Who wants a lamb as a namesake?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 55 discussions (155 posts)
  1. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

It's still a bit early, but in about 3 to 4 weeks my Drenthe Heath sheep will start lamb again. Since a few years I have been giving my lambs the names of my (former) fellow Squidoo writers. I like giving my lambs names, but it's always difficult to come up with some nice ones. So this year I'll name them after fellow Hubbers.

Most of the time I will not use your real name, but your writer's name, because quite often those are just too cute. In the hub that I will publish after the first lamb has been born your name will be linked to your profile page and the hub will grow and grow until all lambs are there.

If all goes well, 11 ewes will give birth to lambs, singles or twins, females and males. So if you're interested to have a namesake lamb, just let me know in your comment.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9899918.jpg

The one in the photo is the namesake of KathyMcGraw, born two years ago and she will be a mom for the first time this year, but she's living with another breeder now.

1. Kurtzer profile image60
      Kurtzerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sounds cool to me
      How does "Kurtzer" sound to you?
      It's my nick name
      And if anyone asks it's a nick name I got it from a foremen while I was working at a plumbing  company during this summer with my dad. My Polish foremen called me Kurtzer because I have the Kurds blood he said.

1. Titia profile image93
        Titiaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kurtzer it will be. No problem.

2. Titia profile image93
        Titiaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wanted to name a lamb Kurtzer, but then I noticed that there was nothing to see on his profile page, not one hub. So I won't be giving you a namesake because I want people who link through to your page at least see something to read.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Titia -

One of my dearest cousins lost her daughter in a bad accident in 2009.  It sounds like your lambs are used for wool and they lead a good and long life? 

If you have room for another name, and if it's not already used in your flock, I'd love to honor Lisa, the sweet daughter my cousin lost. 

If you're able to name a lamb after Lisa, and can send me a PM once it is born, I can let my cousin know.  She'd be thrilled, truly thrilled.

Thanks for offering this sweet opportunity to everyone - what a tender thing!

Marcy

1. Titia profile image93

Give me the name of your cousin too, sometimes twin girls are born.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Janet, or Jan.  That would be a sweet touch.  You are kind to honor people this way!

3. Ben Aidoo profile image59
      Ben Aidooposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Titia, I'm just curious, would your lambs when they become sheep be allowed to die a natural death?

1. paradigm search profile image55
        paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is a very good question! I've been wondering if I was going to become someone's lamb chop dinner. And then there's the whole shearing thing; am I going to become someone's underwear? big_smile

1. Titia profile image93

Sheep need to be sheared every year but the wool of our sheep is special and not suitable for underwear, unless you want to scratch your behind every two minutes. smile

And yes, most rams alas have a shorter lifespan than ewes because they have a far bigger influence on the offspring than ewes.

Oh, good, re: the underwear thing. I had no desire to explore places unknown. big_smile

However, for some unknown reason, my superstition/karma alarm has been triggered. I've decided I don't want my name associated with anything that dies. If you have a reasonably new, well-built barn; feel free to name it "Lambs of Interest". big_smile

1. Titia profile image93

Your choice, but everything dies eventually, even well-built barns.

Statistically speaking, the barn will outlive me. So when it eventually does go to that giant lumberyard in the sky, I won't be around to care. Just make sure the land doesn't get rezoned for condos. And keep plenty of fire extinguishers around. big_smile

1. Titia profile image93

LOL I have only one barn, but my sheep hardly ever go there, only some ewes I want to keep an eye on while lambing. My sheep stay out summer and winter, no roof above their head. They've been bred ages ago to survive harsh winters on little food. Nowadays they are fed far better than they used to, but even today the sheep in the big herds up North, have to search their food in the heath fields in winter.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12248218_f248.jpg

2. Titia profile image93

If I should do that Ben, I wouldn't be able to breed anymore, just because I would very soon ran out of space (meadows) and besides that, different from what most people who never worked with lifestock think, letting a sheep (or cow or horse) die of natural death is totally not at all a humane thing to do. I could show pictures of sheep, still alive but old and sick, getting eaten by the fly maggots from the outside in, but I won't because you would want to throw up if you saw them. Full grown rams kept in a (smaller) fenced meadow will fight each other, resulting in broken legs, broken backs, hipbones even until death.

I don't breed for the profit, I breed to keep this particular rare breed from getting extinct. That means you have to be selective in your choice of animals you breed with, particular in the rams you use. There's no point at all in breeding with animals that suffer from genetic failures. No point in selling those to other breeders either. Those sheep end up at someone's plate, mostly mine and then I do have control over the way they die. I never sell my sheep to sheep traders because then I don't have any control over what happens to them. I never eat my lambs until they are at least 1,5 year old (the age on which we make the breeding selections).

The ones that pass the breeding criteria, are kept or sold to other breeders. We are very keen on keeping the breed healthy without stuffing them with antibiotics and stuff like that.

1. Ben Aidoo profile image59
          Ben Aidooposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Titia, you must know why I'm curious. Since I'm using my real name on HP, I wanted to get some idea about what manner of death would befall the lamb I give my name to. Now that I know, let me think about it.

1. Titia profile image93

Your choice.

2. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

Hi Titia,    You named a lamb after me last year, so I guess I can't have one this year.    Will look forward to seeing the photos of the babies though.  :-)

1. Titia profile image93

Indeed, I can't have two lambs  with the same name. Snakesmum is living with this other breeder too, along with AnnieMackie, Erin Mellor, Fanfreluche, Flycatcher, KathyMcGraw, LadyMermaid, Lexi, Making-A-Mark, Sunny Brit, Victoria and YoursFoolie.

This year's lambs will again be quite colorful, because I used 3 different colored rams to father the lambs. Always a surprise what will come out.

1. KathyMcGraw2 profile image68
        KathyMcGraw2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

At least I am in great company wherever we are living smile  Oh, and I think the rules say others can post a link so here it is  http://titia.hubpages.com/hub/Lambing-Season-2015   

There are several years of these, and I am excited to watch this years lambs as well!

Thanks for the link!  This is exciting - I'll be thankful and honored if one of my requests makes the cut, but even if they aren't, this is fun & I feel like an expectant aunt!

2. jodijoyous profile image60
        jodijoyousposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Might I have one for this screen name?

1. Titia profile image93

I'll put you on the list. It all depends how many female lambs there will be and if it's not this year, then maybe next year.

1. jodijoyous profile image60

Thanks Titia. smile

3. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

"Lamb of Interest"

1. Titia profile image93

All my lambs are 'lambs of interest', because they belong to the oldest and very rare native Dutch breed Drenthe Heath sheep (in Dutch: Drents Heideschaap). These type of sheep roamed our country as early as 1300.
      I could name one 'Paradigm', but I need to know if I should give it to a boy or girl.

A handsome, philosophical male. With whiskers.

4. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

I don't think my account name would be a very good name for a lamb, but the little dog in my avatar photo is named "Jessi." That might be a cute lamb name.

Your photo is adorable, by the way. This is a fun way to give them names. Nice idea!

1. Titia profile image93

SmartAndFun is a perfect name for one of my lambs.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I am certainly willing if you see a suitable Psyche smile

1. Titia profile image93

Psyche is ok, but I need to know male or female.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Female, last time I checked wink

6. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

Though I am a Leo, I am more of a cowardly lion. In high school a friend named me "docile-rochel'.
    ... Rochelle

1. Titia profile image93

You'll get your Rochelle.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much-- I thought it might be a name you didn't have, yet.  You are going to take care of it in your country... right?

1. Titia profile image93

Yes, all Drenthe Heath sheep are in The Netherlands. We have a few in Belgium, but since a few years we're not allowed to export them to any other country anymore, due to some stupid rule. Too complicated to explain here.

7. favored profile image62
    favoredposted 9 years ago

I absolutely love how you do this and have followed it for years.  Whomever you choose will be honored by this kindness.  I'm glad you're bringing it over here as well.  Now they'll get to see what we have.

Keep us posted as before on all the births.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Definitely, especially if I were able to do a spot of wet felting with wool from my own namesake, now that would be something special:)

1. Titia profile image93

Lambs that are born this year, will be sheared for the first time in 2016.

2. Titia profile image93

There's a lot of felting going on in my country and this breed's wool is especially suitable for felting due to its structure. We have white fleece, black, grey, brownish in all sort of shades.

We can discuss wool next year.

1. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, this fiber artist is very intrigued.  And patient.  I had to wait two years for my saffron guru to split his corms so I could get some.

By the way, the full meaning of my first and last name put together is "black ewe," so there's just another layer of potential meaning.

1. Titia profile image93

Black sheep I have, with a little silver grey, they will be sheared this summer.
            We call this black with a light factor, meaning they're born black and there fleece is black, but it gets more silver grey as they grow older.
            http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9898091_f248.jpg

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That animal is beautiful!

2. relache profile image73

Wow.  That is a gorgeous sheep.  I have to read up on this breed more.

1. Titia profile image93

Well I can't give you a link but I have written about my sheep.

8. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

I don't think there's ever been a sockii lamb, so I offer up my name! I've always enjoyed your lambing lenses smile

1. Titia profile image93

You'll certainly have your namesake this year sockii

9. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

That would be lovely! My grandson would particularly like to hear that I have a lamb named after me! smile How lucky are you to witness the birth of baby lambs.

1. Titia profile image93

I think yours will be called 'Cooper' and if you give me the name of your grandson, then I'll give him a namesake too. Twins could be girl + boy.

1. tlcs profile image63
        tlcsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Titia, my grandson's name is Brad and he would be overwhelmed!

1. Titia profile image93

Ok, I'll make a note of that. First twin girl/boy are yours.

10. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

My full first name is Rachel, which is Hebrew for "ewe" so I think that would make a really funny name for a sheep.  Also, I was born in the year of the Sheep/Ram, which is the Chinese New Year we just started.

1. favored profile image62
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, that is very neat.  It sure would be fitting.  I think we'd all like to have one of Titia's lambs named after us. There is such a waiting list smile  This is year 3 for me.

1. Titia profile image93

Favored you will have yours too. I don't work with a waiting list, so you good be very well the first. smile

2. Titia profile image93

Though I like the name 'relache' too, Rachel it will be.

11. relache profile image73

This reminds me of how my local zoo takes suggestions from the public when new baby animals need names.  It's nice how it gives so many people a chance to make a nomination.

1. Titia profile image93

Yes and I don't have to sweat my brain thinking up names LOL

12. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I love this thread. You can use my name if you like. I'm actually spelled without the 'y', but it makes Jane seem less plain. smile

1. Titia profile image93

I like it with the y in it.

13. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

For some weird reason HP (filter?)  thinks my OP is an advertising and promotional post. See http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129030  Everytime I hit the reply link now I get this weird message threatening that my HP account might be closed.

I 've send an email to the HP team to clarify, because I don't understand why this is happening. I don't sell anything and I don't ask you to buy anything. I just want to have a bit of fun with giving my lambs the names of fellow hubbers, like I did for the last 4 years at Squidoo.

I can't even reply to any thread in the forum anymore without getting that message, so I'll wait what the HP has to say about this.

I truly don't understand it at all and I certainly hadn't expect this to happen at all. Somehow I'm now marked as a spammer, so I won't be replying to your comments for the time being. I don't want my HP account closed. It's truly unbelievable. Good heavens, this is an Advertising and Promotional post??? All I did was asking if you wanted a lamb namesake.

14. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Titia - you're right - somebody needs to lighten up!

15. naturegirl7s profile image87
    naturegirl7sposted 9 years ago

Oh, I just saw this. It looks like I'm coming in on the tail end again. wink I was on a list a couple of years ago, but I think you ran out of lambs. If it's a prolific year perhaps naturegirl or my given name, Yvonne Camille would work for a lamb. I hope HQ gets things worked out with the odd notification.

16. relache profile image73

Titia, you might want to email admin directly and talk to them about the forum flag issue.  I'm sure a manual review could resolve the issue, but you have to ask for one.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please ask, Titia-- we are all supporting your friendly efforts to reach out and connect with other hubbers. We could use more of that. It's not at all self-promotional or any different than anyone starting a  mindless word game-- and plenty of people do that.

2. Titia profile image93

Relache/Rochelle, I did write them an email. No answer yet.

17. flycatcherrr profile image67
    flycatcherrrposted 9 years ago

Titia, it's lovely to see you are carrying on the tradition of naming lambs for online friends.  I often think of the little Flycatcher lamb (one of twins, with Peter) and wonder if the fleecy one is still with us.  Having a lamb named for me was a real bright spot in the midst of the depressing kerfuffle that we ex-squids went through in the past couple years - so very good to have this uplifting spring ritual go on here at HubPages. smile

1. Titia profile image93

Flycatacherrr, she is living with another breeder and she will be a mom for the first time this year.

1. flycatcherrr profile image67
        flycatcherrrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful to hear -  thanks for the update, Titia.  I hope she turns out to be a good mother. smile

18. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

I really do not think you want to name any of your lambs after this pen name but you are welcome to use it if you want! I have really enjoyed reading this thread and your replies to people. I have Guinea Fowl, chickens, water fowl, parrots, rabbits, lizards, and dogs (of course) and had never even thought of finding new names from all of the wonderful people who comment on these forums. You are a very special person, and your sheep are lucky to have you thinking of their best interests!

1. Titia profile image93

DrMark is a perfect name for a male lamb. I'm always short of names for my male lambs, it's mostly the ladies who want a namesake.

And thank you for your kind words.

19. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

If you have any lambs left after this horde of wonderful admirers claims them, you could use my martial arts nickname - Ping. it's the Chinese duck in the story "The Story of Ping" by Marjorie Flack. Captain Kangaroo read it to us every year on his show.

I shall now be sad for a few moments, since the Captain and his whole crew are now gone.

20. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Any news! Any babies been born yet?

1. Titia profile image93

No not yet. Theoretically they can be born from March 25 and on, but in practice and in my experience they probably will be a bit later.

21. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

That's a shame my birthday is on the 23rd it would be lovely to know that one was born on my birthday! Fingers crossed.

22. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Lambing season has started, I'm preparing the hub.

23. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

So excited! Good luck, hope everything goes well.

24. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

The hub is published, but I'm not allowed to put the link here. I'll send a message to those who's namesake has been born and put the names in this thread.

Lamb 1 = Smart&Fun - hubber SmartAndFun

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Is that a lamb destined for slaughter? lol

1. Titia profile image93

No, most of my lambs are destined for breeding as they belong to a very rare and very old Dutch native sheep breed, which we are saving from extinction. Only if they don't pass the breeding selection (mostly rams) they'll end up at someone's plate.

25. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Twins were born this evening

Lamb 2 Cooper - hubber tlcs
    Lamb 3 Brad - grandson of hubber tlcs

26. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Triplets were born on Easter Sunday.

Lamb 4 - NatureGirl
    Lamb 5 - Favored Fay
    Lamb 6 - DrMark

On Easter Monday another lamb was born

Lamb 7 - Sockii

Wow....Isn't this the first time in the last few years that triplets were born?  Very exciting!

2. KathyMcGraw2 profile image68

Now we need Marcy and Relache's namesakes.  LOL maybe there will be another set of twins and they will be siblings smile

3. naturegirl7s profile image87
      naturegirl7sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My namesake is one of triplets born on Easter... wonderful and so special. Thank you.

Congratulations "sis" smile

4. favored profile image62

So happy to see these babies.  Thank you Titia.  Cannot be more pleased with the Easter blessing!

27. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

Aw, an Easter namesake! That made my morning! And proud to know who my "mommy" is as well smile

Congrats to you also sockii.  Easter Monday baby. She is adorable. Did you see her yet?

28. jodijoyous profile image60
    jodijoyousposted 9 years ago

Here's the link to Titi's hub: http://titia.hubpages.com/hub/Lambing-Season-2015

What happened to Jodik's Paris? Plate? or retirement?

Also, if you need a boy name, you could call one Yofi (that was my cat).

1. Titia profile image93

Unfortunately I had to let go of JodiK's Paris last year. As you can read in the hub lambing season 2014, both her lambs died suddenly and unexpectedly after 2 and 3 weeks. The year before one of her lambs also suddenly died. That's not a good sign. I would have given her a third chance, but last summer she developped sunlight sensitivity. It's not quite a disease, but more an extreme sensitivity for the ultra violet sunlight, resulting in getting a terrible itch all over her body, but mainly on the head. The itch is so bad that the sheep rub their head to poles and trees until the blood comes out. It's not curable. It will disappear in winter, but will appear again in summer. That's not a humane life for a sheep, so yes, alas she ended up on someone's plate.

But as I'm always short on male names, I certainly will call one Yofi.

Poor thing. I remembered her lambs didn't make it.

I'm sure Yofi the cat would be pleased to know he will have a namesake. He certainly liked hearing his name! smile

29. relache profile image73

Wow, lamb triplets are rare.  Your new lambs are looking good!

1. Titia profile image93

Triplets used to be very rare in our sheep breed and you hardly ever find them in the big herds which graze the heather fields, but as the sheep today are getting fed better food, you see them with the breeders who don't have too many sheep.

The original average of lambs in our breed is 1.5 but nowadays it's higher, because more twins and  triplets are born. I don't like to have triplets too often, because the mom has only two nipples and the weakest lamb won't stand a chance to get enough milk, so you have to bottle feed them.

Do you alternate them for bottle feeding?

30. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

So pleased that everything has gone well! Thanks so much for Lamb 2 and Lamb 3, can't wait to tell Brad and we will read the hub together this afternoon! Congratulations.

31. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

This is so sweet!  How exciting - triplets!

I'd love to at least have a Lisa namesake!  I don't have to have two - but I know my cousin will think it's sweet to have one named Lisa, for her daughter.

1. Titia profile image93

They will be there I'm sure, there are still 6 ewes to go and I expect at least 3 or more to have twins in them.

32. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

Great to see you continuing this tradition, Titia. I already received a namesake (Banana Man) and with 6 grandkids I could take up half the flock! Or is it a herd?

All the best!

1. Titia profile image93

I think when you call it a herd, it should have far more sheep in them than I have, so I'll stick to a flock. As I'm always short on boy's names, I might call upon you when male lambs are born.

33. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I'll throw my screen name in to the ring. Solaras is my kennel where we breed Border Collies - seems apt for a clever lamb of either sex.

34. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Hi Titia, how are Cooper and Brad doing? An update would be lovely if you have the time. Your hub was exceptional. Thanks again tlcs.

1. Titia profile image93

I'm a bit busy at the moment with all the lambs that need bottle feeding. Looks like I will have another one on the bottle. Don't know what got into the ewes, but it seems they don't want twins this year. LOL

Is Lien doing better?  Are the triplets being bottled fed or is she up to taking care of that?

35. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

I can't imagine how long it must take to bottle feed lambs!

I had a friend who had a farm and she had to bottle feed lambs twice a day, right after milking chores, so they'd eat fresh.  She said without teenagers to assign chores to, she'd never manage it all.

36. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I have to bottle feed the lambs about every two hours during the day, I start at about 8.00/8.30am, then 10.30, then 12.30, then 14.30/15.00, then 17.30, then 19.30/20.00, then 10.30. That's for at least two weeks, then I expand that to every three hours and so fort to 4 times, 3 time and two times a day until at the age of 2 months old I stop bottle feeding them.

New lambs have been born, I'm just now updating the hub.

Lamb 8 = Lisa
    Lamb 9 = Yofi

1. Solaras profile image94
      Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how you get anything else done! 

I had a mother with a C-section reject her puppies.  I had to feed them every two hours, and I was exhausted. Happily she decided to accept them after a few days, but I was still tired a month later.  Good luck!!

1. Titia profile image93

Sheep won't do that. Once they reject a lamb, there's no way they will take it back on. In between feedings I work in the garden or on my computer or do some cleaning (not to much smile ) Once you get into the rythm of bottle feeding, it's not so bad. Lambs learn fast how to drink from the bottle feeder.

37. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I will hopefully add some more photos and maybe a little video tomorrow. My hubby has to make them because I can't get enough distance between the bottle lambs and myself. The moment they see me, they'll come running towards me. I'm their Milk Bar Mom  and they want to be as close to me as they can get.

Thank you for Lisa!  She's beautiful - so sweet looking!

I had no idea of the feeding schedule - wow - you must be exhausted after those first few months. These are lucky little tykes, to be born into such care and love!

38. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Twins are born this afternoon and all goes well this time.

Lamb 10 = Psyche
    Lamb 11 = Ping

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oooooh, Ping! Many thanks for that; it makes me smile.

39. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

LOL, I've been sending messages to the writers who got a namesake lamb, but I discovered the other day that some of those messages probably didn't reach them, because the default when you follow someone and add text, is the 'no message.  So it could be that some are not aware of already having a namesake.

Tonight another twin was born, female and male, didn't want to disturb this mom, so photos will follow tomorrow. A black male and a spotted female.

40. relache profile image73

This has been an awesome pseudo-live-blog of farm lambing.  It sounds like things are going great Titia.

1. Titia profile image93

Yes it is, but fact is now that this afternoon another twin males were born and I only have female names left. LOL

Titia, as I go by "Rae" instead of Rachel most of the time, you could use "Ray" if you wanted to name a male lamb after me.

Ray.....or Relache sound good for one of the male lambs....and Rae or Relache if a female one needs a name smile

I asked that the lamb be named after my full name (Rachel), not my screen name, since Rachel means "ewe." 

Relache is French for "no performance tonight," which strikes me as NOT the name you want to give a stud ram.

1. sallybea profile image95
              sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Titia profile image93

LOL male lambs can perform at the early age of 4 months old, but we don't let them until they're 1,5 years old and fully grown.

2. Titia profile image93

Two more ewes still have to deliver and both have twins in them. I'd rather wait for a female lamb for your name Relache.

2. KathyMcGraw2 profile image68

My grandsons name is Blaze.....that would be a good name for a male lamb smile

1. Titia profile image93

Ok, I"ll name one Blaze. I can take pictures tomorrow outside, because it's rather dark in the barn. Both lambs are very, very dark brown.

41. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Darn, my hubby made a video of the lambs at the bottle feeder. I uploaded it to youtube and now I've been at it for two days to get some music in the background. They said it was easy, but it isn't easy at all. I need at least to tracks and I can't get it done.

Anybody here knows how to do that? Is it possible to get more than one track of music under one video?

Do I have to put one track first, then save it and then put the second track in? Saving takes forever each time. I don't know how all those people make it look so easy.

I can tell you that I get very frustrated right now. yikes

42. Asila Wrights profile image60
    Asila Wrightsposted 9 years ago

My daughter's name is Corynn Jeanne. I thought maybe you might like her name for one of your precious little lambs!

1. Titia profile image93

Sorry Asila, I'm fully booked with names at the moment.  You'll have to wait till next year.

43. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I've added some new photos. It's very difficult to take picures now with all those bottle lambs standing in the way LOL. Still two ewes to go and boy do they take their time. I'm away for a day coming Saturday and you'll see that they will plop out their lambs on that day.

44. relache profile image73

Titia, nature takes it's time and likes a good laugh. 

Last fall, my saffron crop didn't pop a single blossom until the day I was leaving for a trip, and my garden tender just got one five minute briefing on how to harvest before I had to leave for the airport.

I don't doubt your estimate on your last lambs.

45. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I've addes a video of the lambs at the bottle feeder. I finally figured out how to get it right with music. Not perfect yet but it have to do. I also added more photos.

46. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I need two male names and I want to announce that Relache's namesake Rachel has been born two days ago along with her twin brother. Mom rejected them and Rachel got rather supercooled. It took a while before she actually started sucking.

One more ewe to go in hope she carries twin females.

1. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sean   ?    As in "Sean the Sheep"  the cartoon.
      Sammy

I like alliteration...... :-)

My grandpa's name was Saul (more alliteration).

2. Titia profile image93

I already had those names in the past.

1. profile image0
          Snakesmumposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Simbi  ?    He's my huge python, and it's the name of a Haitian voodoo loa or god.  :-)

2. Solaras profile image94

Solaras is unisex - we have males, females and neuters under that great border collie name!  Meet them here Solarasbordercollies[dot]com . Shameless, but they are my babies and I am proud of them!

1. Titia profile image93

Solaras you've got your namesake lamb, it's lamb number #15

1. Solaras profile image94

Really!! How did I miss that - Thank you - I can't wait to see my lambiekins!

47. tlcs profile image63
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

I bet your getting extremely tired with all the bottle feeding you have had to do!

1. Titia profile image93

Well sometimes it is, but you get used to the daily  rythm and all other things you have to do have to be done in between feedings.
      It sometimes has advantages too, like getting an invitation to a party you don't want to go but can't ignore either. You only have to attend for a short time because the lambs need their milk LOL

48. relache profile image73

Titia, Want to know something sort of funny, more unusual than humorous? I was born a little prematurely and wouldn't eat at first.  I had to be bottlefed too.

At least you won't get a sheep that dyes it's fleece different colors as it grows up.  I hope.

1. Titia profile image93

Oh well, than I've chosen the right namesake for you. No, she won't dye her fleece different colors, but she will however get a white fleece when growing up and her belly will stay black.

49. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Titia - I was finally able to chat with my cousin (our schedules don't always match), and I told her about Lisa the Lamb - she was so touched!  I posted the photo on her late daughter's FB page (which she keeps active, so Lisa will know we always think of her), and everyone loves the lamb's sweet face and cute expression.

This meant a lot to my wonderful cousin and to others who loved our sweet Lisa.  Thanks, so much, for letting us share the joy of your lambing season, and for honoring Lisa with a namesake!

1. Titia profile image93

You're welcome. When I can make better pictures I'll post them, or if you or they would like a photo of Lisa on a Zazzle product, it can be done also.

50. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Hij is erg mooi!!  I can't wait to see his horns grow out!!

1. Titia profile image93

That will take a while.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)