I QUIT!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 70 discussions (124 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I wish all of the best to everyone who is continuing on the hubchallenge journey, as for myself I have a lot on my plate and prefer to read and visit other hubs as well as write. I am not a party pooper I just need normalcy as I did go bananas. Ignoring other writers to pump out hubs is not what I want to do, although it sounded great I found that my passion for writing far outweighs a challenge. So again to those who are doing it I support you 110% good luck and all of the best!!!

1. Paper Moon profile image78
      Paper Moonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was impressed with the quality even though you were pumping them out.  Love your writing.  (and I hope my last hub did not scare you)

2. mandybeau profile image58
      mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Looks like I'm a coming down from my high perch in the Hubbers Forum.
      I think its just not good for creativity of any kind to push to much stuff through.
      You tried.
      Better to have tried etc etc.

Her stuff was plenty creative.  Just sometimes people would enjoy doing other things.

3. getpaidtopost profile image40
      getpaidtopostposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I 100% agree comments are not being left and forum posts also are not being answered as the majority of people are creating hubs for the hub challenge. Challenges like this could damage community moral. I for one have not participated in the hub challenge.

4. profile image0
      Feline Prophetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, so you have time for lunch now I presume? tongue

5. Raven King profile image59
      Raven Kingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well spoken! I am on a break and I think it is a nice time to reflect and read fellow hubber's writings.

6. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Its always great to read fellow hubbers..err..hubs. If you've too much on your list of daily things, I can understand you bowing out. Me...I'm on break. smile

And good luck to the rest of you, as well, who are working hard!

Read AEvans stuff. She rox0rz.

2. profile image0
    fierycjposted 15 years ago

Goodbye Aevans. I would say, doing hubpages for two years is a long time for a writer. You're a vet.

AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am not quitting hubpages I am resigning from the challenge I am still here, no worries and 2 years is a long time so I am not going anywhere in that respect.smile

3. My Inner Jew profile image62
    My Inner Jewposted 15 years ago

Amen!  I hear you...I found to really have a good article, I needed to spend time writing and editing.  And i prefer to write because I am inspired, rather than i have to write.

4. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Julianna, are you the first casualty?

5. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

No, Misha smile there were couple others that withdrew from the Challenge. It is hard keeping up with just reading the new Hubs lol I still commend you AEvans and you still goin have awesome Hubs girly. Hugz! smile

6. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

I wish I could quit it too! I think others quit as well but they're not as brave to say it out loud.

I am brave and bold and you are not going to quit, I am only quitting the challenge and I won't allow you to leave if I am here you are here. big_smile

1. goldentoad profile image60
        goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

don't worry babe, we're stuck no matter what twilight zone we're in.

Welcome to the twilight zone, where hubbers can't figure out what they are saying and someone thinks your someone else, comments are "great hub", as people breeze by making you think they are reading what you write. lololol big_smile

yeah, somewhere we took a wrong turn, the map back home was already used for toilet paper and now we can only rely on our spidey senses to get outta here

Lead the way, I am right behind you. big_smile

we walk side by side, its safer that way, I occasionally fart.

I will bring the spray because I only toot!!! LOLOLO big_smile

2. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LMAO dear  GT what are you trying to quit???....Weed?.....Yes with all my commitments I have to quit too.I don't even have time to paint my toe-nails these days or floss my teeth...then there is the walk to grab the TV remotes....oh a woman's work is never done.I say who is passing wind in this forum,hold on while I open the window...this is a toxic enviroment.
      On a serious note...AE...I understand completely. Love ya bud.(hugs)

Ha! No, I wish I would've joined the challenge so that I could have quit. I would never give up the weed. I never floss anyways. Toe nails, those haven't been clipped since the challenge began, I don't bother, they eventually break off.

1. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO GT yes my toe-nails have a tendency to snap off, I am always losing my clippers.Sorry I took so long I was just getting a Bourbon all this excitement drives me to drink smile smile smile smile smileP.s thank god it is not the weed.

not to mention toe nails are good self defense when the wife wants to do it and i don't. I can claw my way out of it.

3. profile image0
      Iphigeniaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I quit the challenge last week - didn't announce it here but on one of GT's hub.

I began to feel a change in the spirit of this place - but then a particularly fawning comment on one of my fairly mediocre chellenge hubs made me realise that it the hub challenge just so fecking wrong.

I will be back - and my republish some of the hubs that unpublished - and I hope that things settle down and return to normal.

1. blondepoet profile image68

I totally agree with what you are saying about the atmosphere and I don't think of you any less for ending it.I admire that you and AE came out and said something

4. Teresa McGurk profile image60
      Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I quit!  I done quitted after three hubs! Here's my official quit notice!

Good for you!!! I believe my number was a total of #9 smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image57

It is a challenge of a lifetime I bet GT hmm but you are doing fantastically smile I keep tryin to keep up but am falling behind in my reading tongue lol

Sadly, I can think of a zillion things I would rather do in my life than take the hubchallenge. In fact I would rather wash my toilet than try to do a singular hub for this hubchallenge. And everyone knows how I abuse my toilet.

8. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Guess what - massive dropouts do not surprise me. People here are a quality bunch, not quantity smile

Yet I see GT doubled his quantities - this looks impressive! tongue

9. Dame Scribe profile image57

I love the postings n the tweeting goin on big_smile lol

10. goldentoad profile image60

Yes, I am doing quite well, I brought out an old ass hub and the last one I posted. Success is what I am about.

I agree Misha people around here a quality bunch, no need to give up the only thing separating it from other places I've recently looked at. I hope those scared to say anything or feel they have to do this can see they don't. I just want to go back to normal times when I can read everyone just once a day, or once a week. I feel its like I have to read the morning movement after breakfast, then the movement after lunch, and the final clearing after dinner.

11. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

I will be able to read hubs normally when this is over, I can't keep up with reading my fan's hubs at the moment.

me neither and thats what bother me the most.

12. Dame Scribe profile image57

Too funny lol Challengers can't keep up with the fans n the fans can't keep up with the Challengers lol lol

13. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I think I'm lucky writing isn't my passion - sometimes I just have to publish something - like the one I just published about online reputations - but mainly I have no problem about writing as a journalist to a deadline - or sub-contracting the writing out

You are one of the elite and I admire you for that.smile

14. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Your not a quitter, AE. You're a winner for casting aside the silly thing!

Thanks Christoph and I feel much better. smile

15. Dame Scribe profile image57

I feel great pride in our challengers and their work smile we will all be able gather together once again once its June 1 tongue I will do me best to keep up with the reading n love the posts you challengers sharing between you lol

16. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 15 years ago

I thought it was....write dirty hubs in thirty days....I'm not buying glasses at Big Lots anymore! AEvans....you're a wonderful writer...that's what counts!  smile

You are too!!! I feel normal again thank goodness I am walking in the real world just like jewels said. smile

17. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

Welcome back to the real world where insanity is at an acceptable level. smile

18. Dame Scribe profile image57

I was taught that ...uhh...fart..toot...was ... passing wind hmm n other times...talkin dirty tongue not sure which to prefer lol lol n you are free to do so jus long as I am not in line of fire, k tongue

You are so silly my girlfriends say that vapor, but me I toot!! We will make certain that you are not in the line of fire. lololo big_smile

2. Paper Moon profile image78

Don’t they call it cracking the cheese in the great white north?

19. Christoph Reilly profile image69

I might quit NOT writing for hubpages while the challenge is going on. It's difficult not to publish something good, but you know it will be washed away. Maybe it's time people realized the challenge we have been doing ever since they started theirs!

So take that!

Hey, you know I once got fired from a dairy company for cutting the cheese.

20. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 15 years ago

LMAO GT yes I use mine in self defence....if I am on a date and don't like the fella, I scrape my toenails on his back when he is not looking and yell, "Hell there is a damn cat in here". Jump up and down a few times, start scratching like crazy, (Acting skills kick in), pretend I am allergic to cats, by then he is already on his way home, while I put my feet up and turn on the telly. C.C was the foot man, but alas he is not here.
    LMAO hey Christoph I heard along the grape-vine you are a stripper. Can you give us a demo ??? Haha a dairy company.....I got fired from picking tomatoes, you are supposed to pick them when they are red, but I kept picking the green ones as I am colour blind.

If CR is a stripper, I want that video too!

21. Christoph Reilly profile image69

Damn that grapevine!  Curses!

Hey, then there was the time I was fired from the bread company...I pinched a loaf.

22. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO yeah come on Christoph, don't be shy now, we are all adults here, you can run but you can't hide. You distinctly said before you are a stripper,I have the Stripper assessment book here, ready to go, I got Seany B's "Flaunt It", going full blast, yes it is either now or video. ....sad sad sad sad sad

23. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO I got fired from a volunteer job just because I was in no condition to work there.I only had 15 days off, where is the compassion ??? Avoiding the topic CR mmmmm, if he doesn't do something soon GT, the floor is all yours. I bet you are good at shaking your groove.
    Maybe CR is busy putting his costume on......

24. Christoph Reilly profile image69

Can't GT and I do a duet?  I'm kinda shy.

you lead.

25. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

None of us are quitters we are the elite, the hubforces special squad, we are here until the end, we shall support the challengers who produce good shit and say fuck off to those who produce bad shit.  And we shall support each other.  okay, need a drink now after all that support!

I'm a quitter but not on my drink, so let's toast.

26. blondepoet profile image68

Woooo hooooooo Cindy fancy you turning up when you heard the word strip. You are just in time to see the floor-show GT and CR are about to strip. Oh my cheeks are burning with the excitement of it all. I think I am going to pass out....this is going to be one hot show...keep the shades on while you perform GT, very sexy...Let's put our feet up Cindy....ok let's go....

I'm keeping my socks on.

27. blondepoet profile image68

Ok a video will suffice please forward it to my email with URGENT written on the subject.I shall be very patient and only check my email every three minutes....

to hell with the email.  it needs to go out on the world wide web.  Put it on youtube so I can post it on my hub!  Marketing baby.

28. blondepoet profile image68

Ok socks can stay on as long as everything else comes off. That is fine with me. I am adaptable...

flexible too?

29. blondepoet profile image68

Oh great idea Paper Moon I second that motion, but I still want the original.....you know for professional reasons of course.

30. Christoph Reilly profile image69

Can I keep my cartoon body on?

31. blondepoet profile image68

Hahah CR would prefer the real flesh for editing purposes of course. I would like you to re-enact the scene form the Full Monty when that hunky guy is auditioning...
    GT I would like you to do that scene from Risky Business, when Tom Cruise comes out in his shirt and socks in the corridor and pretends to sing with the guitar, you know the one.
    Perfect it is settled.
    Oh the joy of show-biz. This is going to blow u tube up with the heat.

Oh I got that one down already, throw on the seger but I don't got the tighty whities, boxers acceptable?

32. blondepoet profile image68

Boxers are fine anything you put on will surely sizzle GT

I got my mickey mouse boxers on, not as sexy as my bat man ones

33. Christoph Reilly profile image69

Ok..You ready?  Cameras rolling?  Ok....Hit it!

Bah dah dah DAH! (I'm wearing tight black leather pants and a matching leather vest. I am grinding my hips and flexing my muscle.)  Bah dah dah DAH!  (Suddenly, I rip the vest off.  The crowd screams.) Bah dah dah DAH!  (I'm moving seductively toward BP.)  Bah dah dah DAH!  (I spin around and shake my tushy at the crowd of screaming women.  They are beside themselves.) Bah dah dah DAH! (I spin back around and suddenly...rip my pants off revealing a sequined thong which sparkles in the bright lights, hence the name, Sparkles. Many women scream and faint.) Bah dah dah DAH! I move towards BP, moving my hips in a slow, suggestive circle. Beads of sweat glisten on my brow and chest.) Bah dah dah DAH! (I glide into BP's lap and writhe around. I then pull the stap of my thong and BP slips a 100 dollar bill {American!]into my thong.)  I stand up and quickly make my way through the crowd of screaming, fawning, pawing women, losing my thong somewhere along the way, into the dressing room. The crowd erupts into thunderous applause.  Another show...another dollar. I see BP has slipped me her phone number into...into my...well, lets just say I have her phone number.

I can only stand in the shadows with a half eaten bag of cheetos. I ain't following that.Those women look hungry out there.

34. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO GT for a guy you sure are taking awhile to get ready. As a professional casting agent like myself, I think you need to send me a picture with both boxers on I am having a real hard time here deciding...mickey mm....batman...mickey..batman..mickey..I need front view..back-view pics....even your Spiderman ones would go with your hair I think...

35. blondepoet profile image68

Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo CR..........I passed put....smelling salts quick quick..........omg........I thought you went to prepare for.....omg...that was damn hot.........LMAO hell you did that so professional yes I can honestly say you are a man who knows what he was doing....mmmm..am writing notes in my Assessment book...have the fan on full speed.......can someone hold my hand while I write...they are shaking......oh bravo bravoooooooooo

36. blondepoet profile image68

See GT that is how it is done. Omg still with GT left omg this is going to kill me..yes come on finish me off here...just have an ambulance standing by........

37. Christoph Reilly profile image69

Ok. I'm worn out so off to bed I go. A male stripper needs his beauty rest, you know.  Besides, I've already seen GT's routine.  He does this standing on his hands thing..Awesome.

38. blondepoet profile image68

Thanks soo much CR you were brilliant just amazing I am just barely hanging on. Never thought I would have this much excitement in one day. If you never see me again you will know GT has posted his video to me and that it sent me off the edge and I am dead. But know this I died with a huge smile on my face. Good night sex-pot, that was just dandy.(Hugs)

39. goldentoad profile image60

I'm going to hang out back stage and do some more push ups and sit-ups before I come out. CR is always just too good.

40. blondepoet profile image68

I tell you GT you are going to kill me,utterly, totally, but what a way to go...I never thought when I woke this morning I would be sitting here amidst this spectacular floor show. Aghhhhhhhhh. May-be u better take the shades off before you do your routine or you will kill me ten times faster.Omg my bourbon bottle is nearly empty,amidst all this excitement.

41. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Male strippers???  What have I been missing??????

42. blondepoet profile image68

hey Anna how the heck are you? Wow you missed CR's fantastic floor show and I have been sitting here waiting for GT to do his thing but he is having trouble deciding what to wear. Maybe you have some advice for him, taking into account his complexion and all that.

43. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74

I have been slacking, haven't I?? I forgot I was supposed to do all GT's thinking for him.  Ummmm...maybe something in a deep blue???

44. blondepoet profile image68

Plus GT has his own video out called "GT Does The Full Monty", you can order a copy here for $10.00 AU....

45. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74

Hmmmm...is there anywhere I can view a sample of it for free??  I want to make sure I get my money's worth.

46. blondepoet profile image68

Yes I was thinking blue......mmm.....two great minds think alike.

47. blondepoet profile image68

I am sure GT can email you a preview from the kindness of his heart. Damn I have to leave now, please post me and Anna the preview GT, I shall await it with anticipation. Take care guys, that was super fun. (hugs)x0

48. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74

Yeah, I should be in bed...but think i will stick around for a while.  Good afternoon??

49. goldentoad profile image60

I think the weed I smoked is way too strong as I can't seem to get up from the couch backstage and I am hoping for some more cheetos.

50. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO just popped in to say you must entertain Anna, GT while I am gone, she made a special trip to see u get it off lol. She is on the list for your video too. Love ya guys byeeeeeee.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)