whats wrong with hub pages.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (50 posts)
  1. nutan.goel profile image56
    nutan.goelposted 14 years ago

score decreasing day by day and no traffic.

1. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you improved the quality of your hubs? Because last time we spoke about it they sucked.

Oops! Occasionally I am harsh and abrupt.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chill... Unless you have suicidal tendancies.. There are plenty of things you can do to improve you presence and your marketability.

No: 1 - Get an avatar urgently. Everyone has told you this, yet it hasn't registered.  First impressions are important; you write well yet you appear on screen like a spammer.

No: 2 - If you are going after new fans; show us who you are.
      No: 3 - If you are going after new fans; Actually read their hubs and leave an appropriate comment which motivates them to respond to you and more importantly: shows that you are genuine.
      (keep in mind.. your site shows Your movements!)

No: 4 - You have, with this site, the ability to make your work visually attractive instead of Blank (which demonstrates your pride in the work that you create - amoung other things!) So, try illustrating your work.

No: 5 - Write an interesting Bio. Yours, like everything else; is Blank!! That is what others see if they Google you.... An Empty Space!!  Surely, that is not what you wish to be? hmm

Sorry if you do not appreciate Directness; but you just fanned Me; with the comment: "nice hubs - hows mine?" Now you know smile

Make some positive adjustments and you will do OK...

2. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 14 years ago

You might want to consider that there's nothing wrong with HubPages but that your Hubs might need some improvement.

I wrote a Hub about Improving Your HubScore that you might like to read.

3. John Z profile image68
    John Zposted 14 years ago

no, i agree with nutan.  my hubscore is changing and my adsense is continueing to increase but my stats are the same as they were three days ago.  my stats are not being updated.

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's true--It's been going on for a few days now, and they are supposedly working on it...There are a couple forum posts about it, too.

Hang in there nutan.goel--I read your poetry hub--it is really good, and I'm a new fan! smile

1. nutan.goel profile image56
        nutan.goelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for liking my poetry.if it is gud,then why not other people are likin it

It takes time to get fans, and get your work seen on here.  When I first started, I didn't get many comments, if that's what you're wondering about. 

But keep writing, and reading and commenting on others' hubs, and that'll get your name and work out there!  Good luck! smile

4. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

lol lol lol

1. dohn121 profile image78
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. thranax profile image71
        thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wink
        ~thranax~

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

1. viryabo profile image95
            viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad sad

1. Misha profile image65
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tongue

1. thranax profile image71
                  thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0040.gif
                  ~thranax~

5. wnelson profile image61
    wnelsonposted 14 years ago

I haven't seen any changes to my stats if a few days either.  Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

6. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 14 years ago

This may come as a revelation to some of you, but the stats issue is just a reporting one. 

HubPages isn't able to report traffic due to a server issue.  There's nothing wrong with the actual pages, or the ability of people to find them.

But...the only way some people may know if they get any hits is to check their account page--that's most likely where they are keeping track--I know I do.

And do you ever say anything in a nice way? Sheesh.

1. relache profile image66
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't you interpret what I said as joking or friendly-teasing?  Sheesh...

Joking or friendly?  Sorry, I just don't see it, but if you do, then fine. smile

1. sunforged profile image75
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ive never caught the joking or friendly vibe from her either, the time comment doesnt cut it in my book ...if you choose to read and choose to respond you can also choose to put some effort into your two sentence responses.

On the flipside, many help threads are the same tired questions over and over again, but who are we to judge others people experience and knowledge in this minuscule sub section of life . Im willing to bet many newcomers dont know about the search function in the forum, or even dont know what they are searching for.

To throw in an important positive note, you can always expect accurate information from relache, while many of the more vocal and verbose forum participants are fond of spreading misinformation and untested theories (which they believe to be true)

2. darkside profile image59

I'm looking at those sheeshes and Relache's sheesh is full of bitterness and angry keystrokes and TamCor's sheesh is lighthearted and bereft of angst.

Relache! Please be careful how you sheesh! Your foul mood is really coming through!

But seriously, when I read Relache's words, I imagine her with a raised eyebrow, a bit of a smirk, and a friendly tone. I have seen people think that she's harsh and abrupt, but then again that has often been thought of me too.

One thing that can't be denied though, if Relache takes the time to say something, it's worth reading and absorbing.

1. relache profile image66
              relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside, if I ever get to Australia, I'm taking you out for a drink even though I don't drink myself.

We can go out and not drink together! (I don't drink either, though a local winery makes a white port which is the nectar of the gods, and I love wine in cooking.)

2. BJC profile image69
          BJCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't come across as rude - just matter of fact.

2. Misha profile image65

You can address the same to me Tamcor. It really gets annoying when after several days and several dozen threads on the same topic people keep posting about this over and over. It's just about respect for other's time, you know. smile

Well, then why not just not answer?  I just don't see the need to be unfriendly. sad

2. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... I think for whatever reason, it's about not yet being savvy about how to navigate HP.  Lessons learned, when I noticed my stats frozen this weekend, I did go to the forums and found posts about the problem.  I also patiently answered that same question last night about 4 times from the question bank.  And I only rolled my eyes a tiny smidge.  I was happy to do this to assist those in need, and free up the super hubbers for more serious problems and adventures.  Fell down on the job a bit today while HubMobbing. 

For those concerned about new hub stats, I agree.  I believe that the lack of counts for page views is negatively impacting scores.  My 2 newest hubs, from 20 and 21 Sept, hubscores are not climbing as would be typical for my hubs.  And no I absolutely do not think it is a difference of the quality of content.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm feeling pretty disheartened, too. I have 113 hubs, a hubscore of 93 (at the moment), and lots of SEO keywords that I researched. I've made ZERO today. I was hoping it was just a glitch with HP, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any advice? Most of my hubs are new. Could that possibly be the problem? Thanks!

I'd have an image to accompany each hub. That way when I see your page http://hubpages.com/profile/habee I'm not seeing your profile pic next to "Halloween Gift Ideas" and "Scary Films".

Your "Scary Films" hub I'd have each review in a separate Text capsule, with an Amazon capsule positioned on the right hand side (toggle width right). To help make a more attractive layout.

Change the title of your Comment Capsule too. Maybe "What's your favorite scary movie?"

Other than the smaller details like that, just make sure all your content is original and interesting (which it seems to be at a glance). You can actively promote your hubs, but if Search Engines index you and rank you highly you'll get the quality organic traffic that makes you money.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When you say you made "Zero today" do you mean you checked your adsense earnings and they were zero, or do you mean your page views were zero? If it is the latter then the cause of this problem is explained in the posts, and we are all experiencing the same problem. If it is the former then the advice you have been given by Darkside is great advice. Good luck, and don't lose heart either way, it just takes time and patience, and it was well over 9 months before I even received my first payout from Adsense. smile

1. Misha profile image65

Always voice of reason, Cindy smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww, thanks Misha, I know I can always rely on you wink

8. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I guess you are an angel TamCor. Us humans can tolerate only so much usually, and after some arbitrary number of ignored posts we do answer. smile

9. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

and it wont take you very long to read or absorb, searching through the link to FAQ's or TOS's can be rather time consuming though

10. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Sheesh Tammy!  I told you not to break HubPages rule No. 1.....(Don't poke the narcissistic star belly sneeches)

Being rude is so cool! cool

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Would someone - anyone - PLEASE respond to my question posted above? Pretty please?

12. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

relache was the first one to answer my newbie questions.  For that, I'm forever grateful.  I see her as straight to the point, that's all.  She always takes the time to answer the Need Help? Ask Here posts...  smile

But she's been rude . Not that i care, really. she knows what I think  about her answers, because I told her myself. Anyway i think she's very intelligent and I'm sure a good person

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the written word is a poor gauge for revealing motives, however.  It lacks facial expressions, tones, and all nonverbal language we utilize to make judgments about people.  This is one reason I avoid extremely sensitive subjects with loved ones in email.  More often than not, they're misunderstood.  I've read her responses, she can be terse, but I see it more as straight to the point, non "fluffy", and generally for the good of the poster. 

Good to see you back, Tantrum.

Good 2 C U 2 ! smile  And Relax, Relache ! big_smile

2. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree WS re:  not having the benefits of language pragmatics in email, posts etc.  I wind up spending way too much time reviewing what I write for that reason. 

Sorry relache.  I fanned you, I've found a lot of help in your How To Hub hubs, and appreciate many of your answers in the forums.  But I find you to be unnecessarily abrupt a lot, at least for my taste.  But then I am an occupational therapist, and we are too warm and fuzzy for a lot of people's taste.

13. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Lets put it this way.  I have only been here for coming on 4 months and I do have to admit when people start the same threads over and over and dont take time to see this thread has already been started does get annoying when the answer is there already.

Can you imagine people like Relache and Darkside who have been here forever who have seen this kind of stuff forever.  I know when Darkside or Relache say something I listen.

I have sensed frustration out of both of them at times but I also know I have learned a ton from them.

14. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Darkside. I know I need to do some re-arranging on my hubs, but I'm technologically challenged and am still learning the ropes! I really do appreciate your feedback!

15. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

relache has a heart of gold, and is clear and succinct in her replies.

She is one of many kind hearted and experienced hubbers who support newbies on hubpages.
    I am sure she never means to be abrupt, she is a very real sweet person.

16. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

its messed way up

17. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Too many liberals and foreigners and no refreshments.(I'm kidding!)

18. nutan.goel profile image56
    nutan.goelposted 14 years ago

hubpages is again back to normal guys...cheers

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)