Is your traffic nosediving?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

Wow....this weekend has been so slow. No amazon sales and only a few bucks from adsense. My traffic is down about 35%. Before this weekend, I had very steady traffic that rarely fluctuated (except on and around the 4th). Luckily, I had some high earning days earlier on the month so I'm still on track for my goal of earning $200 this month.

I know this is a popular vacation time for many, so perhaps this is a factor.

Anyone else experiencing less traffic? I'm not terribly concerned, but it'd be nice to know that I'm not alone! lol

1. Fiction Teller profile image61
      Fiction Tellerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're not alone.  It's been super slow for me, too, starting Thursday...the slowest traffic days since July 4.

2. dawei888 profile image60
      dawei888posted 15 years agoin reply to this

My page views tanked over the past few days - maybe need to go thru and add some more content to my hubs. that's an incredible pain in the neck and i'm WAY to LAZY to be bothered w/that...

3. gamergirl profile image89
      gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I know that on my end, as today is another $5 day for me with a lot fewer page impressions, that perhaps the lower traffic but higher clicks means my traffic today has been pretty good as far as quality is concerned.

If these five dollar days keep up, I'll hit payout this month alone, which would be super. big_smile

4. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I noticed so many blue triangles this weekend, i was so alarmed. Feel a bit better now, considering the fact that others have noticed this too. PHEW!!!

2. SweetiePie profile image79
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Some Saturdays my traffic takes a nose dive, but then picks back up on Monday.  I know a lot of people are going camping over the weekend, so maybe try writing some hubs on this theme.  I notice my traffic on those hubs does pretty well during the summer months.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol I wish I could, but I have only been camping twice in my life. The first time was with girl scouts and we all went to Virginia. Our goal was to camp for a week. After two nights, the leaders decided that enough was enough and we all stayed with one of the girl's grandmothers. LOL

The second time was in a traditional tent, but it was parked next to a rented RV and I didn't have to worry about using a public shower or toilet. I ended up sleeping inside the RV, anyways because sleeping in a tent creeped me out.

I know so many people that LOVE camping but I've never been able to really enjoy it. lol I always decline camping invitations but perhaps I should say 'yes' to the next one and give it a go. It could make for a good hub...lol

1. SweetiePie profile image79
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do not like camping either, which is why I wrote the bear hub smile.

2. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is a great reason to write seasonal hubpages that fit in when there are traffic lulls or potential ones anyway, try and write ones for the main holidays of the year, that's what I intend to do more of.

1. SweetiePie profile image79
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am getting ready to write more hubs about recreation in the mountains.  A good topic might be what not to do when hiking, swimming, or fishing.  I am thinking about this because my sister was upset to see some dare devil guy jump off a high cliff into a creek, but he hit is back on the rocks instead.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 15 years ago

I don't know much about hub traffic but traffic on my sites is always much less on weekends than on weekdays.

4. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 15 years ago

It has been very slow the past several days. In fact, yesterday was a total bomb...... Pride Day was held here in San Diego yesterday. The parade was long and slow as usual but nearly 150,000 people came out to celebrate our 35th parade march...

5. BristolBoy profile image64
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

Traffic is doing quite well for myself.  However, I am rare in that I do not generally experience the dip that others do over the weekend.  However, whilst traffic from Google.co.uk is very good, the traffic from Google.com has seemed to have fallen since Friday.

6. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 15 years ago

That's the good thing about not getting any traffic at all: it can't drop! smile

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

Good to know that others are experiencing the same thing. Historically, my highest earning days have been on weekend days (although not every weekend). My traffic usually stays about the same but is always highest on Monday/Tuesday.

8. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 15 years ago

I've seen a bit of a slowdown, but I'm not surprised. The last few days have probably been the most beautiful that the East Coast has experienced all summer. I think everyone decided to head for the beach before the rain starts back up! smile

1. profile image0

Very true! smile I would totally be at the beach today but I am having to wear my glasses which are a VERY old prescription and there is no way I can drive with them. lol (long story re: contacts)

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 15 years ago

My view numbers began plunging Friday, continued Saturday, and now seem to have bottomed out (like the politicians say about the overall economy) at about HALF of what they were running through the earlier part of the week.

10. Tyson Ellis profile image40
    Tyson Ellisposted 15 years ago

My traffic always tanks over the weekend, and during the summer in relation to the rest of the year.

11. Rik Ravado profile image84
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

Yes my traffic tends to dip at the weekend and this weekend is no different - mine is creeping up again now though.

12. CMHypno profile image80
    CMHypnoposted 15 years ago

My traffic also seems to dip at the weekends.  In the UK we can't even say it's the glorious weather keeping everyone outdoors and away from their computer screens as the weather is dire!

13. Cam Anju profile image68
    Cam Anjuposted 15 years ago

Majorly lol... my stats have been very low compared to usual! tongue

14. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

I always see a dropoff on Weekends.  It picks up Sunday evening and Monday and Tuesdays are my highest traffic days.

15. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 15 years ago

You would think there would be more traffic on Weekends when most people arent at work.

1. profile image0

That's what I thought, too! In the past, weekends have been pretty good for me (not for all topics, of course)

Overall, I think a lot of employees surf the web at work! lol Monday/Tuesday are always awesome earning days for certain topics.

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh Id get in trouble if i was caught at work. lol

16. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 15 years ago

Traffic this weekend has been terrible!

17. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

Yes, I've noticed a huge slowdown lately.

18. kerryg profile image81
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

My traffic is fairly normal weekend level traffic for me, but I agree with what some others have said. The weather here (US Midwest) has been unbelievably gorgeous for this time of year the last few days and I'm sure a lot of people are outside enjoying it instead of playing with computers. I know I have been! smile

19. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Maybe write a Hub before or on them slow days hmm helps keep traffic steady. smile jus a thought.

20. Silver Rose profile image66
    Silver Roseposted 15 years ago

I thought it was just me!

Traffic from Yahoo is the same as ever (good old steady Yahoo). Google.com is down by quite a bit though.

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Didn't I read somewhere recently that Google was making changes -- yet again -- in some of their algorithms? Have you guys checked to see if your hubs are still ranking the same?

21. lindagoffigan profile image58
    lindagoffiganposted 15 years ago

I have noticed that after a Hub maintenance there is a drop in Google adsense earnings.  I have grown accustomed to the dip in traffic on holidays and weekends.  So instead of expecting to earn, I optimize existing hubs and vow to keep writing relevant content to get the earnings back up.

22. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 15 years ago

I don't have all that much traffic to begin with compared to some of the other numbers that I have seen.  I have actually had my best day today so far with most going to one hub in particular.  Don't have much Adsense and never had an Amazon sale yet, so I haven't noticed anything with those.

23. relache profile image68
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Oh for goodness sakes, people... wake up and take a look at your neighbors.  Are they all sitting at home in front of their computers shopping?  Are you?

No, it's the middle of summer for the Northern Hemisphere and a significant amount of people are running around outside (especially on weekends) or taking vacations. 

Mid-July and August is the traditional time for Americans to take their largest chunks of vacation time.  Kids are out of school.  College is not in session.  In my decade of working online I've seen a pattern that repeats every year without fail:  from now thru Labor Day weekend is the slowest time of year.

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Relache, I've been reading your posts for some time, and I think you have a likable person in there somewhere. But (and forgive me because I'm relatively new and everything) quite often you come off as the school hall monitor knocking back the insurgents that violate any of the headmaster's rules. I, for one, would love to see you engage in a conversation with us, rather than tell us what's "right" or what's "wrong". Many times we ask for your expertise -- not a lecture. And what appears obvious to you may not be obvious to us. And that doesn't mean that we're stupid or lazy. Well, at least not all of us.

I know you've been here for a while and we're new at it, but please have patience with us. At one point, you were new at this too. I really, honestly believe that at least some of us are worth knowing. And I really do believe that you are too.

24. 3bagsfull profile image65
    3bagsfullposted 15 years ago

I think I read somewhere that most traffic is high on monday/tuesday as people get back to their work desks and have internet access (again) and have constant access. it drops as the week goes on

and the summers get everyone out and about and until we all have access on our hips with our cellphones, etc it will most likely remain that way

why be on the net when you could be outside getting a tan by the pool smile

25. profile image0
    Janettaposted 15 years ago

my traffic has levelled off but my comments have nosedived. nose dove? lol anyway...brings up something i've been wondering--
    Y aren't readers commenting anymore??

26. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 15 years ago

It was indeed a slow Saturday sad

27. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 15 years ago

Hi everyone, so what was everyone doing at the weekend instead of viewing hub pages do you think????

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Watching the British Open Golf smile

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mailed you? Did you get it?

3. BristolBoy profile image64
      BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Watching the Ashes!

1. LondonGirl profile image79
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto! Having fun?

28. SweetiePie profile image79
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I work over the weekend, which is something I love to do.  During the week I am off when many people are at work, which gives me time to work online smile.

29. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

My hub views have turned up again after sagging for a week, I have no idea why.

30. profile image0

no will go and check now thanks

31. profile image0

nope did not get through can u try again....

it is really sunny here today, traffic willprobably go up for everyone today hope so.

1. profile image0

I forwarded it again. Its the Mobile email.

2. profile image0

I forwarded it again. Its the Mobile email.

32. martinrocks_88 profile image60
    martinrocks_88posted 15 years ago

my traffic is also very low...and its very irritating to see those blue triangles everyday....and if i don't login to hubpages even for a single day,my traffic goes down....what to do?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)