Anybody here written a worthy ebola hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (43 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

I did a search already. If you've written an ebola hub that you are constantly updating as new news comes along, I'd like to link to it. Drop me a note via my profile if you are interested.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you type ebola in the search bar here, there are so many articles listed that I'd just forget that one.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

This is for my main website; I'm currently on an Ebola rampage there. big_smile

I'm updating it daily and it is starting to get more and more daily traffic. I was just looking for a good hub link I could include there. The link would be in good company along with other links to the likes of the CDC, etc.

1. Solaras profile image94
          Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Luis Gonzalez has one he shared this morning

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Did you hear not to worry about it unless you, personally, have been warned? It does not seem affect too many others. The traveler from Africa affected 1 other person in the hospital. The traveler died and the other worker is doing well and is going to recover.

Did you hear how the hospital staff did not follow many Quarantine protocols.  The sheets from the Liberian that were covered with the projectile vomit fluids he was spewing around the room were piled up in another room up to the ceiling.  His blood samples were sent through the pneumatic tubes to the labs where everyone else's samples are sent.

Staff did not wear foot coverings when in his room with all of the vomit, then went off to visit other patients in the hospital carrying his fluids on their shoes around the hospital.  He himself sat in the open emergency room for and hour or so twice.

A second nurse has the virus, and while sick and feverish got on an airplane and flew from Cleveland to Dallas.  She even called the CDC to inform them of her fever, and no one there told her not to get on the flight.  WTF

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My field in preventive medicine was begun in order to focus on just such types of problems, but the discipline was folded into Public Health and lost emphasis, imo. Things are very wrong now, as you have pointed out to us.
              We have many CDC people now in Ohio. That plane made 3 additional flights before it was decontaminated. How thorough that was, I have no idea.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
              The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Eew, at least nobody else got it.

+1

3. lisavollrath profile image93
              lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I live in the DFW metroplex, and have friends who work at Presby, though they are mercifully in another building. There was no discussion of Ebola, and no preparation for it prior to that first patient arriving, Medical personal were not advised on how to handle the patient until after his treatment was underway. Why would there be any preparation? No hospital in the US has ever had a patient walk in with Ebola before.

Also, this hospital is not set up for bio-containment. The correct thing would have been for the CDC to immediately send a team to insure proper precautions were followed, and to airlift the patient out to one of the four US hospitals set up for the type of containment this disease requires.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
                SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. I think because Mr. Duncan's was the first U.S.A. case, it would have unfolded in about the same way at many hospitals around the country.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

I just saw that all 4 designated hospitals for Ebola containment/treatment can hold only 9 patients altogether in Nebraska, Montana, Maryland (NIH), and Georgia (Emery).

My Midwestern city health department head announced on TV last night that Cols OH has everything needed to treat Ebola, but that is not correct.

We also have only an isolation unit, and no Level-4 Containment. Then, a woman here called 911 with a report of faked Ebola symptoms and a fake trip to West Africa, all in order to gain faster treatment for an undisclosed illness.

3. Solaras profile image94

Agreed - the CDC just phoned it in, and totally fell down on the job.  They continue to.  I don't know who is running the ship over there, but there needs to be a massive shake-up. Shameful that they did not go out there and teach not only Presbyterian, but all area hospitals proper protocol.

I agree. Their publicized stance recently is that they cannot tell the states and the hospitals in them what to do. They cannot be much help with that attitude.

If they can't, then who do they think is supposed to do it?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
                    psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's not an attitude it is a legal fact. They have zero power other than to advise.  What do you expect, that they storm the hospitals with weapons and make them comply by illegal force? They issued protocols, the hospital chose not to follow them.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

I'm following your website now. This topic interests me a lot.

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

Hey Para, you might like the one by Long Time Mother. It is at the top of her hub list on her profile page.

3. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I guess my point is, we should not have to worry about an epidemic, but if people are too ignorant or lazy to follow protocols, we will have one.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

http://kalafina.hubpages.com/hub/giant- … -real-deal

My definition of worthy may diverge from the norm.

lol lol lol lol lol

A little E. coli or whooping cough would be the perfect Christmas gift for my daughter's a-hole band director. Love it!

Wowee wow wow! as Christopher Walken used to say on SNL.

It would indeed be a bad trip to have whooping cough as an adult - I had it twice, coz the vaccination wore off. Second time was not so bad - more annoying, really.

LOL, well, I don't mean the real thing -- I mean one of those toys featured in that article. They would make the perfect gag gift to let someone know just how much you like (or don't like) them. I love a great gag gift! I don't think I would have the heart to give anyone the Ebola toy, though. I would stick to E. Coli or something along those lines. lol

Use a whooping cough toy. Cough cough wheeeeeeeeeze.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I wrote a blog post called Ebola Gags.  Does that count?

You should have a big place like The Disney Store, filled with all your stuff!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

An ideal combination to balance the sweet and sugary hell that is the Disney Store smile

Right you are!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It just might. lol

6. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 9 years ago

People need to continue having public discussions on the topic re the issues of prevention, responsibility, how to respond at the polls, and more.  I hear a finance guy is now the czar of ebola--laughable, but the move is not surprising.  He stands with those who wouldn't close borders. Gaps he lacks in knowledge can be filled in by the CDC, etc. who've done such a superb job on this little matter.  There's lots to write about and discus...

1. profile image0
      robertzimmerman2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually Ron Klain was the guy who organized Al Gore's legal challenge to the 2000 election in Florida. Using unconstitutional tactics. He's just a very astute Democratic Party Operative and certainly not a medical professional.

It's the President's call so he will have to live with it, but making bad decisions has not bothered him much in the past.

7. clivewilliams profile image72
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

Ebola, premola, zebola. Too much ebola i cant stand it. Everyone is trending ebola. The governments talk ebola, social networks talk ebola, Seems like ebola is the new revenue maker! and Black life taker

It distracts from ISIS, doesn't it?

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

The CDC doesn't have a helicopter to send, or the legal power to overrule what the hospital chose to do.

IMHO the dog that was taken by animal control is probably getting better quarantine because the shelter will proactively seek and follow CDC advice.

I can't imagine what hospital administrator would spit in the eye of the CDC, and overrule their recommended protocols.  They don't want to get infected either.

There's the rub. Some Hospital Administrators and the head of my city health department feel that they know better than the CDC, going by comments in the recent interviews on local television.

9. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

And the latest news is the new Ebola Czar's credentials include being the "mastermind" behind Gore's attack on the State of Florida. And yes it was an attack, check your Constitutional law before getting upset.

And the media will wonder why we would prefer someone with Medical Experience?

Any Hub on this topic will sound more like Apocalyptic SCI-FI than informational.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My hub is meant to inform and calm some who may be prone to panicking....like my mother. But I also agree with you...it can get out of hand quickly and some may only see gloom and doom.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Hey, folks! I just saw your very kind Ebola comments on my website! Thank you very much!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)