Number of hub visits a day..

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (64 posts)
  1. awsydney profile image60
    awsydneyposted 14 years ago

Hi hubbers, I'm new and was wondering how many hub visits should anyone be expecting everyday?? I've been here for a about 4 weeks and I have 12 hubs now.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will come visit smile takes time and apparently people come when they get to know you a bit better ,or a title catches their eye.

Of course I learned all this the hard way lol sigh, but awsydney youre on the right track IMO, its the outside traffic thats likely to click on adverts though.

You will get there.!

awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey EagleKiwi, nice to see you, again!! I thought outside traffic cannot view anything in hubpages unless they sign up? Do you mean the general public / man on the street can view our hubs too?? I'm confused now! lol..

1. lrohner profile image70
          lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. The general public can see your hubs. In fact, if you're here to make money, that's what you want! Hubscores, Author scores and HP traffic is nice, but they're not gonna make you any money.

2. Angel Of Love profile image62
          Angel Of Loveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Since everyone writes about different things, and promotes their hubs differently, there's no average or set number of visits that you can expect in a day.

Suffice to say, you can get anywhere between zero and thousands.

ok, I understand your reasoning coz you're so experienced. I got 126 so far today but 73 yesterday, is that good, bad, pathetic?

1. LVM profile image60
        LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not that bad.

2. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I checked out a couple of your hubs.  They look really good in my opinion, because:

1) You have good, rich content and sufficient content (at least over 500 words from the looks of it).

2) Original photos

I think you'll do just fine.  I fanned you by the way smile

Thanks...I will check out your hubs too..

3. LVM profile image60

Your performance: 126/12 = 10.5 pageview per hub

Mine: 242/27 = 8.9 pageviews per hub

Your doing better than me.

4. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are your criteria or definitions for determining good, bad and pathetic? 

If you got only that amount of pageviews, but it was highly-targeted traffic and your site visitors clicked on ads, that might be more successful than someone with many more pageviews but who drew visitors who just glanced at the page and left.

And just because I know this is what you're really asking... The top performing Hubs on this site get a LOT more daily visits than that.

Thanks..the top hubs will be in trouble if they are getting my level of traffic! lol!

5. darkside profile image63
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a start.

You won't be able to quit your day job any time soon. But if you're patient and you want to put in a time and effort to produce quality content, you'll set yourself up for the long term.

Thanks for your support and comments.

6. seamist profile image60
        seamistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For only 12 hubs, you're doing really great!

7. profile image0
        Louidam1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is very good for a start.  Your doing way better then me and I been on hubpages a few months now.

3. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

I think you are really doing good!!

4. maidouxixi profile image60
    maidouxixiposted 14 years ago

come on with me /

5. awsydney profile image60
    awsydneyposted 14 years ago

thanks Arunjain, i'm not sure as Rae says it's all relative..

6. Rynaldos profile image62
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

Thats actually really good. I get an average of 125 per day.

7. Gennifer profile image52
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Nice start, Awsydney! Continue in the same manner!! wink

8. marshall92 profile image67
    marshall92posted 14 years ago

I average about 70-100 views a day : (. However, I figure this number will increase in good time. From what I have read, it is clear to me that it takes a while for a new hubber's traffic to increase significantly.

9. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

52,000 on average smile

Oh my God, are you serious??!! What's the secret CG?? Tell tell!!

1. LVM profile image60

smile

1. profile image49
          CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just flirt on the Forums and I also twitter, omg I am close to breaking 100$ just for 1 day for the first time ever, wooooo hooooo smile

1. profile image0
            wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO, CG!  lol

1. profile image49

smile

2. awsydney profile image60

I aint got no cleavage but will certainly learn to flirt like you CG. Thanks for the tip.

10. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

She uses the Smokin Hot Avatar theroey of marketing....

well done

11. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Personally, I get about 22,506 visitors daily.  I make about $43.19/day from Google, and $66.63 from Amazon usually.

1. profile image49

Awwwwww I am gutted for you cause yer a really pretty girl, ok if ya wanna double yer traffic be like me show some cleavage and watch the traffic rise, woooooooooooo hoooooooo just hit the 100 dollars for today and a nice end to August on 3,500 dollars, I need a drink, yer cute Wordscribe smile

1. profile image0
        Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

=0 -gasp-

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You ok, do ya need the kiss of life smile

12. profile image0

Wow, got me beat on the visitors...  I'm a little over your August earnings, though.  Have definitely been looking into a new avatar.  I think I have just the one...  Frankly, as you know I don't drink.  But, sh*t, feel like I have been with all the cash trickling in.  Always had a girl crush on you, CG.  Don't tell the pirate...

1. profile image49

Omg I feel all tingly, it will be our secret ok x

13. profile image0

k.  He's off trying to ressurect GT and cuddlin' the kielbasa anyway.  Won't notice.

1. profile image49

Its all a front, I know hes got a thing for you smile

14. profile image0

BC will always have a special place in my heart.  Multi-faceted?  Yes.  But, what a bore to be anything less.

1. profile image49

I think you just made his night smile

15. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm lucky if I get 10 a day.  WOO HOO!

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Yep think of the forum and hubpages comments as 'inhouse critique', but the people you eventually want are the lil darlings outside of here , to read and love it so much ,they connect with your article ,ooops hub and click on either a Goggle advert or a Hubpages advert, then ker ching ,the pennies start happenining, but it takes several hubs ,quality content , not copied that will bring the traffic ,thats why I said it takes time , slow at first ,but while ya waiting ya might as well read up and learn smile

There have been so many hubs written on helping you get your 'hubs to make money' the latest I saw today was this one.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help

For new hubbers , and old hubbers, like me who suffer from oldtimers lol

Also dont forget that search button up there ,top of this page!
    smile...ya'll be pattin yaself on the back in no time at all.

What about the search button up on this page?? What am I supposed to search for with it? This is such a steep learning curve for me over the last 2 weeks! huff!!

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just click on the down arrow.  You can choose to search FORUMS, HUBBERS, HUBS, SITE, and more wherever you are on Hubpages.

I personally like to see where I'm ranked among other hubbers, check on the best and latest hubs.  I like to keep on top of the goings on here at Hubpages.  Yu can get a general idea of what people are interested in, but remember, all of these things change, moment by moment.  Just right what interests you now, and you'll be okay!

17. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Or not. I'm happy to be an active member of the HP community, but it doesn't show me the money. I'm happy when I hit a milestone, but again -- no money from it.

This community is filled with so many special and awesome people that it's worth it personally to get involved. But again, no money.

You need to do your research to find out what "outsiders" are looking for, what advertisers are paying, and what people will read to show you the money.

ok, thanks for the advice Dohn and Irohner. So why dont people then write about stuff that people want to read and make the money?? I understand the title of the hub is very important and we should do a Keyword search on Google before deciding on titles etc etc. Then again, I'm not sure how to interpret the CPC (cost per click) and what it all means. I know the advertiser will pay the CPC but how as a publisher do we decide on what words to use in the title based on that search. If CPC is high say $8.00, and search volume is high, does that mean we should use those key words?? signed...Technosaurus AWsydney.

18. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Irohner is such a gem ,she really is !!
    Just love her generous spirit without airs n graces smile

Respectful ,witty and not at all snotty ,just thought Id offer my 2 cents worth ,no wait 11 cents today ,wooohooo bubblegum anyone? smile

I will visit n read your hub(s) in the morning awsydney wink

ok, you better do Eaglekiwi coz I've already read yours and know you have 3 beautiful sons which you love to bits, who wouldnt?? I also followed your advice and tried to signed into shetoldme.com but to no avail. Nevermind will keep you posted later.

What do you mean to no avail? ,it shows you registered. Now al ya have to do is write something for them ,read their requirements ,cuz my memories hopeless, then that becomes a backlink for ya.

They said I'm supposed to have received an email and I need to click on a link to confirm registration but I never received that  friggin email!

Oh Ironhner had the same problem  with that ! naughty people , they are new ,so fire an email off to James,hes pretty good at responding and suggest he re-send-good luck smile

By the way had fun reading your hubs and now Im hungry! lol smile

You're a legend EK, you even know these guys by their first name??!!

lol its how he signed the email , regards James wink

19. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Kiwi, you are too much!  smile Thank you, sweetie pie.

AWSydney -- Yes. You want to go after keywords with a high(er) CPC, since those will payout better to you. I usually won't go after anything with CPC of less than $1.00. (Unless I'm writing a hub designed to push Amazon products. Then I don't worry so much about the CPC for the Google ads.)

Yes. You want keywords with high traffic volume (although "high" is a relative term). BUT, you also want them to have lower competition. So you might find a keyword with a gazillion hits a month with a $25.00 CPC, but if you're going to have to battle a couple of hundred thousand targeted websites with PR7 and up, you may never make it to the top of the search engines with just one little hub. An entire website or blog maybe, but probably not with one hub. And if you're not at the top of the search engines, you won't get much traffic.

So it's really a balancing act of finding high CPC, higher traffic and lower competition. Hope this helps.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good day Irohner how will I know that I will get a keywords that has high CPC, and are these keywords are your URL or tags, just asking, Hope you'll provide me answers.

1. lrohner profile image70
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey there General! Haven't seen much of you around here lately!

You can use Google's keyword tool (just Google it to get the link). Plug in your keyword(s), enter the captcha and you'll see some results. Now in the upper right you'll see a dropdown box labeled "Choose columns to display". From that dropdown, choose "Show estimated avg CPC".

You'll see a new column pop up that tells you what advertisers are paying to advertise with those keywords. The more they pay, the more you make.

So I look at the first three columns - How highly is the keyword paid? How much search volume is there for the keyword? How much competition is there for that keyword.

I narrow my list down and then head on over to SEOBook's keyword tool to make my final decision. You may have a few keywords for one hub, but just make sure your main keyword is in your tags, in your title and in your URL. A sprinkling of it throughout your article, particularly in capsule titles, will also help.

Hope this clears it up a bit!

Hi Irohner

ok, I understand your last post about using Google keywords. I thought the keyword is only important in the URL and not the title or subtitles? Eaglekiwi also advised me to try and put the keyword in the narrative of my photos. How does that help if people are only browsing the slideshow with the keyword but not clicking on the ads? Can you send me the link for the SEO keyword tool please?

2. awsydney profile image60

ok, it clarified things somewhat. So I should go for relatively high CPC of say more than $1 but with not so much volume. Where I'm confused is who pays who? If my hubpage is listed on Google (which I dont pay for), who pays me if someone clicks on my hubpage? If Google pays me, where do they get this money from since I didnt pay to get my page listed?

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's explained in the site FAQ,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#program

Thanks Relache, much appreciated. You've been a great help to me since I joined! I will read this once and for all and get stuck in my head.

20. Bredavies profile image61
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

I got about 70 today...My views have dropped! sad

21. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I am still working on figuring this stuff out

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)