jump to last post 1-34 of 34 discussions (34 posts)

Why did you choose your hubname?

1. Tom_Radford profile image60
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

Why did you choose your hubname?

I write hubs under my own name. For years anything I did on the net was under various pseudonyms and then one day someone said, surely your writing will be leant honesty and integrity if you use your own name? I don't know that it makes any difference to be honest, but I was wondering why you lot chose your particular names? Perhaps the ones you wanted weren't available? A school nickname? Something that describes your writing?

2. profile image0
    Worldwide Postsposted 7 years ago

hi there,

first reason is that I wanted my name to be the same as my blog's. Second reason is that what I write here makes part of my private life and interests, which I want to distinguish from my professional work

3. itsandreawilson profile image65
    itsandreawilsonposted 7 years ago

well, my reason is simple, it's got my name in it

4. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

first initial...Middle name, I never use my middle name for anything or ever write it out on paper or anything so I decided to put it to use and have it as my alter ego on my online blogs.

5. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

When selecting a name for internet use many moons ago I came up with this.  It's me, it's who I am.  It stuck, and I have used it ever since.

6. Porshadoxus profile image75
    Porshadoxusposted 7 years ago

I made up this name years ago for use in a tabletop RPG I was playing. Soon after, I entered the world of online RPGs and have used  it for 99% of the games I've played online. Just seemed natural to keep the persona here.

7. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

My username is a combination of my childhood nickname-Lorlie-and my favorite number-6!  Simple as that. 
    Sometimes I wish I had used my real name, however; I agree with you, Tom, I think an actual name lends credibility to a writer.

8. Twins Mum profile image69
    Twins Mumposted 7 years ago

I never even thought much about choosing a good hub name.  When I typed in Twins Mum I was on autopilot which suggests that I just put in what was most important about my identity at that moment.  That's who I am now, a mum of twins and I'm extremely proud of that!  I didn't even think of using my own name because I wasn't sure I wanted to be identifiable, or a nickname.  A lot of my hubs have been about pregnancy and babies so luckily it is related.

9. PMS9 profile image74
    PMS9posted 7 years ago

I always use same name in other places in Internet. Also, My user name defines my full name.

10. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

My Hubname is straight forward. Leaving behind my alcohol addiction and now living (the clean life) and darn proud of it!

11. nicehubs profile image39
    nicehubsposted 7 years ago

I like niceness and I am interested in different topics. The name nicehubs matches the purpose nicely.

12. Maria Cecilia profile image86
    Maria Ceciliaposted 7 years ago

I normally combined my name with my beloved dog in other network but here in hubpages, I decided to use my real first name, I don't know I seldom use my Cecilia name, but it gives me a good feeling... or for a change maybe

13. Windsweptplains profile image69
    Windsweptplainsposted 7 years ago

I live on the wind swept plains, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. It's my favorite place in the world, so I made it my username!

14. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years ago

It's my name.  I do it because I want people to be able to find my stuff when they Google it. I have a personal website that comes up first in  Google though.

15. evvy_09 profile image74
    evvy_09posted 7 years ago

Evvy is the name of a character from a story I'm slowly writing the 09 part  is just from the email address I created last year

16. SognoPiccolo profile image81
    SognoPiccoloposted 7 years ago

My name is Italian for Little Dream. I chose it because I'm Italian and wanted to connect deeper with that part of myself, and I chose "Little Dream" because I realized in order to fulfill my dreams I have to start small...Taking it one little dream at a time. Growing up writing was a passion and I lost that passion for it along the way and I am working my way back into loving it again.

17. profile image0
    888 authorposted 7 years ago

I made it up myself. When I open an account on another writing website, I use this name. When I close my account after lots of rejections and went to Hubpages, I kept this name. Now it's my Hubname and I love it.

18. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 7 years ago

I'm using my real name I don't have anything to hide and no cut cards.

19. profile image70
    Bitten Onceposted 7 years ago

Well my hub user name was chosen out of experiences i have had in life generally, so i decided to say that i have been "bitten once" trying not to be bitten twice.

20. MrKnowledge profile image60
    MrKnowledgeposted 7 years ago

I chose my name because I thought it was nifty. I put my real name on my profile, not afraid to show it, I just like the uniqueness.

21. profile image0
    TilenHrovaticposted 7 years ago

My hubname is my real name. I don't really have a nickname.

22. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

To begin with, I must say that I believe names are nothing but labels/tags and I do not give much importance to them. I did not chose this nick-name, it was given to me many years ago. I have many labels actually (which people give me for whatever reason(s) they have) and I just chose one of them which happened to be this one.

23. sharon e dix profile image57
    sharon e dixposted 7 years ago

Why did I choose my hub name? Because like you my new friend I felt like to be  honest in a dishonest world was a big plus. thanks for making me think , Sharon e Dix

24. profile image0
    images99posted 7 years ago

I use combination of my work and my nick name, actually my real name sounded like a hub name to some so I deleted my a/c and created another account.

25. profile image0
    TheSablirabposted 7 years ago

It's from my favorite book series, The Old Kingdom; it's a trilogy, with the books titled SABriel, LIrial, ABhorsen. The capitalized letters being the ones included in my name. Cheesy, but it's what I love.

26. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

I have a dark horse I used to write way back in Asia where I grew up, Love that horse. prettydarkhorse.

27. Purple Perl profile image58
    Purple Perlposted 7 years ago

Love the color purple, but while searching for a good image for my hub name, saw the pic of purple pearls-edited it to my liking, and gave myself the name Purple Perl(not pearl). I felt it symbolizes elegance, beauty, quiet confidence and royalty.

28. Winterfate profile image96
    Winterfateposted 7 years ago

Well my username has a bit of a long story associated with it. Long story short, the Winterfate is a sword in a story that's been in my head for the better part of a decade. As the name implies, it is made of pure ice. And, I dunno, it just has a nice ring to it. smile

So, I use it nearly everywhere I go (but not every Winterfate you meet on the net is me either; confusing, ain't it? tongue).

29. profile image0
    Listerinoposted 7 years ago

Mine is just a high school nickname that stuck and I use it for my internet nickname since it's unique and I don't have to try hundreds of names before I find one that's available.

30. MegMars profile image51
    MegMarsposted 7 years ago

I chose my hub name by thins: One my name is meg and two Mars is what my last name would be if I was a rockstar! So If you ever hear Meg Mars on the radio one day, thats me!!!

31. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 7 years ago

Bailey is my dog's name, and we often nickname him Baileybear.  I wanted a pen-name, because I write about very personal themes (and didn't want people from work etc looking me up)

32. shynsly profile image58
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Cuz it's on my license plate. And it fits... I sincerely am "shy" in person... but also pretty "sly"...

33. profile image0
    DoItForHerposted 6 years ago

I'm doing Hubpages primarily for my daughter, hence my user name. My name is on my profile, though, so it isn't a secret. Besides, Willie Thornley is a good name, but it doesn't compare to "James Bond".

34. Pikachusif profile image68
    Pikachusifposted 6 years ago

I based my Hub name on what I'm interested in, and my actual name. I love Pokemon, so my first part is Pikachu. My name is Yusif, so I merged the two together and created Pikachusif.

That's just how I roll.

working