dual accounts, split personalities, alter egos...

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 66 discussions (241 posts)
  1. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

many people on hp have dual accounts, alter egos, and split personalities.  although several maintain a certain dignity with those accounts, we know they are the exception rather than the rule.  after this morning's apparent outing of one of the more vicious trolls on the site, is it fair to ask that the hate talkers and name callers come out from behind their masks?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't understand the need for more than one account. but if someone has one for fun, like that spaghetti dude, that's ok.

but if someone hides behind a fake account just to attack others they should be banned - every HubPages account. i am sure Hubpages admins can see who is who...

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid not.  Nor do they seem to care about the crazies 'attacking.'  I've been around the block with this...all I will say.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really?

oh noes.

well i have seen people's IP addresses when they comment me. it seems to me that even if someone is logged in with a fake name, their IP address would be the same.

at least that is my hope, because i hate trolls!

2. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blue Duck you didn't out anyone, manleypoetryman is not me, you got the goods post it!

blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there you go again, you keep bringing his name up.  i thought you were going to contact him, letting him know what's up...

1. profile image0

I did Duck check his site and see if he has been around awhile/ I also told randy I would give him my number with the area code to prove where I am! Randy also knows my real name and address! He can call if he wants

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is true BlueDog.  Tex did give me his real name and address.  I am honor bound to not reveal this against his approval though.  Whether he has an alter ego I cannot say just as I have no idea about you or others having one.  I do believe Tex gave me his real identity though.

1. profile image0

No alter ego here Randy just Duck very confused you want my number so you can call? I will email it to you

Not necessary Tex, this would still not prove you didn't have an alter ego.

1. profile image0
    3. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, here is your original question - you asked those whose second personas behave badly to reveal themselves. And I asked you to reveal yourself, as I thought your behavior was not any better. Sort of humor, or satire, or sarcasm. smile

4. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who is the troll...Blue Dog?

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

So, whose alter ego are you? smile

gee, misha, inform yourself and read my profile.  you'll see who i am.  no need to hide behind a mask.

1. Misha profile image63

LOL I can write anything on my profile, too smile

And since you often engage into the very behavior you are questioning here, namely hate talking and name calling, you seem to be one of the primary suspects on my books. smile

1. profile image0

Nope.  I vouch for him.  He's a photographer whose significant other is a school teacher, living in Austin, TX.  He knows where Oak Creek, Sedona, AZ is and why it is special (for photography), and he's a decent person.

I second this approval. (for what it's worth)

1. Misha profile image63

LOL I too tend to think he is a real person, this was not the point though. The very kind of behavior he is complaining about in this thread he displays himself...

2. blue dog profile image59

thank you, lita.
              thank you, randy.

2. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!   roll

yours is a pretty halo as well, misha.  hit a nerve here??

1. Misha profile image63

Nope, I never go as low as your signature "small t". Kindergarten, really. It takes two to tango, I bet you know this at your age.

And again, I would likely never brought this up if you did not start to complain. smile

it's an inside joke, misha.  you, not being from texas, might not appreciate its sincerity.

1. Misha profile image63

I definitely don't appreciate it. Fine, insider joke. As well as doggy-ducky stuff - is it insider joke too? If yes, then what the fuss is all about? You guys play insider jokes and then complain that some of you use second personas for that? Pretty harmless use I would say lol

1. profile image0

Somebody trying to stir up shit and I am calling him out!

2. profile image0
              Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha - I do not see Blue Dog as hiding behind alter egos, split personalities etc. which is what he's talking about. He seems to come right out and say what he thinks - all under his own name etc. That's a lot more than most of the blowhards here do.

1. Misha profile image63

You mean his own name is Blue Dog? yikes

(j/k, I did read the profile, and figured his name should be Lynn Herrmann)

LOL I do realize he is likely the real person Aqua, I just don't really like when people use double standards. smile

misha, go back to the op and read the question.  then try to answer it.  misleading, misinforming, and misdirecting does not suit you well.

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
          JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not fair.

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Um, who was outed?  Was it who you related earlier?

Guessing can be fun...I'm rather good at it.  And some of the alter egos in the past have been funny.  But, we have had some serious nasties hiding behind avatars and screen names as of late.

yes, lita, it was an entertaining morning.  to say the least...

1. profile image0

Did they admit to it????

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

It is not fair nor does it show anyone respect towards anyone else who is being themselves on here or any website really unless it is an RPG forum and website then it is okay to be whoever they want to be.

I have no alter eego. I see no reason to either. I am me and always will be me.

Because BC and CG are so open about it they have my respect. All others do not right now.

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What happened? Who was ousted? no alter I am who I am which is Julianna or as many of you know Aevans. smile

6. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I wonder if Hubpages likes having the controversy.  Perhaps they think it keeps people entertained and is therefore good for keeping potential readers (clickers) on the site.  I can't seem to think of any other possible reason.

1. profile image0

Agreed.  Other possible reasons, too.  But won't go into it.

exactly, randy.  pageviews.  ad revenue.

1. profile image0

Post your proof Duck!

7. profile image0

Randy Cool avatar. what kind of snake is that?

A five foot kingsnake.  A hunter of other snakes.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

niiiiice Randy. I am a lover of snakes...shhhh don't tell the other people. they might think I'm weird lmao

Cool! I can send you some rattlesnakes I no longer need.LOL  The snake handling churches down here don't like them if they still have their fangs.HA!

1. profile image0

Coool You belong to one of the snake handling churches? and no thanks we have enough rattlesnakes out here in Cali. and lmao poor rattlesnakes without their fangs HAHA

2. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your new picture.  You remind me of Soleil Moon Frye in this pic smile.

1. profile image0

Thank yuo SweetiePie, I wanted to to get a pic up with me and my three babies...and I don't know Soleil Moon Frye...who is that?

1. SweetiePie profile image83

She used to be in Punky Brewster, one of my favorite shows in the eighties.  She is really pretty, and you remind me of what she looks like as an adult smile.

1. profile image0

OMG I use to watch Punky...That was her real name...huh.....now I remember her. big_smile

I like her first name Soleil because it is the French word for sun smile.

1. profile image0

Yep I just looked it up and yea that is the name...

8. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I agree with you, bluedog.  I think 2 profiles can be helpful for writing purposes, I get that.  And, some people are "out" about theirs, that's okay, too.  But, the people who use their double identities in the forums to "hide" and promote their hate or agendas, I LOATHE.

9. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

You started this lie you want to finish by posting the proof or are you just gonna try and scam everyone! I'm not going anywhere!

10. profile image0

Here you go this is my IP 24 28 64 215 see where it leads!

11. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

"actually, over the course of several weeks that guy has been allowed to spew hate, racism and bigoty, nightly, in the forums.  daytime as well, under the cover of deceit.   hubpages allows him to have his bully pulpit.  as has been mentioned frequently, it is because of people like him that this place will be dragged so far into the gutter it may never recover.  alter egos and dual personalities are fine, when they are handled in a manner such as frogdroppings, just to name one. they're upfront, out in the open, and anyone who's paying attention knows who they are.  but at the opposite end of that spectrum we're forced to deal with the absurdities of racism, cloaked behind fakes who would never show their real name in public.

the scorn and public ridicule directed his way is more than justified.  it is more than deserved.  hatred and racism are not games.  they are the guiding light for the shallow minds without soul.  there are those amongst us who will stand our ground against these pathetic losers,

these problems can be easily addressed, and corrected, by management.  for starters, if someone chooses to be a part of something, then make a contribution.  i'm not talking about a contribution of lies, deceit, hatred, and racism."

--Bluedog's post from another forum thread.

And yes, I find much truth in it.  HOWEVER, for whatever reason, they are allowing the trolls to stay.  Moreover, they are likely to ban anyone who takes offense to these trolls actions (that's what trolls do--they try to stir people up) and fight back...in the name of 'equal time,' I would imagine.  A not very subtle management style or differentiation, but what can I say?

Anyway, it really isn't about alter egos, but trolling and nasty, crazy meanness...often disguised as 'political debate.'  Those who truly engage know who they are (and Misha, I'm sure underneath your 'stance,' you know, too).  Several of Hubpages star writers have stated they are disengaging from Hubpages and the forums...and I know this personally, as well.

None of this, however, is up to me.  As I am well aware.

1. profile image0

Wheres the racism? can you show that too, disagreeing with Obama is not racism to normal people!

1. profile image0

You called me a hog, said I should be shot and barbecued, said I was slug and said I should go kill myself.  You also told me I was a stupid female twit and then turned around and also suggested I was really a man.

I'm really not interested in talking to you further whatsoever, frankly.  And will not.

1. profile image0

Never called you a hog or threatened to shoot you, you are a liar! Did call you a slug! Did say maybe you should kill yourself!  You are the most unbelievably neurotic woman I have ever seen post! BBQ you? WTF!!!

1. profile image0

Okay that is disgusting to tell someone that they should kill themselves? heartless and low!

1. profile image0

It was but I got mad about some crap she was spreading!

1. Colebabie profile image60
                Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you handle it like an adult. Is that really that difficult?

1. profile image0

I 'spread' nothing.  Believe I disagreed politically with one...and I would put it delicately (bluedog said it succinctly), I would consider, uh, narrow minded.  This is my real name and picture.  I work in PR.  I don't think it would be in my best interest to 'spread' in the same way the trolls present at this point on this forum do.

Anyway, I have made my point here, and I am busy as well.

Ciao, trolls.

Good luck with this post, BD-Lynn.

Lita is a very helpful person that looks out for others.  She has even encouraged several hubbers on this site to develop their writing talents, and to pursue it as a career.

There it is again, the famous 'insult and run' technique!

2. tantrum profile image60
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can understand that lol

3. profile image0

You shouldn't say things like that mad or not. It's crude and rude.

Yes you will.

12. profile image0

Blue Duck you are a liar and you're hiding in your own thread post your proof or admit the lie!

13. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Amusing little thread going on here. Now we are challenging fellow hubbers to prove they don't have an alter ego?

I've always been notoriously bad at figuring out who is whose mirror image or evil twin (aka alter ego).

So once again, can those of us who are completely and utterly in the dark (and not too proud to admit it) be advises who got outed?

1. profile image0

I don't mind alter egos.  I don't even mind funny alter egos stirring stuff up or presenting interesting points/issues.  There have been a few of those. wink

I do mind the nasty, severely problematic trolls.  They have crossed lines....and my threshold is actually fairly tolerant.

A little alter ego follow me around, and that is where I draw the line.  I could care less how many accounts people have, but they do not need to make others feel they are beholden to them either.  Blue Dog is a nice man that sticks up for the ladies, and I do not like to see him disparaged on this thread smile.

14. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I am too damn busy to be dealing with multiple accounts and personalities.

15. Colebabie profile image60

[looks around] Umm are we adults here?

1. Misha profile image63

Nope, everybody got crazy. yikes

Can I hide beneath your skirt? wink

Of course.
        (See, its called kindness... how about everyone else gives it a try?)

1. Misha profile image63

Thank you Ma'am, very kind of you ma'am. No please don't hide anybody else here, I wanna have it all to myself. wink

2. profile image0

LMAO

16. profile image0

This is my last word on this Blue Duck is lying and will not admit that fact! I did say some mean things to Lita who said just as bad things to me and others! I will not apologize to either one for anything I have said!! The offer is in Randy's email and if he wants to confirm my location he certainly can! Ryankett and Blueduck seem to have concocted this fairytale for their own pleasure, you can find this crap on several different forums here today!

The worst part is they have brought Manleypoetryman into this and he has never done anything wrong!

17. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

A Texan.Can I ask you a serious question?

Are you really JOE WILSON?

I ask because the word "liar" is new to the forums and has been introduced by you. The timing seems just a little too close.

Fess up, sir big_smile

1. profile image0

Nope Not Joe Wilson I called Blue Dog and Ryankett liars for starting this crap. I have no alter ego and they did it because I don't take their insults sitting down! If i post something they are right there to add their two cents!

18. Colebabie profile image60

No problem Misha. smile

Point being... 3rd graders result to name calling, an adult shouldn't be so juvenile. Think about it for a second. Ask yourself: Have I called a complete stranger a name? Accused someone of being something they may not be? Yes we all may think it. But to say it, especially when it is harsh and you don't truly know the person. Grow up. That's 3rd grade stuff.

1. profile image0

Actually sadly it begins in Preschool. I've heard plenty of kids calling other kids names at age 3...

It was just a reference smile

1. profile image0

aaaaa got ya! lol well now you can say preschoolers do it as a reference lmao

2. RKHenry profile image63
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like calling Misha names!lol

But he likes it wink A little too much...

2. Misha profile image63

Oh yeah, I remember this lol

19. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

sorry to have been away for so long, i've been looking for tk.  then someone told me he might be trolling over here.

tk, you out there??

what nerve.

1. profile image0

tk? okay which one is that? I don't do the whole nicknames of the nicknames yet lol

20. Colebabie profile image60

It isn't that someone is crazy if they don't agree with you. Going overboard with name-calling, attacks, etc. eh maybe a lil crazy...
    I think if you're trying to show your side, prove your point, or improve your argument... when you name call or personally attack someone you've just taken 10 steps back.

1. profile image0

Its interesting that both Blue Dog and lita do that but its always somebody else who is at fault!

I personally have never been attacked or name-called by either of them. I've never seen (not saying it didn't happen) that occur myself. There is a difference between insulting someone's intelligence and insulting someone personally. Saying "you are a moron" is a lot less offensive in my book. But some people need to learn to let things go as well and realize "Hey I don't know these people, I shut my laptop and they're gone!" and not take things so personally.

1. profile image0

I don't take it personally they do hence this thread, they love to dish it out but cannot take it.

actually, there has been more than a handful of us who have been taking it off of you for several weeks now, PAL. 

but on the positive side, you did inspire me to write another hub today...

2. profile image0

I agree with you there.

21. Colebabie profile image60

Tex- We usually name call when we get defensive, so if you are not taking it personally, why the name-calling?

1. profile image0

Because it pisses them off, stir the pot! Get it?

No I don't, sorry. If one gets pleasure out of pissing off people in an online forum, one may wonder about your real relationships.

22. Colebabie profile image60

Umm I had class this morning... so nope wasn't around. And I wasn't referring to you trying to prove your point, and when you label and name call you lose credibility.

1. profile image0

Off topic: How were your classes today?

Class was good. I had a 3-hour organic chemistry lab this morning. It was a workshop where we had to be silent and weren't allowed to ask any questions. I think I did ok though smile Thank you for asking.

1. profile image0

You couldn't ask question? Yea I could do that lol I never ask questions and my mom hated that because I would go home and not understand what I had to do for HW and stuff lol I was bad!

We had to complete the assignment in the lab. I had a few questions like "should this be in g or mg?" etc. But we just had to go with it!

1. profile image0

great learning experience that is for sure...sounds like an intersting class too

2. profile image0

I don't think you are as blind as you want me to believe, Lita Blue Dog call names all the time! Now they have gone over the line by bringing someone into this who has done nothing! Want to come after me then bring it, cowards involve innocents and blue dog knows it or he would post the proof!

I never said that accusing someone of something they didn't do was right. Like I said, I've never been called a name by either. And to me just because someone does something doesn't mean you should do it in return.

1. profile image0

Great, thats fine, Then I guess you are with me and will want to see the proof of Blue Dogs claim? http://hubpages.com/profile/manlypoetryman This is who he claims I am and this is not me, he knows it and is just after payback because he is mad that I don't go away! call for the proof or don't involve yourself anymore! Not wanting to be mean just do not like liars! Not you Blue Dog

1. profile image0

You know...if you want to stop this...you could always change your picture to a picture of you. then when they see that you are or aren't MPM they may leave you alone

1. Misha profile image63

won't work. there are plenty of pics available on the net, to any taste - nobody can tell if this is your pic or not smile

2. profile image0

What the hell does it matter what I have as an avatar? Does Mighty Mom really fly around in a cape? I don't want to use my face or picture isn't that OK?

1. profile image0

No it doesn't matter what you use as your avatar. I persoannly like your avatar but I was just trying to help.

1. profile image0

Thanks for that I have just received an email from the man I have been accused of being and he should be along shortly!

23. profile image0

I need to catch up on you hubs blue dog. I am sooo behind lmao

24. profile image0

That is true Misha...that is true...just trying to help smile

25. Colebabie profile image60

Tex- I understand being accused of something you didn't do/ or aren't is frustrating. But its really not a big deal. You know what you know, so let it goooooooooo

1. Misha profile image63

Wise well beyond the age, as usual. smile

I think that if some people put as much energy that they put into the forums into their own lives they wouldn't have any problems. But then they'd have nothing to write about sooooo.....

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Is it just an elaborate way of saying "get a life!"? lol

1. profile image0

I need a life! Anyone gonna give me one? LMAO lol

2. profile image0

Not until he admits he is lying to stir up trouble! I tell real stories about things that have happened to me in some of my hubs, I shouldn't be discredited because he is a liar! Misha is right no one knows if any of these picture or names are real! Why do I have to be held to a different standard?

It doesn't matter. Thats all I have to say.

1. profile image0

Thats fine!

26. kirwing profile image60
    kirwingposted 14 years ago

Well I was part of the confusion...I guess my own confusion as I hopped into the middle of something nasty. I'm Sterling Christianson, a newbie, and this is my pen name to play in this ARG game nobody seems to know anything about....Chris Marlowe II   any help?

1. profile image0

welcome to hubpages Kirwing!

27. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I have no idea what this clown is on about but if anyone wants to know if I'm someone else or not tell me how prove it. I have said numerous times I would post my picture but I don't no how. If you think my grammer is bad I'm way worse with computers. If it's that important show me how or you'll have to wait until my son comes home and he can do it.

Look theres plenty of name-calling going on, remember I'm the flim flam man, con man or any number of abbreviations I don't get. Hell my sons on the Hubs, hes just too busy to fool around all the time. Oh yeah, Colebaby you'll appreciate this he's currently in Analytical Chemistry, Bio-Chem and Physics II plus the associated labs thats why he doesn't mess on the Hubs much.

Need proof tell me how.

1. profile image0

I don't need proof but I would like to see your pic. on your profile it will ask you to change your profivel picture. You click on that, pick a picture from any picture you have saved on your computer and hit download. After that you crop it and then it'll be posted as your avatar. smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. profile image0

Hmmmm one guy who could totally help you is mtsi...but I don't think he is on right now. but if you still have the booklet for your camera and a certain cord then yes you can hook it up to your laptop and download the pictures into your computer....I wish I could help you more but I can't Sorry!

28. kirwing profile image60

My real name is Richard Wing...I'm from triond.com and use sterling christianson as a pen name because while on triond I was plagerized, pist, and started kind of getting involved with this "Game"   the picture is a photo I enhanced with a color and exposure variation of a victorian gatehouse in Millbrook, NY

1. profile image0

Ugh! I'm sorry you got plagerized, Kirwing. That is so uncool. and your pic is really pretty, very cool

29. Colebabie profile image60

Sneak- Yeah but he's a chem major. Chem isn't my friend. Chem is like that person in the group that no one likes. You deal with it, but only because you feel like you have to. (By the way, If you can't think of that person... you're the person.)

1. profile image0

Organic is the worst even his doctor said he sweated it out. He gets it. Look I appreciate anyone who thinks I might even be smart enough to pull some kind of computer majic but you'll be real disapointed to find out you know rocks smarter than me.

I got a B in organic 1. It isn't that I'm absolutely horrible at it, I just don't like it. smile

30. kirwing profile image60

Crazed writer..thank you

1. profile image0

You're welcome Kirwing. I hope you do have fun here and don't worry if anyone tries that on here there will be plenty of ppl who will jump on that other person's case and the hubteam is always ready to help out

31. Colebabie profile image60

I guess so Misha smile

32. kirwing profile image60

Crazed writer, do you know of this Chris Marlowe II fella' or Patrick Bernauw a famous playwrite from Belgium?

33. profile image0

Afraid not Kirwing...I'm not much into plays I'm afraid...

1. tantrum profile image60

He's fooling you ,or trying to spam some account in Bukisa

1. tantrum profile image60

Hi crazed !! lol

1. profile image0

Hey tanturm...ooo sorry I didn't see your psot a lot of ppl chatting in here now

34. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

This thread is all over the place!

35. kirwing profile image60

I'm really not either...it was started on triond...it directs one to hubpages with this bizarre article as a clue and your suppose to correspond with a story or article relative to what you know or learned playing....it's really bizarre and I doubt I'll pursue it other than this forum seems a bit more intellectual than trionds....actually a lot more civil and decent

1. profile image0

huh intersting...and yea it is civil...but sometimes it gets heated just to warn you.

36. kirwing profile image60

he's fooling me?

37. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Providing it is not 35mm camera wink

1. profile image0

Its an HP735.

1. Misha profile image63

LOL OK, sounds like a digital camera, right? It should have a special cable, that plugs both into your computer, and the camera. smile

38. kirwing profile image60

what's the point to all of this banter...let's chat about...aaahhh Hunter S. Thompson or Tim Leary....actually my photo is the entrance to the Daheim Estate where Leary launched his psychedelic revolution and Maynerd Ferguson, Jazz Great lived in that gatehouse

39. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 14 years ago

Hey guys, you've to check this out:

http://austrianeconomists.typepad.com/. … 970c-800wi

Too funny!

- NAW

1. Misha profile image63

LOL

1. profile image0

Misha, I appreciate you adding your opinions into this and recognizing the name calling goes both ways! I have been harsh with those two but they have done their name calling too! Anyway thanks for seeing both sides!

40. kirwing profile image60

Texan...Do you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder?

1. profile image0

nope retired and bored, but thanks for the concern

1. profile image0

I'm not retired too young for that but I'm bored! lol and melting too. stupid AC isn't working.

1. profile image0

Never too young to retire, where are you that its so hot, pretty cool in Central Texas where I am

1. profile image0

Good old Anaheim California...we are just NOW getting our darn summer weather...and soon will be approaching fire season. UGH!

1. profile image0

we had over 70 days of 100 degree heat here, tons of fun!

I love that kind of weather.  I can even walk in the middle of the day in the heat with plenty of water smile.  However, unlike most people I get cold easily.

1. profile image0

This is a humid heat you wouldn't like it

Yeah you are right, we are pretty dry and windy here.  It was nice the one day when it actually rained though.

2. SweetiePie profile image83

You are going to think I am weird because I love the Southern California heat.  It is my favorite time of year smile.  I am one of those who shivers up a storm in over air conditioned buildings, so I think I am different than most people living here.

1. profile image0

Nope what is weird is even when it is hot outside I will sometimes suddenly get very cold and get goosebumps. I don't know what causes it but I am starting to lean towards moer paranormal events for that one

41. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You are welcome. You realize this does not mean I approve of you doing the name calling, right? smile

1. profile image0

I do

42. profile image0

EWWWW...yea I don't do good in extreme heat or extreme cold lmao. I'm screwed aren't I?

Actually most people I know are like you.  I am the odd one because I like summer.  However, I would like it to rain here more, and I miss the snow we used to get in the mountains.  I hope they do get some good snow days up there this year.  Southern California has every thing though, mountains, deserts, the beach, which is why I love it here!

1. profile image0

love the mountains, love the desert...I'm the weird cali girl who hates the beach lmao I'll go don't get me wrong but I hate going to the beach

I really do not like the Los Angeles or Orange County beaches, but San Diego is beautiful!  I never used to understand why people loved working down there so, but then I got it when I had to spend a week down there at a conference.  The pines next to the beach at sunset were spectacular!

43. profile image0

Yes that is one thing I do enjoy at the beaches are the sunsets, especially when yuo watch the sun hit the horizon there is a green flash, very cool.

N-e-ways I'm off to bed. gnight peeps.

44. Gringoperry profile image60
    Gringoperryposted 14 years ago

Just to bring the thread a little further off topic (though I'm struggling to grasp what the topic was).  I would just like to introduce myself.  My name is gringoperry; and I hope to get to know y'all at some point.  In the meantime, happy posting folks!

45. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I noticed Lita had mentioned me re alter-egos, not that she was being mean in any way, she was using me as an example.

For the record, I have (now) three accounts on HP. This is the one I use, the others two are for satire and commercial purposes respectively.

They are secondary accounts, not sock-puppets. And only recently opened. I have no others or alter-ego personalities that post in the forums.

The only hubber I know that has an alter ego and uses both is Art. And as much as he kicks hubber butt at times, he often kicks his own more. Neither is he a troll. When he's cheesed of, he shoots from the hip - and uses either BC or CG, so you know who he is. Besides ... he's an irish laddie and the irish don't hide in a fight, you see them coming smile

Or was Lita meaning that I, me, myself - am a dual personanlity all in one body wink

46. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have got to stop sleeping at night, I miss all the good threads smile

All this about alter egos, I don't have the time or inclination to try and figure it out smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fancy doing a shared vigil UW? Shift pattern style? Wake each other up via skype or some such when an interesting or controversial thread appears? big_smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol   I left this thread last evening, when I realized - about one page in - that I was completely confused.  It appears it has been developing into "quite the thing" since then.  (I'm still not entirely sure who, if anyone, was "outed"  lol  )

47. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Lol, great if I didn't have to work smile

48. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

Things like this saddens me. I've been on the net since before windows was a gleam in Bill Gates' eye.

I've dealt with my share of trolls and as a result I back away and don't respond. I've glanced through the religion/politics forums and have chosen to avoid them completely. There is no place for a very politically liberal wicca.

I've used the handle Gemsong since the 90s. If you google it you'll find me.

My real name is Madalain. Google that and you'll really find me.

Gemsong is my writing mask. For the song of the gem has many facets... that hide the worlds within.

PS: that picture is really me. It's hard to find a picture of me with my eyes open.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have the right idea smile I try to avoid getting into arguments in the political forums but I don't seem to have the willpower...

2. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty name and pretty handle...Gemsong and Madalain...Nice!

1. Gemsong profile image62
        Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*blush* Thanks.

49. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

This thread is an example of the problems caused when trolls are allowed free reign on a site.  Otherwise sincere people suspect others of being trolls or they themselves are thought to be trolls.  I know because I've made the same mistake before and this isn't a pleasant experience either.

I have attempted to mediate between posters using PM and hope this helps end some of the animosity between members on this thread.  Unfortunately the trolls still troll.

50. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Personally I use two accounts, this one for writing poems and BadCompany99 for writing crap. But in all honesty one can't blame the poor lil trolls for all the problems on Hubs. There are some nasty lil peeps on the site who use just one account.

As for people on here hiding behind an alter-ego, jeeez I know of at least 20 who do and if most on here can't spot them then I guess I am not that silly of a cabin girl as I thought.

I just wish I had a dollar for every time I have read an alter-ego thread, it's like a sodden broken record.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)