jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Pixabay not working

1. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 4 weeks ago

Where else can I find free to use photos?

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
      RJ Schwartzposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this
    2. Venkatachari M profile image76
      Venkatachari Mposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Both creativecommons.org and pexels.com are good for nice pictures. But, I think creativecommons.org requires your registration with them.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
        RJ Schwartzposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

no - the commons is free

2. sarahspradlin profile image95
    sarahspradlinposted 4 weeks ago
  3. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 4 weeks ago

Thanks everyone.

4. tritrain profile image83
    tritrainposted 4 weeks ago

I don't know if this is reliable, but Qwant (the search engine) lists images that have been designated commercially free to use.  It's Qwant.com, popular in Europe, they say.  Google had (had?) something similar too.  I still list the source.  Also, any US government site and wikia are all royalty free, etc.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

A lot of the images on Wikimedia/Wikipedia are Creative Commons, not public domain - which means you need to credit the photographer. Make sure you follow the instructions next to the photo.

5. getmohsinpy profile image72
    getmohsinpyposted 4 weeks ago
  6. getmohsinpy profile image72
    getmohsinpyposted 4 weeks ago

@tritrain Qwant is cool. Thank you for sharing smile Are sure they show 100% copyright free images?

7. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 4 weeks ago

You can go to Google and click on images and search by keyword.  You can filter your search results to photos you can "share, even commercially" by going to Settings, clicking on advanced search, and resetting the license.   You can click on the photo to get the credit, license info, and a link to the original page.  Another option is to go to Wikimedia Commons.

8. Carola Finch profile image98

It is my understanding that you now always need to credit the photographer and provide a link to the original source on HubPages these days.

9. Carola Finch profile image98

Flickr is another option, but you need to always check if it is available and make sure to credit the source.  Another publisher I used to work work required that the user name of the photographer as well as Flickr should be included in credit.

10. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

If you look at Flickr's rules, crediting the photographer is a requirement

working