Write 100 Hubs in 20 days.

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Jesse-James profile image59
    Jesse-Jamesposted 14 years ago

Is there a challenge like this in any place, to write one hundred hubs in 20 days. 100 in 30 days has been done so is it time yet to up the stakes?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, please no!  There was a 100 Hubs challenge and it was a complete pain in the a$$.  That's why the new 30 Hubs in 30 days has a more moderate goal, has no start and finish dates, and isn't a competition between Hubbers - it's more of a challenge to yourself.

By all means, write 100 Hubs in 20 days if you like, but remember - if you want your Hubs to make money, they have to be quality Hubs.  Can you really write 100 GOOD Hubs in 20 days?

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, we're talking 5 Hubs in 1 day.  It takes me a few hours to write a Hub (2 hours minimum) and if its going to be one of good content, I very much doubt this is possible.

I actually think you can't do it - unless you are writing approx 300 Words a Hub which I call a Mini-Hub.

Speaking for myself though, Good Luck. May the Hub Force be with you. smile

3. Ryan Hupfer profile image62
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that makes me tired just thinking about it. If you can possibly pull this off while still writing good stuff, I say go for it. Me, on the other hand, I think that I would turn into a very, very bad person to be around after a couple of days if I tried this.

4. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hubs are small and inadequate and take me about 3-5 hours each to write, that'd be 5 per day so I'd have to sacrifice on what is already poor quality, or ... well, I can't think what else could be done, except drugs to keep me awake.

5. profile image0
      martini90posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is. In London UK , British National Library there is a comptetion on 25th of December 2035 to write the hubs. If you want to participate you must should apply within 10 days. As very few places left.

2. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

Wow - that would be tough for me... I have so much other work to do on a daily basis - it would be fun - but tough...

3. Jesse-James profile image59

I was just thinking about it. As much as I have to do in a full day of work and other things like that. I think I can pull it off. And I don't mean any kind of stupid gimmick hubs or anything I mean actual substantial hubs.

4. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Are you kidding me.  Im sure there are some who could do it bit I know with me and time commitments to so much else this would be impossible.

Good luck to those who try though.

5. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

Good Luck Jesse James!

6. Jesse-James profile image59

Thanks. I'm not kidding. I think even still with all I have to do I can pull this off. Material alone would be a bit of a problem but if I let my mind wander I think I'd be perfectly okay. I'm not going to shoot for it now probably the 1st of October I'd start. Thanks All though. I love a challenge.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking you are going to need to increase your first week pace a bit.

7. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

It can be done, but it would be tough for most.  I'm doing a 45 hubs in 30 days of September challenge right now myself.  I'll set a new challenge for myself the first of October.

8. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

I could do a hundred in 24 hours if I put my mind too it.

I would write a 100 interesting topics on a sheet of paper, then make a 500word hub on each, with pictures etc on each hub when neccessary.

A hub only takes 10 minutes to make and that's a good hub not a gimmicky one if you're doing them fast.

It doesn't add up the 100 Hubs if all them aren't proper hubs with no gimicky fillers.

1. darkside profile image67
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

100 in 20 days would be pushing it. 100 in 24 hours? I'm not even going to comment.

My suggestion is you see how you go with 30 quality hubs in 30 days.

Once you've done that, up the ante.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you could do 100 hubs in 24 hours, but if you are going to be generating fake traffic to those hubs - as advocated in one of your current hubs - you will find yourself without an adsense account. I can guarentee that not 1 of those 100 hubs would be a "good hub". Maybe by your standards, but go to the 'Hubbers' tab..... and then look at the best hubs of the best hubbers. And then tell me that you can do anymore than 5 hubs of that quality in 24 hours.

9. Ronaldos profile image59
    Ronaldosposted 14 years ago

You want to write 100 hubs in 30 days? Please tell me more. I would gladly join you on this one.

10. .Ninna. profile image60
    .Ninna.posted 14 years ago

Wow, that will be really challenging. That challenge is pretty steep, that's around 5 hubs a day. If you have all the time to spare, I suppose you could do it. Good luck to you! I wish I had that much time! smile

11. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I'm not usure i would want to take you up on a challange like that. Too much work and time involved. I've got a rhythm going at the moment which suits me Two hubs a week on average (sometimes more, sometimes less. So that a hundred in a year which seems like a reasonable goal to me.

Each one I resarch, find good keywords, write and promote so its not just the writing that is important.

12. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

The best you should do is 3 hubs per day which translate to 60 hubs in 20 days. Anything greater than that may make you hate hubpages.

13. cally2 profile image60
    cally2posted 14 years ago

I'm keen for a challenge but 100 hubs in 20 days sounds like full time work to me. I'd love to work full time on hp but kids, wife and a mortgage might have something to say about that.

14. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Whatever you do the whole idea of writing hubs is to make your writing experience here interesting and not boring with doing so many hubs at the same time.

15. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hehehe no please very taxing... well this can be good for fulltime blogger...

16. Roffi Grandiosa profile image61
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 14 years ago

that's too much!

17. karmen88 profile image59
    karmen88posted 14 years ago

That's alot of hubs. I did my first 4 in a day so that would put me at around 80 in 20 days. I doubt I'll be able to keep that pace up though.

18. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I love challenges. BUT not 100 in 20 days. Even if i had nothing else to do, its too many hubs.
    Hubs with pictures only maybe, but i dont do those since they wont earn me money!

19. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

There is no way I could do 100 hubs in 20 days.  It takes me about 3 hours a hub.  I just couldn't see it.  But if you want to challenge yourself that way.......good luck!

20. pisco profile image61
    piscoposted 14 years ago

Even if i had those 20days on vacation i dont think i would pull it off, and even if i did i would spend the next 2 months correnting them smile

21. profile image50
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Robbing trains sounds easier Jesse James !

22. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Just thinking about it, if I had 100 articles all done and sitting here waiting to be published, I don't think I could claim, select categories, pick tags, grab capsules, copy and paste content, add one image to each and publish 100 hubs in 24 hours.

I suggested before to first try 30 hubs in 30 days. I think if you're REALLY wanting to challenge yourself then 30 hubs in 30 hours would be the next goal.

1. profile image0

And that is still a ludicrious number. Quality over quantity, as I am sure you will agree Darkside. It takes me 20 minutes to find keywords worth writing about sometimes. In fact, it would probably take me 24 hours to find enough decent keywords for 100 hubs, at least keywords that I could realistically write about to any degree of quality whatsoever.

How long does it take you to do your capstone hubs? For example, your greek gods series? Considering they are all very closely related. You are a hubber that does everything necessary to ensure that your hub has a chance of income through well selected keywords, so if we use that as the quality benchmark (not considering backlinks), how long would it take you to do a 15 part Capstone series from the very start to the very finish? If you worked as hard as possible.

I will take that as the benchmark for maximum possible output at sufficient quality......

1. darkside profile image67
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Greek Philosophers took me months and months. I just plodded along. Roman Emperors were quicker, but it still took a couple of months. Though I wasn't pushing myself.

The Australian animals I did one per day. Not as big a subject as the other too though, so it was easier. I imagine if I were to push hard and not allow the quality to suffer I could do 15 hubs of the same calibre in one week. Because a person has to allow things like: doing the shopping, some household chores, sleep, and so on.

If it were a life and death situation I wouldn't want a gun pointed to my head and be told to do 30 hubs in 24 hours. But who knows, I might just find something extra and pull it off (though it'd probably be easier to disarm the person holding the gun). But 100 in 24 hours is crazy talk.

Could a Sexy Picture Hubber do 100 in 24? Probably (and I don't want anyone taking up that challenge). But once words are thrown in you've got to bring your A game.

1. profile image0

I did 4 hubs in one day. Well actually it was 9am - 2am the next day. I considered them to be high quality. BUT..... I could hardly function for 2 days after, smelt pretty bad, smoked about 30 fags, my eyes hurt, and I generally didnt feel too good afterwards. But 1 a day on most topics is comfortable, so I agree completely with that.

23. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Good luck to you - guess it can be done - but would the passion of your writing  still be there? - for me if I were to write that fast - I would lose the me in my writing - just doing the 30 day hub challenge I think I'allready losing a bit of it - my writing dosn't seem to be my very best -

1. profile image50
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said !

24. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Thank you ! Maybe well said - but the spelling sucked LOL

1. profile image50
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The meaning is what counted though and that shone through !

25. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Friggen eh,  now all I need to do is get me a 3 day ban by saying things I shouldnt and I could write 300 hubs.

Come on that is ridicoulous that anyone would even say they could write that many hubs in 24 hours.

26. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

But Ryan, I would say that writing good quality 100 hubs in 20 days if next to impossible. Many of them will give you visits for initial one to two days, but what is the use of creating such hubs which will not rank well in the search engines. When I started with hubpages around 2 or more years back, I did the same and those hubs which I did are showing zero visits every day, so I have changed my mind and will go for writing articles which will give me long-term visits plus revenue.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I may be wrong but I would have to agree with you. I have managed 3 in one day and it was tough making sure my content was rich and my SEO was up to standard. It takes me a good few hours per hub. Don't get me wrong I could produce 20 hubs in one day but I doubt they would get much traffic or earn me good money. I am willing to give this a go just as an experiment to see if it can be done.

27. delungleapero profile image33
    delungleaperoposted 14 years ago

i'm new, but i'd try it, providing i get something in return.

28. shanekruger profile image59
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

We should focus on quality content

29. JulietduPreez profile image69
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

I couldn't even if I had 12 hours a day to spend on it. It takes me at least 3 or more hours to research and write one hub.

30. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

You're on - today I've posted 40 hubs.

Granted it is only because a load got unpublished by Hubpages when I was banned...

But now they are published again =]

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)