jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

She died today and she is a centurian.

1. accofranco profile image74
    accofrancoposted 8 years ago

My maternal Grandma just passed on today! She died at the age of 103 years,no sickness until her death,she is a centurian, glory be to God!

2. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 8 years ago

Wow, what a blessing she was able to live so long, great inspiration to us all.

accofrancoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thanks! She really spent her time on Earth preciously.

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

Sorry for your loss. My grandmother lived well in to her old age too, I miss her.

So painful, i have no other grandparent left, they're all gone.

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Mine too. I lost my beautiful daughter inlaw, the mother of mygrandson just a while ago and felt a lot of grief as she was wonderful and young. What has comforted me, is to think about her a lot. Especially the good things she did. I try to live those nice things for her. It helps me to feel ok some how. Whatever you do, be kind to yourself. My very best wishes at this dark time in your life.

May the Almighty God bless you and your family always, and may sorrow depart from you this season?

4. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 8 years ago

I'm so sorry-I know how hard it is to lose a beloved grandmother...

What a long, and probably very interesting life she must have led, though...

Do you have any stories to tell about her?  When my grandmother past away, talking about her helped me more than anything.

She is always advicing my parents not to let me study abroad,she said she want me closer to her always, so if i travel, i would hardly remember her again,and now she's gone!

5. accofranco profile image74

She also told me to avoid being promiscious,drunk,high with opium,canabies,cocaine,etc. She advised me to always pray,be honest and outspoken even when everyone is against me,as far as i am on the truth lane,not to cheat others,not to envy,to always help the poor and needy and never to date a married woman.

6. accofranco profile image74

She loved America and England so much, but she never wanted me to travel there so that i can be closer to her.

7. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

Wow, 103, that's fantastic!  For my 100th hub, I wrote about "Centenarian's-Living to 100 and Beyond".  Some of you might enjoy it.  I found some stats on it.

i did read the hub earlier before now, it was cool.

8. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Sorry to read of your loss.  How fortunate you were to have her for so long.  I never met either of my grandmothers.

I am sorry about that,anyway thanks for your sympathy.

9. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

My sympathies, Acco, but I do hope she was a centenarian rather than a centurion.  That would be a tough job.

10. LondonGirl profile image88
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thanks LG.

working