First payout a month ago - second payout this month

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (34 posts)
  1. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

It really does take off. I got my first adsense payout at the end of June, and I've just hit the £60 mark for July, so another payout this month.

That's not all hubs, because I set up my own blog a month ago, but hubs is most of it.

1. currieemily75 profile image61
      currieemily75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi London Girl, I'm brand new to hubbing.  I just joined a few days ago.  I was wondering how the payout thing worked?  I stumbled upon Hub Pages and just started writing because I like to write, then I found out people get paid.  I thought, COOL!  I'll have to check out some of your hubs.

Take care.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

That's excellent. It's good to hear that your blog is doing well too.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Nice!  Yes, it's absolutely true that once the earnings start coming in, they rapidly snowball!

4. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

A big congrats to you.  I remember waiting and waiting for my first payout with Adsense.  I would check every 15 minutes when I was getting close.

It's a special feeling to be able to say you earned real, legit cash online.

I hope it continues to grow for you

Dale

5. LondonGirl profile image80

Thanks all - it's very exciting lol.

6. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, it must be a great feeling to know that all your hard work has resulted in a financial reward.  Hope the cash snowball just keeps rolling and getting bigger! smile

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

That's great.

If I don't count earnings from my sites, I will reach the payout till 1030.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What calendar are you using?

(Congratulations LondonGirl!)

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually Ultimate, that's not true.  Let me guess - you've earned $1 so far?  That's about what I'd earned by the end of 3 weeks.

My earnings from HubPages alone is now nearly $800.  Not bad for only 75 Hubs!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea something like $1. In fact less than that. Ok, I got your point, your comment proved to be quite encouraging.

8. Karen Banes profile image70
    Karen Banesposted 14 years ago

Congratulations LondonGirl. I think the main qualities needed to make money hubbing (after writing talent) are patience and the willingness to stick at it. It can seem like it's taking forever to get that first payout and it's easy to get sidetracked by other things. But like everything else online, once you start to get results it becomes easier to persevere.

9. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Well done, and very well deserved. Your research (thinking about some of your London hubs) is of the highest quality.

10. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Nice for you.  Congratulations.   You seem to be yet another one who took in the area of eight/nine months to start seeing some "real results".  Some people have different results because they approach things differently (more zealously when it comes to thinking about promoting/marketing), but that eight-/nine-month thing does to be kind of it for a lot of people.

11. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congrats, London Girl!  I hit the first $100 about a week ago, so I hope to see my first payout the end of August.  We'll see how long it takes to get the second one.

12. anjalichugh profile image69
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

Congratulations LG. I've still not reached the 1st payout stage. smile

13. dannyb1974 profile image56
    dannyb1974posted 14 years ago

wow payouts
    cant be bad

would not mind a bit of that - but you all have so many hubs running. I need to crack on
    danny

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A great way to boost your earnings is to join the HubChallenge. We've just started one, even though it will be ongoing, it's a great time to get motivated to write 30 hubs in 30 days.

14. embitca profile image85
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Londongirl! It really is surprising how much faster the next payout rolls around once the ball starts rolling.

15. LondonGirl profile image80

Thanks all! It's rather nice (-:

IN response to Lisa, I joined hubpages a while ago, and wrote one hub, then didn't start writing or participating, really, until just before Christmas. So it was 6 months to my first payout, 7 to my second, really.

16. bigmikeh profile image68
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Congratulations - from one UK hubber to another. A question for you. Do you bother much with keyword research or just write quality hubs from the heart about subjects you know? And let the revenue take care of itself.

1. Ambition profile image60
      Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No need to bother for keywords. a quality article already has required keywords but you need to choose the right topic so that you get high $ per 1 click.

17. Be Successful profile image40
    Be Successfulposted 14 years ago

Congratulations London Girl - I havent hit the payout yet but am sticking at it.

All the best

Rach

18. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Congratulations London Girl.  You are another example of patience and persistence.  I wish you many more pay-outs in the future.

19. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Wow this is great news, gud to know the progress. Cheers for many more in lesser time. This sharing of news gives inspiration and to hang in there till we get our first cheque. Thanx for sharing so where is the party?

20. LondonGirl profile image80

A bit of both, really.

I don't choose topics on the basis of keywords, etc. I write about things I find interesting, that I want to write about.

Once I've written a hub, though, I do check keywords around my subject, and if there is a phrase with a high value that is relevant to my hub and won't be clunky, then I stick that in.

1. bigmikeh profile image68
      bigmikehposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me. Write from the heart and optimise it afterwards.

LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Works for me!

21. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

This is really interesting LG.  My second payment came after 5 months and my 3rd, 3 months but I'm now looking at my 4th payment either in 2 months or possibly one month.

My earnings are increasing very rapidly at present but most of my earnings come from referral hubs (via my tracker) so it is difficult to analyse where the money is coming from.

The obvious reason for your success is simply quality.  You honestly write about what interests you and SEO, keywords etc. are obviously of secondary importance.  This just reinforces the corny old cliche that 'content is king'!  Well done LG - I shall learn from your success!

PS: All this reinforces the fact that HubPages is a great writing and earnings platform (but not a get rich quick scheme for people who can't write!)

LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's very kind of you, thanks. I do pay a bit of attention to keywords, after I've finished writing, but not in picking my subjects or writing the hubs.

Well done on your payouts, too!

22. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Comgrats LG! You totally deserve it and so much more. smile

23. LondonGirl profile image80

Thanks Pam! Of course, Sod's Law has come into play, and the last couple of days have been 50p or less a day, but hey! my 2nd payout's still on its way (-:

24. LondonGirl profile image80

Hi - by payout, I mean from google adsense. It has a threshold - you only get paid if and when your total earnings reach a certain level. For me, in the UK, the level is £60. In the USA, it's $100.

25. noenhulk profile image60
    noenhulkposted 9 years ago

Congrats LG! I am thinking to be active again. I envy all of you who are receiving payouts regularly, as monthly? I am hoping I could make it one day when I became active again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)