After 2 1/2 years here, I finally have made payout in one month!

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (43 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

I have worked really hard to improve and cull my articles for some time now, and finally...finally...I have made it to payout in one month!  This is without ad money...just the HP program!  What a great feeling!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Are you buying drinks?

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, very well done.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Millionaire:  Well, not yet.  This could be a one month phenomenon and then I'll have to go back to being depressed again lol!

2. profile image0
      mariexotoniposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!

3. Blond Logic profile image92
      Blond Logicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, I hope this is the first of many. Keep up the momentum.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I wish you all the best for future!

5. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's so awesome! Your hard work has really paid off. smile

6. knowledgesharing profile image60
      knowledgesharingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  I sincerely hope that this will be a beginning of a trend for you!

7. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's wonderful Timetraveller2. I know how you feel, and i'm so happy for you.
      Congratulations

8. ThelmaC profile image93
      ThelmaCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, you deserve it!  I enjoy reading your hubs.

9. Katrina1981 profile image61
      Katrina1981posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, hopefully I will be able to say that one day!

2. Lee Strong profile image60
    Lee Strongposted 9 years ago

Congratulations. I hope this is the first of many payouts for you.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

Great job! smile

4. Rebecca Furtado profile image61
    Rebecca Furtadoposted 9 years ago

I just hit my first payout for the hub profile. Um the other was beyond redemption. LOL I have six dollars on that one. It is a lot of work, but I love the publishing tools.I really need income so I hope it works out,but I have no idea about key words and stuff. Congrats.

Rebecca Furtado:  I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  What is "payout for the hub profile"?  What do you mean by "the other one and six dollars?".  You have totally lost me here.  If you are relatively new, be forewarned that it can take a long time to start earning here, and if you do want to earn, you need to learn a bit about SEO.  Writer Fox has a very good article on that.  Good luck.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm assuming this person has a second account and was referring to reaching their first payout on THIS profile.

That makes sense.  Thanks

1. Rebecca Furtado profile image61
            Rebecca Furtadoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep that is what I meant. I had a first account that never made much. I started a new account.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Sooooooooo happy for you, congrats to a really hard worker. You deserve it. smile

6. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

This is very good news.  May this be the first of many more to follow.  Good for you!

7. Treasuresofheaven profile image81
    Treasuresofheavenposted 9 years ago

Wonderful news.  I am so excited for you.  Keep up the great work - this is encouraging.

8. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

9. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

Congrats! May you see many more payouts here.

10. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Keep it up and it will become a routine months after months.

11. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  You'll probably see monthly payments rolling in regularly from now on - way to go smile

12. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 9 years ago

Congratulations...wishing you the same success next month!!

13. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! TIMETRAVELER on your achievement.

A big thank you to everybody who has commented here.  One of the things I love most about this site is the support my fellow writers give me.  It is truly heartwarming.  Almost a year ago I took a very bad fall that caused four broken bones in my right wrist, and a major fracture in my right femur.  It was a dark time for me that left me home bound for a very long time.  Ironically, I was told that working on a computer would help to exercise and heal my right hand...and so I wrote...and wrote.  I'm doing much better now, but I will never forget the support I got from my friends here on HP.  The money, of course, is nice...but it will never replace the kindness I have found here.  Thank you.

14. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

I'm so happy for you, Timetraveler2. I myself have been here just a little under two years and haven't received a payout to date. It's been a lot of trial and error for me, and I have so many interests that it is hard to do niche writing. The capsules are great here.

May your success continue and grow!

Marie Flint  Writing here and doing it well is a learning curve.  It's a real can of worms.  I really think you should avoid writing about many things and stick to the few you really know a lot about and then write as much as you can about them.  It is very hard to do, but one thing I've learned that although I think I give good advice and know a lot about things, so do many other people!  Too much competition makes getting readers difficult...so it pays to place some limits on yourself.  Hope payout comes soon for you!

15. lbsf1 profile image81
    lbsf1posted 9 years ago

WOOOOOOO WELL DONE!!

Thats a brilliant achievement, lets hope your traffic continues to grow. smile

By your timescale that's only 2 years left for me then wink

16. Maggie.L profile image85
    Maggie.Lposted 9 years ago

Wow. Well done. What a fantastic achievement. I'm back after a two year break to give Hubpages another go and determined to stick with it this time. Hope your success continues to grow.

17. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 9 years ago

Due to the amazon capsules, this is the most I have ever made in a single month. Out of nowhere, I made $7 in one day off amazon smile Nowhere near making payout this month but we have both done so well smile

18. profile image0
    cjnileskiposted 9 years ago

Congradulations!!

19. profile image0
    itsevelynposted 9 years ago

congrats!! I opened a profile 10 months ago and it wasn't until a few days ago that I posted my first hub. I hope to be as successful as you.
    Cheers!

20. jamesmaina250 profile image44
    jamesmaina250posted 9 years ago

Hi, hope to get successful as you are. Kindly look at my recent hubs and give tips.

21. jamesmaina250 profile image44
    jamesmaina250posted 9 years ago

Is it possible to earn through the HP program without first being accepted into Google adsense?

22. noenhulk profile image59
    noenhulkposted 9 years ago

Wow! you must celebrate because that's your first. I am thinking of updating and being active again here. I've been inactive for I guess 2 years now and I was surprise too I have some earnings that will be reaching payment soon and just waiting to withdraw it anytime when I received it. Congratulations!

23. Glowfaerie profile image63
    Glowfaerieposted 9 years ago

Congrats! and thank you for sharing your positive news - it encourages the rest of us smile

24. Silva Hayes profile image78
    Silva Hayesposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, TIMETRAVELER2.  It is so rewarding once the money finally starts rolling in.  Once in awhile, I like to look at my balance history so that I can enjoy seeing the slow but steady improvement in monthly revenue.  Again, congratulations, you deserve it!

25. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 9 years ago

Congrats TimeTraveler2!  That has been a goal of mine since the beginning.  Still trying to achieve it.  Great to see so many Hubbers reaching new milestones!

26. Dana Tate profile image82
    Dana Tateposted 9 years ago

That's encouraging to hear congratulations.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)