If You Are Thinking About Site Build It

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Don't its not even about the money, over-priced and over-hyped that the product is. Its about the spam bots that come and try to trash your blog if you crticise - except they ain't bots they were people once.

What started as a low-key exercise in SEO has turned out into a full-scale example of the power of mobs on the Internet - the story ends well though - those that care about grammar and bad language may be offended by the journey though LOL  http://lissowerbutts.com/update-on-site … scam-post/

2. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

you've lost me?

3. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Wow, Lissie.  You were pissed and I can't say as I blame you.  I've seen things about Site Build It, but I've never had any dealings.  After reading what happened to you, I never will, either!

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Yes, anytime you question something that people have invested money in, they'll defend their decision with almost religious fervour:
    - See for what happened when I commented on Renegade University "students" spamming hub pages just after I joined.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Renegade-Univer … Or-Shut-Up

Devotees of whatever you're being critical of will marshall their forces  and bombard you with all sorts of allegations, assumptions, veiled threats, and criticisms.
    Goes with the territory of commenting on stuff.

I'm sure you'll survive Lissie :-)
    Cheers, Eric G.

5. Lissie profile image75

Surviving quite well thanks Eric - yup your RU crap was the same - though I noticed someone actually did a turn around and even admitted it - amazing!

Yup pissed covers it Shirley LOL - I don't like bullies.

Sorry London Girl I was tired and cryptic when I wrote that. I may write a hub on it but basically

* I wrote a review of SBI - because when I checked it "site build it review" in the google results and all I got was bland generic reviews and that is a real easy way to con a beginner who wants an "easy online business" or something into buying an overpriced system. I used the word scam in the title because  often people with google "site build it scam" to check if there is any problems.  My aim was to make my post #1 for "site build it scam" - so that people looking for it may think twice and might even subscribe to my blog if they found the post useful.

* the owner of SBI was a little upset by my review and left a very LOOONG comment. Now long comments, especially ones that repeat my keywords is very good because it tells Google that there is a whole more new, unique content on my page.

* then I got someone who knew the other side of the story -was an ex member and he added an interesting comment.

* the original post by Ken Evoy, SBI owner he also posted his comment on the forum for the site build it. Then it got interesting

* I got an avalanch of comments from the "followers" - from an SEO point of view this is 7th heaven - but I also though it pretty bloody weird that people were talking in such terms of something which was just a hosting package with support!

* I got a little nervous with the threats of legal action, but I am stubborn and I hate being threatened. I am a member of a private forum and I checked their for legal advice - re slander, libel etc. This meant that the people on the forum saw what was going on.

* I'm in Australia so with the time difference the next morning the avalanch had got a lot worse. My mentor got mad and posted, not because of the original review but because of the goon squad who came over to defend it. I'd figured by then that there was not only an SEO benefit but if people really wanted to be involved in a system that had unpaid followers making threats towards me for an opinion- well I didn't even have to make the point - the point was made for me!

* I have some friends online who know a whole lot more about SEO they also don't like bullies. We now expect to dominate page 1 for "site build it scam" "site build it review" and similar terms.  A lot so people have written supporting posts which link back to mine - I linked to them in a later post, - so with all those backlinks all anchored on the appropriate term.

I am currently #2 for "site build it scam" no quotes, #15 for "site build it review".  It will take a month or so for the rankings to settle down.

Content is useful - but backlinks will get you top of the search engine results every time

6. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

thanks! I feared it was me being thick, and I was right.

7. Lissie profile image75

You are very far from thick - the only stupid question is the asked one ..

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Err. I think you meant to say "The only stupid question is the unasked one ". lol

8. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

Too bad it's too early for popcorn, lol. That is some impressive wankery in those comments.

Seriously, though, good work, Lissie. I've bumped into Site Build It before but never really paid much attention. I'm pretty new to internet marketing, but I've been online long enough to know that $300 a year is a ridiculous amount of money for a beginner to shell out on what is basically a glorified hosting package. Hopefully your post will help a few n00bs keep a few extra bucks in their pocket.

9. Lissie profile image75

Whatever Eric - sometimes I don't proof read properly LOL! Like if Id got the typos of my original site build it scam post I would have sooo much more credibility now :-)

10. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I'm still going to start a Lissie cult....lol...
    I love to see good controversy stirred up, and I'm proud to be part of your cult fame Lissie.

11. Lissie profile image75

Dorsi - can we settle for friends - even if I don't believe in Global warming ? :-)

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Fine Lissie there will be no cult following then.
      And Lissie, the new term is "climate change"...lol....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)