How Often Do You Check Your Adsense Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

When I first started with adsense a few years ago I would refresh the dam page every 5 minutes to still see the same zero.

Then when I started earning a little bit I would refresh every 2 minutes.  Trust me it was hell.

Now I check on the 15th and the first.  Like tommorow will be checking my September earnings.

I will also go in if I am adding a link or something.

Just curious to see how much other people check their earnings.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I first started with online marketing a few years ago, I was on several times a day checking.  All of my sites are earning at a decent rate without much effort now but when I joined HP I found myself reverting back to my old habits. It took me a few months to kick it but now I check once a week.

I just finished a 2 week break from HP and today was the first time I checked.  Adsense earnings from HP are up a bit and so is the traffic.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow good for you Richard ,welcome back smile

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

About 5 times a day.....

3. profile image0

Joint highest ever day for me today though.... and are still 9 hours of this day left.

So for the last hour, about once every 5 minutes, just to see if this becomes my record day. I only need a 1 or 2 cent click for this to be my best adsense day so far big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Am rootin' ryan smile

2. Dale Mazurek profile image61
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be sure to let us know how it goes.  Its always great for new Hubbers to see people doing so well like yourself

4. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

Every Day at least lol

5. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Once a week, I used to get caught up and obssess about stats and one day just thought, I'm wasting time here doing this every 5 minutes, so I check adsense and in fact all of my affiliate stats on the same afternoon(Sunday afternoon to be precise!)

1. Dale Mazurek profile image61

This is a great idea.  Sometimes I never look at my affiliate stats for weeks and weeks and I know thats bad just in case something isnt doing well. 

Might have to do something like that.

6. stuart747 profile image60
    stuart747posted 14 years ago

I don't think you need to check all the time, I prefer to keep it as long as possible so that way you get to see bigger results

7. lbtrader profile image60
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

Great discipline...I have the same problem.

So far I'm getting regular paychecks but it's a fraction of what a real middle class person makes.

Lots of hype in the digital realm.

I have a goal to check only once a year and to put my payout at 12 months.

Along with my forex and this should put me just below the poverty line.

Now I have to be real and consider that Obama won't pull the plug on the Inet, that the world won't decide to peg all currencies, that hupgages won't fold over and leave me wondering why I spent another year of my life working for nothing,....you get the point.

Why does God not intervene in the minds of people and have them all go to my hubs and click me to a million.....

Wait I'm turning this into a religious thread....

Better....better....stop.top.op.p...........

8. pageantgirl31413 profile image75
    pageantgirl31413posted 14 years ago

I check at least every day. I'm still excited to see that I'm making at least a few cents a day. smile

9. profile image0

DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't a click, it was a paid impression (I have a hub which seems pay on every single impression!)

My highest adsense day..... it is only actually about $5, but it was $3.50 yesterday....

Basically, I am earning at enough to exceed monthly payout. So I am happy with that.

1. profile image49
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way to go mate !

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers buddy, just warming up before I unveil my $100 a day hubs lol

2. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Very, very cool, and congrats

10. steffer profile image61
    stefferposted 14 years ago

I check my adsense about 2 times a day, ones in the morning, and one time, around 8 o'clock in the evening.

Still haven't had a $1 day, but my monthly revenue is increasing, so i'm happy.

Want to click my ads?????????

1. lbtrader profile image60
      lbtraderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy...lol

In Canada miners make no less than 60k annually. Rn's make more. I have seen my forefathers labor through 5 generations of mining and I have come shiat close to having a RN degree but was kicked in the shin for not being good enough....

1 dollar a day pales to my 6....

get a life.

11. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Still every day but after intense therapy I hope to get that down a bit.

12. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I shamefully admit that I check mine 3-5 times a day still.  The last couple of days I've had some of my highest daily earnings (just under $3) and am less than $25 away from my first payout! 

My goal is to make at least the payout amount per month (if not much, much more), but it's too soon .... need to keep writing!

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Once a day. But then it is my major income stream. smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I was wondering what time is the Google Adsense Time , I mean Im on Eastern Time, what time zone are they on , does anyone know?? smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pacific. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im pretty sure they are PST, they are in mountainview, ca.

I check my stats at all times, I have a tiny meter in my firefox browser window that updates every 15 minutes,

its called the whydowork.com adsense monitor

always working the herd..I love that about you.

15. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Too often lol. Its like reading the reports from the track to see if your bid won. Or its like reading the public transport train schedule on those small monitors, with a feeling you need to run all the way from track 3 to track 14 in 3 minutes or be stuck there till morning!

~thranax~

16. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I go into adsence alot - still trying to figure the damned stuff out - but if I wasn't doing that I wouldn't check often cause it can get quite  boring when your just startin out

I gotta say if that is a real pic or you in your avatar then you sure are perty...

1. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww... thanks , its a real one - my daughter took it and changed it to black and white ...and posted it up here - she loves to mess with my pics... teek em out - sometimes she really makes me look stupid.. I just let her do it what-ever....she's havin fun ...glad you like it , thanks

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

heres an example:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sunforged/adsenseexampleshot.jpg

the numbers on the right are the same stats you would see in your adsense page normally, i obscured some data, to stick within the guidelines, and those stats certainly arent only from hubpages.

In case your interested those other icons are  seo tools, keyword spy, seo for firefox and Rank checker

the little bug is firebug which is used for web design, you can deconstruct any webpage with it

18. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I love Firefox ,used to have it my other computer. That is so cool sunforged ,that lil stats thingy -woohooo smile

19. Maira818 profile image71
    Maira818posted 14 years ago

i check at least 10 times a day.  i dont earn much...somedays are zero, some are up to 50 cents.

20. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

i check it about once a week

21. blaise25 profile image73
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

When I log in to Hubpages, I check my Adsense afterwards. I guess it became a routine lol

22. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I check about twice a day as I am getting nearer to the $100. My first full month with AdSense ended today and I hit $70 which went way over my estimate that I wanted. It has given me more incentive to work harder.

23. whydowork profile image53
    whydoworkposted 14 years ago

note to users of the whydowork plugin - there's an update for it in the sandbox. Google has made some login tweaks so we had to change it slightly. You can grab the new version here: http://tinyurl.com/wdw-adsense-1-2

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)