jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Hubpages Forums - Another nail in the coffin.

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

In my humble opinion, with the addition of the new categories in the Entertainment forums (ie Sexy Pictures and Videos) the Hubpages forums are now totally useless as a discussion medium.

The listing of forum posts used to be a great way of keeping up with a whole range of interesting topics.

At present, they're almost exclusively a mixture of the religious rants of the day and various stuff about Indian actresses.

But the number of forum posts are sure to leap, and the usage and traffic graphs are going to look fantastic. And ultimately, that's what it's all about now at Hubpages.

Have fun guys.
    Eric G.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Indeed it is a sad day for HubPages. For me it'll be remembered as the day it died.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I don't quite get  the fascination either but whatever floats their boat tongue just click on the forums listed on the left-side of the forums page to find *specific* forums wink helps a lot.

3. torimari profile image70
    torimariposted 8 years ago

Well, I've only seen today this mass invasion of indian actress spam-one is fine, but does every damn movie need a topic.

But, yes, the mere week I've been here has been just religious or atheist forum bollocks.

Forget quality hubs or forum discussions, let's beat a dead horse mercilessly over and over again about Bible verses and interpretation.

Why talk about anything else?

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Paul Deeds just posted today that we'd be able to filter the forums so we could focus on things that interest us. Maybe this will get rid of all of the clutter and irritations for each of us.

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's welcome news.
      Many of us have been asking for that facility for ages.

(And I hope that HubPages are ready with a few new servers to handle the volume of image files!)

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully that will happen VERY soon.

1. arun kuruvilla profile image77
        arun kuruvillaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It will, if hubpages team didnt apply restrictions on that hot Picture gallery hubs.

5. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

I really look forward to it.  Thanx Paul.

working