Please Guide

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Rafiq23 profile image86
    Rafiq23posted 9 years ago

I just saw that all of my 48 hubs have been identified as NEEDS REVISION. Please guide me whether it is real or there is a bug.

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Other profiles are still showing people's hubs so I guess your hubs have been unpublished.
      The site is currently heavily looking at spam; especially related to amazon products not being highly relevant to the content.
      Having not read any of your hubs I can't comment on their quality.

Most of the time the hubs will have a message on them when you go to edit them giving some guidance as to the issues..

2. Rafiq23 profile image86

It says highly promotional.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image83
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rafig23, I cannot view them, as they are not published right now, but the "highly promotional" message usually has to do with -  too many Amazon capsules clustered together, or Zazzle links, which appear as 3 links to HP, ads to products that are unrelated to your articles, or lots of products with not enough text to justify their existence.

Check to see if that could be the problem. I had that happen a few times, when I first came here, from Squidoo.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

HP does not use Zazzle.

3. Rafiq23 profile image86

Shades, I have deleted Amazon and Ebay capsules and looking for them to get them refeatured.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image83
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rafiq23 - When they are, some of us may be able to offer some more specific help. I am rather a newbie, so some of those who have been here awhile will be a great deal more helpful.

Rafiq23posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I want to let you know that I am going to delete all of my 48 hubs as I am unable to get them re-featured. I want to transfer them to a new website. It seems HubPages is not rewarding original contents. Most of my hubs were at the top of list in google search results.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wait until Tuesday when the staff is back in the office. (Monday is a holiday in the US.)  I looked at a few of your Hubs via the Web Archive and I couldn't see anything that was overly promotional.  I suggest that you send an email and ask what is wrong with your Hubs: team (at) hubpages.com.

(The Hubs I read were very well written, informative and far superior to most of what is published on HubPages.  Certainly a mistake has been made.)

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
          Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The are showing on your profile now, so maybe you are alright.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
            Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

44 of them anyways.

4. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 9 years ago

It's probably due to the fact that each and every one of your Hub summaries was just a nonsense pack of keywords for that subject, instead of being actual descriptive summaries of what the content is about.

Here's a screenshot of what your profile page used to look like, when all your Hubs were still published.  If you read the descriptions you have in the summaries, it's obvious why admin moderated your entire account.

Most of the summaries are just the title copy-pasted over and over.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12137635_f1024.jpg

That's a good point and he should definitely change those summaries.  But, are the summaries actually part of the QAP?  I've never seen the summaries on Hubs using the Hub Hopper.

1. relache profile image66
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The Hub Hopper is a flawed process.

+1  cool

2. Rafiq23 profile image86

Thank you very much Ralche for your suggestions. I followed your method, changed the summaries and got my hub re-featured.

5. Michael kingdom profile image60
    Michael kingdomposted 9 years ago

Yea dear, its real, you just need to do some editing in your hups, (ie) changing words totaly or arround.

6. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

It is for real because I experienced that early this week. Go edit and resummit them and they will be republished. just change few words.

I believe many hubbers will still receive such message in no distant time for that is a new step introduced by hubpages.

Above all you may not be over promoting any product.

1. Hendrika profile image67
      Hendrikaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I must say, I agree that you look at all of them. It does not always help though. I have just had one of my Hubs with nothing I can see at all. To them I can only think they consider it spammy as I only have one Amazon capsule on it. I went through every single word in it. Changed everything remotely spammy and still no luck so I have deleted it. I realize Hubpages cannot look at every single Hub, but a little help on what is really wrong will help. Have you had any luck since?sad

7. novator profile image62
    novatorposted 9 years ago

Seems like someone has a trigger finger for pulling hubs right now...I wonder if HP realizes that people are going to start learning how to throw up webpages of pure frustration.

Novator:  Google is the trigger puller, not HP.  No matter where you post, you will have similar problems unless you improve the quality and content of your work and limit ads, etc.

8. novator profile image62
    novatorposted 9 years ago

out of pure frustration*

9. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74

Novator, the point is that the links to our articles have been updated by Google on Hubpages and that is why it is difficult to leave now. Leaving now is like starting life afresh. So we have to dance to their tone.

Mike:  It appears that you are not a native speaker of English.  I have noticed in several of your forum posts that you misuse and incorrectly spell words.  You say you have had problems featuring your hubs, perhaps the fact that you are using incorrect spelling, structure and grammar is one of the reasons.

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74
        Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TIMETRAVELER2: Thanks for your concern in detecting that I do not know how to speak and write correct English. I want to let you know that he who thinks he knows how to do something best may be making very big mistake. Go to my hubs and forum posts and figure out the places I used incorrect grammar one after the other and report them here. If your able to do this, I will then believe you are right with the point you made.

Besides, you may expect me to use U.S English in my posts and write-ups but it is not so. I speak and use British English.

Once again, thanks for your expensive findings my English master. Remain bless...

1. novator profile image62
          novatorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mike, I think you write very well all things considered. Also, Ive lost websites with hundreds of thousands of words...its tough, but it makes you smarter in the end - protecting yourself by scattering eggs in multiple baskets is never a bad idea.

Novator, thanks a lot. As I said before, am making plans for that. Thanks for your understanding.

Mike, you know just as well as I do - if not better than I - that life would be very difficult for a person if they did not have understanding for others that are different.

I respect what you do here, keep at it brother.

Novator, thanks for the comprehension you have. I once again say THANK YOU.

10. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74

TIMETRAVELER2: For more information, I did not say my hubs failed to be featured. What I said was that my hubs were unpublished (need revision) which is the same issue issue the hubber that created this forum thread is having.

Thank you very much Relache and Writerfox for your suggestions. I changed the summaries of my hubs and fortunately got them re-featured. I thank all of the hubbers who suggested me various means to get my hubs re-featured.

Awesome, I'm glad you got things worked out...it would have taken a bit of effort to SEO a new site with those articles...and goog may still have them archived under HP's .com

Novator! I'm really glad I have recovered from that trauma. Though, I am not receiving that traffic, which I had in the past, yet I'm very very pleased that my hubs have been re-featured.Thanks to all of you who guided me very well.

You can re-summit the links to those hubs that lost traffic to Google Webmaster tool. It is well.

Really?

I don't know, I've never submitted web 2.0 (hubpages, weebly, blogger) to webmaster tools,..

11. clippingpath51 profile image62
    clippingpath51posted 9 years ago

What ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)