I made first Amazon sale

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Barack James profile image94
    Barack Jamesposted 8 years ago

Hi hubbers, I made my very first Amazon sale two days ago and you can guess how I feel right now. I know there are hubbers who make several sales a day, but this is a very big milestone to me worth sharing. This is a big boost on earnings and now I have all the reasons to get back hubbing. Thank alot hubpages:-)

1. Rachel L Alba profile image90
      Rachel L Albaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering if anyone actually bought something from Amazon on HubPages.  I was giving up on doing that.  How many times did you have to feature it or how long did it take?  After six months, I only made $3 so far.

Barack Jamesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Rachel, it took me 10 months to see this sale. May be it took that long because I dint have AdSense account for six months due to where I reside and therefore I could not sell on Amazon through hp earning program. I had already given up on Amazon but now am back for it, dont give yet coz its real people buy on Amazon through hp

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I actually do fairly well with the Amazon ads, but mostly in the summer months because I write about RV travel and living.  It always amazes me to see what people buy.  What few people realize is that once someone clicks on your ad, if they start surfing Amazon anything they buy earns you money.  I recently had someone buy quite a bit of specialized dog food...which has absolutely nothing to do with the ads I place...but heck, who cares?  It's earning for me, and that's all that matters!

1. ChristinS profile image41
          ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So true! I've seen several sales where I was like how in the world did they get from one of my hubs to that particular product? smile  I'm with you - so long as I am making some sales it's all good.  Normally though I can kind of deduce where the sales came from.  I have a couple of seasonal hubs that are "how to" in nature that do decent sales.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

Lots of thanks Barbara Kay

3. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

Lots of thanks Marie Flint!

4. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Pleased to hear it! Congratulations. smile There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after your first sale.

Sure Christy, it brings a good feeling to accomplish Amazon sale:-) Thanks alot!

5. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Making a sale always makes my day, no matter how small it may be. There is something very gratifying about it.

Sure Hewins, it gratifies alot to have someone buy an item you recommend. Thanks for your comment.

2. ChristinS profile image41
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

Congrats smile
    It's a good feeling to make Amazon commissions on our hubs.  I know it always makes me smile to see what others have purchased and to guess which hub it was from smile  Hope you make many more sales.

Thanks ChristinS, feeling so happy. Have been waiting for this and finally its here:-)

3. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Barack, congratulations on the first Amazon sale on HubPages.
    Here's to many more...cheers!

Thanks alot Colorfulone...

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well done, that makes it all worthwhile.  I get a lot of satisfaction when someone buys a product which I am using on a tutorial.  I am lucky I have had two Amazon sales this month and seven from eBay. Last month was also a good one for Amazon.  It really does happen!

Sallybea, it happens. Havent tried ebay though my ebay account is active, will give it a try soonest

1. sallybea profile image95
            sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Definitely worth a go, try to make sure that your ads reflect the products which you are using or talking about.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

Congratulations James, that is a large jump. I sure wish that I could make mine.

The Examiner, finally its not a big deal. You will sure make seval. Thanks alot.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
        The Examiner-1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome James. May you earn more.

5. Cardia profile image74
    Cardiaposted 8 years ago

Congrats! It's always a nice feeling to see an Amazon sale. I don't get them very often but when I do, I'm very happy. Wishing you lots of continued success!

Lots of thanks Cardia:)

6. Jocelyn Rain profile image60
    Jocelyn Rainposted 8 years ago

Any more advice you could offer would be appreciated. I am new to the site, so I don't have myself established much on here. But i'm all ears for any tricks or tips for making sales, I hope I can make one in the future. Congrats by the way!

Thanks Jocelyn Rain. Just keep posting informative hubs with relevant products on Amazon or ebay caps. Sales will eventual take place

7. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

Congratulations! It's always good to make a sale.

Yes, it feels good NateB11.. many thanks.

8. profile image0
    Diana Abrahamsonposted 8 years ago

Well done..there is hope for all of us too!

Thanks Diana, lots of hope indeed for all hubbers especially new hubbers.

9. profile image0
    Rana Pecarskiposted 8 years ago

that's great! I'm new and get a little discouraged here sometimes, so this is encouraging news.

Rana, dont get discouraged. I too was discouraged sometimes back but I got up right back after realising I made a good commission through hp and Amazon two days ago..keep going!

10. motivationsblog profile image89
    motivationsblogposted 8 years ago

Big Congrats to you Barack James! I know how you are feeling because I received my first one on Cinco de Mayo! I was totally in shock since I'm so new to HubPages. Many, Many, Many more to you and to myself. Celebrate this weekend, cheers to you. smile

Many thanks Motivationblog...congrats to you too:-)

11. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! I need my own share of the money. Lol

Thanks incomeguru, you must be making lots of income:)

12. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! Cheers to many more sales in the future.

Thanks Thelma, need to work extra hard to make more and more sales

13. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 8 years ago

I have made some decent sales on Amazon, too.  I wonder about eBay, though.  I never know what to advertise because the products I advertise may be gone by the time someone clicks on the Ad. 
    Do you folks change the ads for eBay often??

1. ChristinS profile image41
      ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, by far Amazon is the superior program.  I only have one eBay capsule in a hub that I keep there because the item is from a specific seller who sells something directly related to my hub that isn't on Amazon.  It's something made in the US that this seller personalizes for those who order it and it is on a "buy it now"  not bid style listing. 

Otherwise, unless it's a very specialty item and extremely related to the hub material I wouldn't even bother with eBay.   When they changed their program a couple of years back it really went downhill quickly.

14. Barack James profile image94
    Barack Jamesposted 8 years ago

Mary615, haven't tried eBay and am not so sure how it works. However, I think eBay works the same as Amazon and may not change their ads that often. There are lots of hubbers that use eBay caps on their hubs, let them help in clarifying this.

15. littlething profile image95
    littlethingposted 8 years ago

Congrats! I'm looking forward to my first sale. Here's to many more sales!

Thanks littlething, I wish you success in Hubpages:-)

16. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 8 years ago

First of all, congrats to Barack James! I'm sure it is the first of many Amazon sales!

Second, for those who are asking, here is a forum thread with some great advice regarding optimizing your HP articles for Amazon sales. Keep in mind that with the new "Spammy Elements" hoops to jump through, some of the advice is outdated. Do what you can to follow the advice given in this forum thread while also keeping your hubs free of spammy elements, and also follow the new guidelines regarding product review hubs.

For what its worth: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120197

My main piece of advice is to write about products which you personally have used and loved, or that have solved a problem for you. If a product has helped you, chances are it can help someone else, and your recommendation/opinion will ring true if you are writing about a product you really like. Also, include any negatives as well as positives, but explain the reasons why the positives outweigh the negatives for you.

Thank you SmartAndFun for the good information to hubpages community as a whole:)

17. Benny01 profile image45
    Benny01posted 8 years ago

I would be happy to accomplish such a milestone in hubpages, I haven't even got my first pay out in hubpages but I am holding my faith up that one day it would be my turn. I am happy for you dear colleague, enjoy!

Benny01, thanks alot. Keep up with the same spirit and never give up. Soon you will be smiling all the way to your bank:-)

18. Zhivko Stanev profile image60
    Zhivko Stanevposted 8 years ago

Good job, hope that is just the first of many more to come. smile

Yes Stanev, am hopping for more:-) thanks alot!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)