jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What happens when you click Share with Followers on an older hub?

1. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

What happens when you click Share with Followers on an older hub?

I am going back and working out some of the bugs on some of my older hubs. Trying to make them better. What happens when you click the share button, and then click Share with Followers. I did that, but I can't tell what happens. The action isn't in my hubtivity so I don't know what it did.

2. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

I think it goes to all of you contacts.You can also share it with  facebook, tweeter,and other sites.

3. trecords0 profile image58
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Check your twitter, FB, and Google + accounts.  Your actions should show up there if you have linked those accounts to HubPages.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

You simply share, and  hope for increase in traffic. Share with followers does not give you an automatic list, or who read the hub.

5. Geonews profile image54
    Geonewsposted 6 years ago

i think when you click on share with the followers on the old hubs it shares again with all your followers and if they want they visit again your old post and see your hub again...

6. HikeGuy profile image77
    HikeGuyposted 6 years ago

When you click "share with followers" it adds the hub to the feeds of your followers on HubPages. This is a separate action from tweeting a hub or using other outside services.

In a recent discussion on the forums (November 2011), a hubber raised the issue of hubbers who use this feature a lot. Some people opt to unfollow hubbers who "overshare."

Based on what I've seen in my own feed, when hubbers do this too often, it clutters the feed. The consensus seems to be it's okay to share a substantially revised hub -- just use this feature sparingly.

One of the best uses of this feature is to share a deserving hub by another hubber with your followers.

7. cheatlierepeat profile image85
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

Great point hike guy. I am fairly new here and have noticed my feed cluttered a few times with people sharing one hub after another. You raise a good point because it was something that started annoying me. It felt like everytime I signed in that my other "reads" were being bullied by the over-sharing of a few hubbers. I like to try and read hubs by all the people I follow and it can get frustrating scrolling past one person sharing 10 of theirs own in a row. Definitely a feature to use with caution in my opinion. Or maybe I was just moody that day lol.

8. NiaG profile image91
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I was just looking for an answer to this because I accidentally hit the share button and it told me it went out to all my followers. I thought, Oh no! It seems a bit invading. Unless of course like someone said, you want it revisited if you updated it or maybe if you've gained a bunch of new followers and want them to see something they might have missed.

9. profile image49
    sidramalik100posted 6 years ago

i am also facing the same problem here so thanks user they adjust here