly Going DownI did complain a...
by LucidDreams 15 months ago
They are just driving home the point that user experience and quality is point one!http://www.eddale.co/google/beware-google-bearing-gifts
by OSBERT JOEL C 4 years ago
Hi everyone,I have started a blog few months back. I couldnot get much views. Is there any way to increase the traffic?
by ofmelancholy 8 years ago
When ı search about a topic the first page results are not very high quality material, ordinary stuff. Then what makes them on top page?
by Manthram 5 years ago
Back-links are the main aspect of off-page SEO. There are several ways to get back-links. Social media, like posting your hubs to Facebook and Twitter, forum posting, and blog commenting are the most common. Just stay away from paid back-links, Google is cracking down on that finally. Then there is...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|