Articles lined in the editing queue

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (26 posts)
  1. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
    SakinaNasir53posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone! smile

I have been submitting my articles for niche sites and I have been getting emails that my hub has quality but isn't upto the standards yet. They give me two options and ask me to either wait for them to edit it (mentioning that this will take time as the editing queue is long) or to edit it myself. If I choose the second option and resubmit it, it might get rejected if they don't like it.

I am feeling just so sad with these emails and I wish they would point out what they find missing in my hubs. This has happened for four of my hubs out of which only one has been edited by the team and sent to PetHelpful. I am still waiting for the other three of my hubs to be edited by the team. What do you suggest I should do? Should I wait or edit the hubs myself? All help will be appreciated. Thank you!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you need advice with the editing you can post them in the forum as "I need feedback on my hub." I'm sure plenty of people would be glad to advise you.

SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

@Sherry Hewins

Thank you so much for your advice. I will post a forum asking for help for one of my hubs now. smile

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

They are very backed up now because they are editing many of the hubs that were originally moved to HealDove since a lot of quality issues were missed with those previously.

I suggest you do the editing yourself because getting it done sooner will be advantageous for you monetarily. You just need to do it right by following Google's Quality Guidlines. In case you haven't been following the other thread about that, here is where you can find the guidelines:

https://static.googleusercontent.com/me … elines.pdf

Oh! Thank you Glen for advising me with this and for sharing this link. I will go through it and hopefully edit the hubs myself. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Google guidelines are exhaustive and exhausting, and personally I think you can tie yourself in knots trying to understand and interpret them.  I would follow Sherry's advice, and post them on the forum for advice.  It's often the best way to spot what's missing.

2. Jan Saints profile image86
      Jan Saintsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thought they were moving only high quality hubs to niche sites. How did sub-standard hubs find their way on HealDove?

And how many hubs are on this site? I think they should be done with checking them by now. It's exactly a month since it was hit by Fred!

HubPages hasn't commented, but we know that the niche sites were originally created by moving the top 20% of Hubs from HubPages.  Those Hubs were selected because they were getting very high Google traffic, so it was obvious Google already loved those Hubs exactly as they were, and therefore there was less need for tweaking.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think the problem is that Google changed their algorithm, possibly with Fred. Back at that time you refer to, they went by other stats such as view duration – implying that they are actually reading and not clicking away. Bounces would lower ranking. Then later Google possibly decided to put more weight on bad grammar and spelling. Fred definitely is a different algorithm, as our traffic drop seemed to coincide with it.

What do you think Marisa? Does that make sense?

I'm interested that you mention view duration. I don't remember any mention of that as a criterium, only volume of traffic.  However, that's irrelevant now.  Google loved those Hubs then, and clearly they don't now.  And that's because they have updated the algorithm.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
              lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

View duration is a ranking factor and that's tested by many SEO guys. I tested it out myself on a few sites and my HP articles with larger average times ranked better. Same with pages on my website.

BUT the view duration can only be counted if the person spends time on your page and then hits the back button to go back to google. And probably if they go to another page and spend just a few seconds before hitting back the algorithm sees this as a weak sign (for the other website) and thus boosts your site up eventually, if that makes sense.

I know what view duration is, I just don't remember HubPages staff mentioning it as being a factor in their choice of Hubs to move.  They talked about traffic, period.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
                  lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ah I thought you said you didn't know view duration was a ranking factor. Yes HP only looked at traffic.

I realise I misread what Glenn was saying.

2. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think they were sub-standard. But since laymen and women are giving health advice, they want to be sure they are professional and that the advice won't hurt anyone.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96

When they first started moving hubs to HealDove they didn't have the editors on board yet. They were hiring them and training them as time went on. I think that was the problem. I know for fact that the first hubs of mine they moved were never edited. No snipping. No changes. They just accepted them as is. So I can only assume this was done across the site.

As I read other hubs, I found some that had terrible spelling and grammar errors. They were from top rubbers too. So I guess they trusted them for that reason without checking.

Anyone can make typos. You should see my mistakes, but I catch most of them with constant proof reading. I read over my hubs three or four times before publishing. I guess many don't do that and typos get in.

3. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

Yes, I would do as Sherry advised. Getting your hub to the standards as the Google quality requirements is definitely something you should do, but in my opinion a stellar hub covers the requirements.

Thank you so much Lobobrandon for your advice. smile My hubs are always made in the stellar mode. But, I'm not able to understand the missing quality. It would really be helpful if the team could point it out to us.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

It all is pointed out. No need for the team to repeat it. It's all in Google's Quality Guidelines that I gave you previously. Just take the time to read through it. We all did. It's priceless.

Thank you Glen! smile I'll go through it definitely.

4. Jason mackenzie profile image77
    Jason mackenzieposted 7 years ago

They also have a rule saying you need to have minimum 5 hubs in order to get them featured. So may be if you added one more to the list, it could help with the process.

No Jason, that's not relevant - that's only for people who are brand new to HubPages.

Thank you Marisa. smile

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image96

Hi Jason! smile

I have written 12 hubs till now. smile Thank you for sharing your opinions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)