Cabin Girl Says Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine !

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (204 posts)
  1. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Over the last few weeks I have been totally amazed at some of the crap posted in these Forums. But you the Hubpages staff have let it go, the Panda Crap and other total shit !

But a silly argument in which myself and Cabin Girl got involved in and you ban Cabin Girl from the Forums. Well nice move as it deff kills off the double act but enjoy the moment because I intend to write just one more Hub then leave.

Yer 30 day challenge and making the Forums boring may be what you want but I just can't be restricted because I like having a laugh. Ok some will be glad to see me go, like I care but I have always wanted to to write about " Almost Famous "

Tomorrow my friends, then this Tiny Dancer is deff gone, I hate censorship in any form and I love my Cabin Girl !

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No reason to leave.  They'll let CG back in eventually.

2. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guess I wasn't privy to all that's gone down as I try to stay out of it all.  I do find it confusing how they decide who will be banned and who won't.  I've seen some DOOZERS of late.  Anyway, hope you're okay Badco and I'd be sad to see you go...

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want to take your ball and go home, that's your choice, so stop acting like someone's making you.

1. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Post the quote where I said someone was making me, and what ball ?

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh snap, you aren't really planning on leaving are you?

1. profile image50

Noooo this is last nights hub that I have already said sorry about, there is a follow up thread to this. Jeeeez just reading this back is deff an advert on why not to drink and Hub which I had already known.

2. profile image50

Not the point Ron. its the crap they have let go !

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they didn't let some crap go... fewer people would be here.
      Besides you and Cabin girl are one and the same aren't you? A lot of us have enjoyed both personas, but if ya gotta go. . . ya gotta. Cheers!

1. profile image50

Doncha just love meaningful comments !

1. Candie V profile image62
          Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*sniff sniff* what about my meaningful comment??? *sniff*

1. profile image50

I liked it, but tis the bores that get ya, like who names a kid Rochelle ??

Hey, who names a kid "Candie"??? lol!!!

2. goodfriendiam profile image58
          goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BC, I am really behind the times, for I knew not that CG was your alter ego, in the sense that this was you. Surprise, I like surprises..lol I thought she was your life mate. But any who, I see now why they banned CG, because CG (boy) is really a man, who threaten a girl. Is this correct? And if so, I have more understanding for their reasoning. In the USA, they do not take to men threatening woman lightly. For if she would have threatened you and then you threaten her then that would be another thing altogether. You know me I tell like it is.

2. wrenfrost56 profile image58
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Badcompany and cabin girl one and the same?

1. profile image50

Yes !

1. wrenfrost56 profile image58

My god, I look stupider by the day and theres me thinking you and cabin girl were gonna run away together and live happily ever after!

Who says they won't??

Cabin girl's way to hot for bad company. It never would have worked.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
            Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't claim to post anything meaningful.

1. profile image50

Thats cool because you dont !

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BC I have been gone for two weeks due to my husband being sick and my system crashing, you had better not leave as it appears that everyone seems to be disappearing. I have come back and all *(^% breaks loose. sad

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed the many disappearances too. Thing is ... isn't that kinda providing a win to those who pushed them away?

Sad to say, if anyone is going to be a force to be reckoned with anywhere, they need to stick around and be heard ... and not for the bitterness they feel inside, but the many things they have done in the past that have energized people into wanting them to stay.

To all those who left in the past ... yes, you stood beside your principles, but how many friends did you leave behind and what change did your stand accomplish?

Color me stupid, but if we wanted things to go back to a certain way they were in the past, then wouldn't we just need to go back to how we just were rather than off and leave?

To quote history ... The British wanted America, but decided to let go when it became too much trouble to keep it as it once was ... under British rule with few complaints. Had they given in just a bit on things, they could have in time restored the monarchy in America to what it was and we (Americans) would be a sovereign state of Britain today.

Retreats do not win wars ... they only lesson the wounds received in battle. As such, I think anyone else considering leaving ought to think about it first and realize how little it would change ... and how their leaving doesn't increase the odds for change, but lessens it, as it squelches yet another voice looking to make a difference.

Not that I'm saying what happened with CG was wrong or right ... I wasn't there and it wasn't my call, but I don't think any tiff is worth resigning over, as it accomplishes nothing and severs many strong bonds that were made over time.

Somebody wrote an insult on one of my hubpages the other day (on which I hit deny) should I quit over that? (not that anyone would miss me).

Sorry, captain, the more I chew on this the more it hurts my stomach.

I, as well as many have enjoyed your writings in the past, and if you care to leave us because a second account is silenced in the forums then I suppose the rest of us who liked having you around meant nothing ... I thought friendship outweighed principles, but I suppose that's just bad thinking on my behalf.

You were mad at HP because CG was silenced, and now I'm mad at you for just walking away without considering the bigger picture ... your fans. Did anyone ever mean anything to you here? If so, then I ask, why are you so quick to walk the plank?

Prove some of this ever mattered ... end your self-imposed embargo and show these people the good captain is a man who should never be counted out!

1. TamCor profile image80
          TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perfect....

3. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
    Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years ago

Don't leave!

1. profile image50

Chris two things I love, writing and having a laugh, Hubs used to be a laugh but now its just all about money but they are losing the fun element and without that trust me others will leave !

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Trust me, man. I totally get this part. For me, this whole place is for fun and laughs. If I ever thought I lost it, which sometimes it does nearly come close for me, I'll leave too. smile

4. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I don't see the point in leaving BC. Embrace the ones you love, ignore the ones you don't.

1. profile image50

Cole I love all on this site but the Hubpages staff are just taking this too far, I am sorry but banning Cabin Girl from the Forums was a bridge too far for me especially compared to some of the crap seen on here, jeeez like that shirt guy f..king and blinding to you, did they ban him, no they didnt !

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't take it personally. I don't know the reasons why the staff may do things. I just know I write, I discuss, and I let it be. In my opinion, stay on, do what you love, and ignore the rest.

1. profile image50

I do take it personally !

I understand if you do. I do not understand why it happened as well. I guess I would have just written the staff asking for an explanation of the banning. Peaceful words before peaceful protest.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Aye, BC. Has CG been a potty-mouthed wench? Perhaps she needs a little spankie -- oops, I meant spa-vacation.
    Sometimes we just need a self-imposed break from the action to clear our heads.
    This community has alread lost too many of its most colorful characters/literary luminaries.
    Please don't tell her I said this, but *leans into BC's ear* Cabin girls can be replaced:-). But there is only one BadCompany99.
    Please don't let anyone get in the way of yer fun.
    Stay and play. We need your wit and charm. MM

1. profile image50

Nooooooooooo, I intend to write Almost Famous then delete a Hub a day !

6. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was just getting to Know you BC sad....

You have very good insights and often enough "the man" or to be politically correct "the woman" just looks to slap the big dogs because it gets the tiny dogs or emerging stars to calm down their frugality and interpretations of the rules.

It is a common practice and it really sucks it happened to Cabin Girl but don't leave. It won't make the intended impression you want because they won't care.

The only people you harm by leaving is your fans and readership as well as yourself as you improve in time with your writing.

1. profile image50

You have to take a stand my friend, I can't let Hubpages staff ban Cabin Girl from the Forums for an argument that was my fault. They either need to have the balls to ban me or let Cabin Girl post on the Forum again !

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Dude, I've been the first to mock you on every other occasion you've flounced off, but I've come to the conclusion now that you're actually a good guy, a little temperamental perhaps but a decent kind of dude, don't let it/them get to you.

1. profile image50

Voodoo same applies mate but surely even you can see the unfairness here. I have sat by and watched people on here F and blind and I have reported them but they are still here. Ok yes that Goodbye hub was my downfall but if Cabin Girl goes down with it then so will I !

1. candice5 profile image58
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not making any excuses, but it does take two to tango and the other Party has not been banned. You do not need to argue with him and her.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my last job in a care home I made a stand against the owners for essentially abusing their residents, I got fired and then I got sued for my trouble, that's the real world mate, justice is a dead dog being buggered by a dead badger, nice guys finish last.

You're a good writer and you're starting to make some money, if you leave your fans will miss you (you have many) but HP won't, stay for yourself.  Anyways my apologies for trying to offer advice, it's never been my strong point, I'm off to smoke one of me special fags and watch 'big butt honeys 3', take it easy, and hopefully be seeing you around, laters dude. smile

1. profile image50

Voodoo trust me i do listen to you as you are a witty guy who livens this place up but sometimes ya gotta take a stand. If its like that daft buggers Custers then so be it !

1. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And THIS is your big Rosa Parks moment? You must be pretty bored generally.

1. profile image50

Only after reading one of yer hubs !

Fair enough

2. candice5 profile image58

He adds interest to something that would otherwise be very boring, I dislike all the false niceness on the Hubs, personally, preferring people like U.W that says it like it is and then moves on. I just feel that he has got caught up ibn a situation with people that had probs, and while he was having fun, as were the rest of us. The were having their Breakdowns or whatever, no one expects that.
      I think you tend to think you are dealing with ordinary people, and that can be so wrong so many [people today have too many issues, and these are the people that should possibly not become involved in the Internet. I guess I am in trouble for saying this But I had to.

8. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 14 years ago

I personally enjoy the craziness, but I am not the average Hubber, I have a thick skin and would never complain nlo matter what anyone threw at me.
    Suffice to say whatever you and your lady do, I doubt for one minute you have any intention of really leaving, Just over the few months, I have seen you, and cabin Girl perform, I have noticed you push the Boundaries that little bit more.
    Good on you for doing so, as a large percentage of gripes in here are about personal complaints and closed threads.
    I think we need more leeway, and that Sandpit, really isn't all that exciting.
    I think the thing is and I have done it myself, Your are a together person,. so assume others are too, and I think that "Goodbye" Hub was the beginning of the end.
    Hope the two of you crazy Beggars stay
    Candice C

9. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Oh the irish blood... the irish stamina ! You know tomorrow is another day yeah?... after 10 pints you'll  be just fine and back again lol

1. profile image50

Noooo if Cabin Girl is still banned from the Forums by Sunday both my account and hers will be deleted !

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you're too tragic for my taste lol

1. profile image50

24 fans , 346 fans, so I think maybe you are tragic ?

I'm not here for the fans, that's childish ! Cool down O.K.? This is not life, it's a forum. I'm sure you can see the difference !

1. profile image50

Yeah I know, thats why it says Forum, and dont tell me what to do !

10. goodfriendiam profile image58
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

There goes the neighborhood, I have to agree with BC. But I am confused, (which is not to hard for me)...lol..why they kicked CG out of forums, I read over the forum, (if I read the right one) is it because she, threaten the other hubber? See this is were I am not seeing clearly, for if this it, did she not have the right to, for someone calling her a whore. please someone bring me up to speed, I am confused. Because, if this is how things are here it may be time to say good bye. thanks

1. profile image50

Yes she was called a Whore !

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did the person who called her a whore get banned?  That is ridiculous.

1. profile image50

Noooo, and Cabin Girl is not banned, just banned from the Forums which is so wrong, why didnt they ban me as we are one and the same. Any reply from the Hubstaff ??

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I seemed to hear quite a bit of name-calling that night.

and Cabin girl loves to act like a whore dont she?

( you know she does) she dressed the part and acted the part.

I hate name calling though, but I think it was tit for tat

Bad we  all like to write n have fun tis true, its tough tryin to please everyone though dont ya think?

Well i read the whole darn forum and have know clue why they would banned CG period and not the other hubber, for calling her that. This seems a little fishy. They (hub staff) are making no sense what so ever if this is true. Double mindness doesn't play to well with me neither. either plug the hole or jump ship. You can't have it both ways. Sorry BC

1. profile image50

Yeah I agree, I find it so Big Brother !

11. tantrum profile image60

a rivederci, caro ! lol

1. profile image50

Monday I will be gone, tonight you are nothing, Monday you will still be nothing !

What a child ! lol

1. profile image50

Why are you even repying ?

12. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Hey Ladies, its time to get the popcorn popping and make sure the beer is good and cold....

eat by yourself today.

2. profile image50

Deff looks like a forced smile  to me smile

13. Candie V profile image62
    Candie Vposted 14 years ago

BC - remember about 4 months ago what fun we used to have in hijacking the hubs?? Now they won't let us publish them because they contain words like blue bal*s!  So sad.

Yes, this place is about making money, always has been and now it's worse.  The newbies have nooooo idea and lots of opinions. Ignore them. 

You've ridden the seesaw a long time.  We could call your saga "Banned and Back Again" eh? LOL.. You came back stronger than ever.. look at your fan base!  Go if you need to, stay if you want to.  Because when this place is sold to the highest bidder, it won't be home to many of us much longer.

1. profile image50

Candie they have just become interested in the 30 hubs shit to boost their ratings and to hell with the average hubber. Do you see RBlue about much, GT has left, you see Randy about much or any of the fun crowd, Noooo you dont, just the saddoos like Tantrum, the site is dying a death and they cant see the average hubber wants to be entertained, go for yer 30 hubs but the site longterm will lose out !

Of course the 30/30 is about making money, anyone with a brain knows this.  Heck we could all do infomercial hubs!  No, you won't see the likes of that crowd again in here.  Heck we could get 150 comments in an hour. Hub scores were high and so were spirits.  We've lost a lot of great creative writers.

14. profile image50

Not my style Cole, you should know that by now !

I do. But there isn't anything wrong with trying something new. Sounds better to me. Trying to understand and rationalize before pulling out.

1. profile image50

Cmon Cole look at the insults you personally have taken and I mean swear words what did the Hubstaff do, bugger all. But they were damn quick to ban Cabin Girl from the Forums, I call it discrimination, maybe they were not banned because of their religion ??

Sure, I've been called a dumb girl who has put myself at high risk for getting raped or molested smile I'm not saying that it was right what they did. But you don't know why. So ask.

2. chucky12 profile image58
          chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Invent another chick mate.

1. profile image50

Lol best comment so far !!

1. chucky12 profile image58

Make this chick a real Hotty, with as grubby a mouth as ya can do that'll get it goin.
              Get me goin to.

2. chucky12 profile image58

Make this chick a real Hotty, with as grubby a mouth as ya can do that'll get it goin.
              Get me goin to.

1. profile image50

Why wasnt Cabin Girl hot enough for ya ?

Hell, Yeah Man she was hot enuf for any Bloke, but ya said she was goin.
                  I reckon it could be her still just take it up a notch, Whatdayamake of cabin Girl2

1. ClaudetteK profile image58
                    ClaudetteKposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is how my ex likes his woman the Bigger the Better, so if you going invent NOTER LKIE HE SAYS M AKE IT A fATTY.

15. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Could it be that some folks take all this (and themselves) a bit too seriously?

Sit back, putcha feets up, have a drink and reeeelaaaaaaaaxxxx.

1. profile image50

Bit of a joke coming from you, doncha think ?

Then have a laugh and calm the f down.

1. profile image50

Get to hell out of my face !

I thought your face was leaving...

Back away from the nasty little doggie...

2. profile image50

You want to try making it leave ?

Oh man, now you're really getting into it! roll

(FYI, if you're gonna go the 'tough guy' route you might want to choose another avatar)

16. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Not happy to hear this.  2 Good reasons why you shouldn’t leave.

1.    You are a much valued Hubber.  Your Hub Celebrity Tattoos - 83  comments,  Does life give you a soul mate – 98 comments and Adsense  - Whooping 255. (let me plug em. Lol)  But seriously, what does that tell you B/C?  You got presence man!

2.    http://hubpages.com/fan/541597

I only left those comments a few  days ago.  If you leave now, well how on God’s good planet do I get to read the Hubs when your account is deleted.
    Hang on in there or I’ll be speaking to my Lawyers for being a disowned fan.

(You know how it is in UK, we sue the pants off anyone – for any reason)  smile

Sleep on it B/C.

Hubpages, if you are reading, can’t you give Cabin girl a warning and allow her back? This is not causing good vibes in HP community. sad

1. profile image50

Lady E I thank you for that I really do because I respect you but I love having a laugh, god life is hard enough and I just enjoy the double act. I can't continue on Hubs without Cabin Girl, be like asking Astaire to dance without Rodgers, I wont, and I will cease writing after Almost Famous. But thanks !

17. profile image50

Lol too true !

18. profile image50

You bore me doggy, you always have and any arguments you have ever got into have made me laugh myself to sleep. 5 useless Hubs, same old crap from you, please go bore someone else !

Was wonderin is the dog Pandaman

1. profile image50

No Pandaman had a 14 year old brain smile

What 14 year old I am lord panda man? surely not. Yet what do Iknow  the whole forum system has been turned on it's head, I don't know who anyone is anymore.

Ya just admitted it, only Pandaman calls himself Lord pandaman, I bloody knew it.

No I am just me, but I did participate in that thread a while ago that is true, but I am only one. Hence the reason I am getting so confused.

Yeah Pull the otha one, its got bells on it. Wheres Candice, and I ve just figure the fat woman is anotha ow many have ya got.

Are we going see Hello my name is Squidward at any time, with all the pretty bags. You all were there then.

say what? none, just me. wrenfrost56. I could not possibly keep up with anymore. Why who else are you?

2. tksensei profile image60

I thought you were leaving. You (and your multiple personalities) won't have to be bored much longer.

Why is it and I admit i am new, but struth its always you pandaman, and goody goody candice at the same time.
        Ya'd need to be simple to not figure you were all one person.

.....come again?

You lot are all from Singapore.

Wow! Really?

Sorry China

Even better!

2. profile image50

You so give a new meaning to the word boring, is easy to see why you dont write much, I hope write is what I meant and not something that rhymes with it !

What would that be, Mr. Long-talk-not-really-leaving? I guess if you really, really leave I'll write lots and lots of hubs.

1. profile image50

You need to be a writer to write, you cant write and you know it which is why you stir it up on the Forums. As a writer you are worthless and you deep down know it !

Wow! Quitting, whining, criticism and mind-reading! You and your multiple personalities are multi-talented.

19. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I have relished for some time in the good captain's antics, so BC, I would be sad to see you go. However, I want to give you something to think about before doing so and I don't want you to take it as an attack ... see it as someone who has seen the same thing happen elsewhere.

On another site, I saw a big ballyhoo erupt on the forums and several people were banned for life (it was that bad). Others left, grabbing onto the coattails and swearing off the site as changed, vile, and stating it would never be the same.

Me? I stuck around on that site (and still venture there) as I wanted to see where things would go ... and they were right ... for a few months.

You see, in time, the ship steered back on course as everyone relaxed and stopped being all jittery. The newbs looked up to the older members and in time emulated them, as they wanted to fit in. It just took some time, as they were all finding their bearings, and that process stepped on the older member's toes a bit.

I see the same thing happening here, with new members bringing in new ideas that the older members might not like, as they are (in a sense) reinventing their park. However, you wait and see ... strong oaks don't fall over overnight. All will be as it was, with other members taking over the rolls of former colleagues, which is difficult to depict, as we would like to perceive some of them as immortal and irreplaceable.

As for the incident with Cabin Girl, I can't fairly comment on that as I did not witness the event, and as a member (and not a staffer) I don't see myself as having the right to enter any judgment on what occurred unless I witnessed it and it directly affected me ... which is why I see you as having the right to voice out about it.

Sad to say ... leave and the world will eventually find another mug that will be close enough to BC to fulfill the role you once held, or you can take a stand ... as you keep saying you are doing in this thread ... and stick up for the good captain.

As another good captain might have once said ... "I don't fear the enemy, I fear myself ... for if I turn and walk away I will leave nothing but my shadow to show the courage that once stood in its light."

So, leave if you will ... and be sorely missed ... or consider those 345 fans as your crew and refuse to abandon the ship. After all, does any good captain jump ship before his crew? I should think not, but I also understand when a man has had enough and feels the need to walk away.

If this is truly goodbye, captain, then know you will truly be missed by many ... including myself. sad

1. profile image50

Just feel annoyed !

20. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Im kinda confused as to whats going on. BadCompany you are leaving? sad

21. profile image0
    SarahMichelleposted 14 years ago

BC what is going on?  People are being...rude. CG deleted her hubs...sad  I get that CG was banned from forums.  What the heck.

1. profile image50

It was a dispute on hubs on sat night Sarah and they just banned CG from the Forums but not from writing or commenting, I am just making a point because of some of the rubbish like Panda and others on the Forum the last few weeks. I thank you for yer support !

1. profile image0
        SarahMichelleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay. Whatever.  I trust ya:)

1. profile image50

And I miss ya smile

1. profile image0

Just stay out of trouble...ha!

1. profile image50

Lol like I could smile

1. profile image0

Go to sleep.  I'm getting in defensive mode and dont want to have to keep up with this anymore. Not many of these turkeys are worth it. smile

22. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Johnny Says Cheer Up My Friend

http://blog.news-record.com/staff/culture/Johnny%20Depp.jpg

Cabin Girl Hasnt gone ,just her avatar smile

Get some sleep ,the both of ya!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57

I think that kind of went unnoticed, but if there was one thing on this thread that's been said, that I personally wish I'd had the sense to say myself, it's that ^.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Thanks for noticing ,MrV glad someone did wink

23. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 14 years ago

Abe Lincoln once said "He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help".

Love - Light - Laughter

http://pictures.adlandpro.com/photos/massivebucks/images/2882/original.aspx

1. profile image50

Was that before he took a bullet ?

1. Neil Sperling profile image59
        Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL -

24. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

OMG. I don't even know what to say. I am new here. I thought HUb Page was a great place and a safe place to write and converse. I enjoyed the interactions for the most part. I don't know ppl well enough to understand what is going on in this site. Every single time I log on, there teens pretending to be old Panda's, people in scandalous outfits showing their crotches, people attacking others who are mentally ill...well, I was hoping this place would be fun and an escape from the drama I deal with all the time...I guess I was wrong...

1. profile image0

There are plenty of amazing people here.  Don't give up on it:)

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Asher, if there is one thing you should know about this place, it's that it's full of drama. Even if and when you try to avoid it, it is still there. That doesn't mean it isn't still a great community, it just means that it's full of people, full of writers, and writers tend to have a lot of drama going on....

But on the other hand, that also means this place is full of like minded people--those who feel the same way you probably do about writing which means there are plenty of people here to support you, help you and potentially become great friends with you.

In other words, you have to weigh the good with the bad--sometimes the drama becomes too much, it depends on how much you're willing to deal with.

25. Connie Smith profile image84
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

Well, I am certainly not surprised here at all. At least once a week, we hear of someone who is leaving for some real or imagined slight.  What I find amusing is that some people allow themselves, their plans, their goals and their incomes (not mine, unfortunately, as I have none from Hubpages) to be derailed so easily over this kind of stuff.  When we all come here, we know that, since this is not our own site, that we have rules that we must abide by and agree to those, while dreaming of future riches from our great writing skills. 

With all the forums on the internet, it seems amazing that some pick the very ones that can affect their incomes (as you seem to have one from here) to have "fun" with.  Much like we have to temper our views at our regular places of employment in order to stay employed there, I see Hubpages similarly.  I, too, enjoy your wit and humor, your honesty and will miss, not only your writing, but you as well, if you choose to go.  However, upon reflection, if you should change your mind and view Hubpages as a vehicle of income more than a place of fun and refuse to be drawn in to those whose goals are to see you gone, I will be happy to see it.

1. profile image50

i believe in fairplay Connie and fairplay isnt taken place, ok I guess it seems childish but I believe in principles !

Yeeeesh, get over yourself already.

2. Connie Smith profile image84
        Connie Smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since, I too, am really bad about the "principle" of the thing (not sure if it is one of my good traits or one of my bad ones lol), I will say no more, BC.  Let me just say that I hate to see you go.  That Irish temper will be missed!

26. Jenny30 profile image60
    Jenny30posted 14 years ago

thats too bad. I really enjoy reading your hubs.

1. profile image50

Thanks Jenny !

27. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I am one of your biggest fans BC but I can't get my head around the fact we are discussing the banning of your alter ego and talking about it like it's a crime. She is not real...she is you... Was she banned just for one argument of for ongoing behaviour?

I can see the use of having two accounts or more on hubpages to write on different topics. I think it's rather ridiculous for adults to have conversations on a forum with themselves don't you think?

And you may notice that Panda and his other accounts are gone.

1. AsherKade profile image59
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I only have one identity...why would anyone want several? This just seems silly and overwelming and hard to keep up with...

1. profile image50

I have a split personality ok ?

Shattered is more like it.

2. candice5 profile image58

I think it is good to be able to do what he does. I don't actually think of either of the players as anything other than separate entities, that is the drama of it.
          But I guess it is a bit weird. People like it though no arguing with that.

2. profile image50

I am in two minds about that smile

28. AsherKade profile image59

I don't make a cent, don't care to make a cent, but need the escape....this is not an escape to see ppl fighting like kids. I don't know anything, don't know what the issues are, but was hoping to go to a site where I didn't hear ppl screaming at each other like I did at work today...

what happenend at work?

1. AsherKade profile image59
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I might be banned if I repeat it tongue
        in G rated format...two girl officers had a verbal cat fight....saying every cuss word known and not known. One accused one of talking shit about her and the other one said she didn't do her job. I decided to take an early lunch to avoid the shit hitting the fan...

Good idea. I live in the quietest little town this is the most drama I have witnessed in a month it's crazy!

lol I blame Goggle ,they dont pay us enough lol

Vote on my Poll should cabin Girl go stay I say stay, let her have full voice in the Forums.

2. yoshi97 profile image56

Hahaha!!!  True ... true ...

Larger payments would cull us from the forums, but then who would remain around to provide the laughter needed when one has had a bad day?

3. wrenfrost56 profile image58

lol ain't that the truth! BTW thanks for the picture of mr depp earlier mmmmm.

aww yer welcome ,he has that sharable quality dont he ,lol
                badco is hubpages best johnny depp though, maybe when he wakes he will appear again over breakfast...tongue

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Good skills Asher..

29. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 14 years ago

136 replies people really are supportive of cabin  Girl.
    I have posted a Poll.

30. AsherKade profile image59

I just looooove going home to my stinky dog, wondering what crazy crap my autistic son dragged into the house,how much my baby ate that day, and ordinary everyday things like tater tot casserole. That's what life is about, not drama or being the most heard and best on the block...

Not everyone wants that from life. The stinky Dog is about all of yours I would look forward too ha sorry. Not into kids and hate potato. Everyone has different likes and dislikes.

2. yoshi97 profile image56

Ah ... but through drama one can often achieve celebrity status, provided they are the one stirring the mix and not amid the stuff in the blender.

I think that's what I have always liked about BC ... prefers to be a shark, rather than a bottom feeder. smile

3. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you get the tater tot casserole from the Duggar family?  Supposedly they have the best recipe on the planet.

31. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Aye, BC. Has CG been a potty-mouthed wench? Perhaps she needs a little spankie -- oops, I meant spa-vacation.
    Sometimes we just need a self-imposed break from the action to clear our heads.
    This community has alread lost too many of its most colorful characters/literary luminaries.
    Please don't tell her I said this, but *leans into BC's ear* Cabin girls can be replaced:-). But there is only one BadCompany99.
    Please don't let anyone get in the way of yer fun.
    Stay and play. We need your wit and charm. MM

32. profile image0
    SarahMichelleposted 14 years ago

geez go to bed people. i am. not that anyone cares.

33. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

What??

Badco Leaving ???

Crikey - I didn't realise it was that time of the month again: lol

All the best - catch up in t'other place. smile

A bit of advice to everyone: Stop trying to work out why HP do, or don't do things. You'll go mad. cool

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG It's Friday Again!!! LTP Time!!

This thread is about the loss of an appendage or comfort blanky?

Great creative talents sugared with BS, Slagging ability, or open demonstration of low self esteem, or verbal abuse?

Has this Anger Management Problem existed throughout? Or is there a denial that finds it necessary to blame someone else?

What a Sell... What a Sad Bleat... What a way of growing a fan base!!  Wow..... Well Kiss My Irish Ancestors... There are those who talk about it and those that just do it!!

Why on earth does one find the need to invent a second identity if not for self promotion? hmm

If there is a need to promote a dual personality; could it not be done with some class?

Look what Eric & Eric have done to solve the problem... just adds another head!

Roll on Saturday........ and the presence of a damn good hangover!!  smile

34. blondpoet profile image59
    blondpoetposted 14 years ago

Oh Captain, Mon Cherie.

Let me be the replacement for your cabin girl.

I'll get dressed up in my best industrial strength G-String (the one with the kevlar ratchet strap) and take you to heaven.

You'll forget all about that skinny little cabin girl. I have lots of portholes for you to explore.

Just say you'll stay, and we'll make wonderful chit chat together.

Hooters are lookin' good bp.

blondpoet, I like your new picture, except that it looks like me a few years ago, high on prescription drugs, food as my lover and three sheets to the wind...lol..though I didn't have big boobies. What color is that lipstick my the way, I like it......lol..not!

I know that isn't really her eaglekiwi...LOL

You sure you have the right Blondepoet??

The real one is a natural beauty an haaawwt ! no fake hoo hoo's there at all...

35. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Bah! Wasted words as the captain won't read them (I'm relating to my last post, prior to this one).

I've seen many people leave forums all over and not one of them made a difference ... those that stayed, they made the difference.

I just wish the captain could rise from his rum to see it. This many people would not be debating over this if his presence never mattered, but the captain is capable of making his own choices ... just wish some of the decision making included those who will miss him.

There should be a button on forums that bans someone from leaving. Then, when someone gets mad and threatens to leave it would stick their browser page on the forum until they rose to their senses and decided to return. smile

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I still think it was perfect...big_smile

36. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

What???

Fraudulent ta ta's?  mad

37. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

You've never heard of fake boobs?

Yes, but not fake hubbers!

38. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

You're right...I've been bamboozled!!! mad

39. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

BC, if I could do something I would...I truly and most certainly hate that you and Cabin Girl are leaving.  I hope Hubpages Staff is reading this because it is unfair...I am sure they are trying to set you as an "example" but I hope the STAFF works this out for you and all of us.  I have seen a lot of STUFF that is way worse then what you guys have done...all my best, to my new friend, you will be missed!  Come back soon, pleeeease

He is CHOOSING to leave. What is unfair about that? What do you expect the staff to do about that? It's his decision.

Do you really believe he's going ? this is the closest to a soap opera i've seen in years lol

After all this, I hope so.

1. profile image0
            fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Relax, dude. You dont like him, quit making it so damn obvious. But whatever works for ya.

I don't dislike him, I just see no point in making a big song-and-dance about it all.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57

You should go find the other one I've just finished reading (the 'goodbye' one), HOLY SHIT! How in hell did I miss that.

don't worry .It's still going on

2. Ladybird33 profile image67
        Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he is choosing to leave on principle, fighting for what he believes in, is that so bad?  I have seen WAY worse then what they have done...

Ah yes, he's the Mandela of insignificant internet squabbling.

1. Ladybird33 profile image67
            Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that what forums are for, collecting thoughts and internet squabbling and debates and sharing information...

Sure, so why stomp off in a huff like some petulant child over any of it?

Why name call? Or comment on something you don't care about?

I didn't call anyone a name, I described a behavior.

You're describing an action, a person completes the action, so you're describing a person. Or something like that smile

2. profile image0
              Sidney Rayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The inception of the forum concept was to create a means of communication between a mass community of people that share a common interest....

While the original goal is achieved...unfortunately forums also provide a platform for individuals to attack one another behind the security of a keyboard. Usually these individuals would never even fathom any attack of the sort on a face-to-face basis....

I conjure that some computers come with a cape and mask these days as an additional option in the check out process....

BC...no idea about your alter-ego's or anything of the sort...but if you decide to depart...may the force be wit ya. Cheers mate...

Wow, what kind of "attack" are you thinking about?

1. profile image0

Senseless verbal assaults on one another....and perhaps the idle threats that follow in suit.

Personally...I am not thinking about any "attack"....I am not a violent person nor do I feel the need to engage in futile arguments here, online, offline or across any line.

Too many other things everyone could devote their time and energy towards...

40. Moonchild60 profile image73
    Moonchild60posted 14 years ago

I hope you don't leave BC. I like you too much.  I never joined this to make any money...and actually, I haven't made a dime...Is that really why people write on Hubpages, just to make money?  Sounds silly to me. This could never support my lifestyle!! DO NOT LEAVE!

41. goodfriendiam profile image58

I don't know if you will stay or if you will go, but I sure will miss your funniness. I will miss the man I know, not the man I see. It was an honor to meet you. Stay passionate, stand for what you believe. Take care BC live now, ask questions later. smile

42. tantrum profile image60

this is unbelievable !!! is this prep school ? lol

1. goodfriendiam profile image58

We just think hes a funky cold madina. Do I hear a bit of jealous tantrum? Lol

jealous of what? Do you know me ?  Yes, really a prep scholl all right lol

43. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I can identify with your feelings BC as I took a stand similar to yours on another site.  Some here say your leaving will not make a difference as others will take your place.  But I doubt they have the same principles as you do so they do not understand your point of view. Some are mere trolls with few hubs who only utter inane comments on forums to stir up trouble.  Kind of sad really, but this is all their talent allows them to do.  Am I glad I stood up for my principles which I knew would get me banned?  You're damned right I am, in fact I am proud of it.

Like you, the fun means everything to me and writing is just an extension of it.  Good luck in whichever decision you make.

44. goodfriendiam profile image58

No just teasing you, because of your hub name says tantrum. So I thought you may be having a tantrum. sorry if i hurt your feelings for it was all in fun. smile

Forget it lol  I don't kow you either and misinterpreted smile

1. profile image0

I thought the Manson avatar gave you that impression wink

45. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

I probably should stay out of this for i feel it is partly my fault but let me explain.  Cabin Girl is BC's alter ego, she writes about things that maybe he can't.  She isn't real but she was to BC and he doesn't have a split personality, cabin girls is used to express feelings he can't.  This all resulted from an argument with me which I am not sure even how it started, but we have made ammends.  At least he doesn't hate me anymore, I guess.

BC I am asking you not to leave and I don't expect you to stay becuase I asked but consider everything, your friends your great writing and CG was just your outlet.  I know that from just reading.  They may take a part of you but they can't take ot all. I know you don't take crap very well, and to me this is what it is about.  Don't take away her writing, the things you can't say.  If I can be a women and come back from the crap I have dealt with, so can you. 

always,
    dori

46. profile image50

Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz nooooooooooooo Dori, this was last nights topic and is now ancient history. I havent left but I have killed off Cabin Girl. You have missed the afternoon hub which followed this one.

And nothing was your fault so dont even think that, jeeez I was hoping this thread had sunk lol, hope you are well smile

1. profile image0

check your mail

47. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

oh my  bad, just letting you know I was here and on your side

dori

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)