jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it so hard to get Fan Mail?

1. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Why is it so hard to get Fan Mail?

It appears that many people rank low in fan mail response numbers on their accolades, and no matter how long they've been on hubpages.  Why aren't people ranking their fellow hubbers much, while leaving fan following responses, does anyone know? Do you truly give credit where its due?

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

I have writing experience, so I have no problem encouraging others to write.  Maybe people  feel that I am too generous with the "useful," "awesome," and "interesting".  This is all we have to work with.  If you get my attention, and your work is interesting, why shouldn't I tell you why I like it?  Why shouldn't I give you a vote up?  But that's me.  Sometimes people will answer me with a "Thank you for being kind."  No, I'm not being kind.  If I like what I read, I usually bookmark it and give thanks where thanks is due.  I am hoping, by doing this, the writer will be encouraged to write more articles.  Simple as that.  I can't speak for the others.

3. Awful Poet profile image76
    Awful Poetposted 6 years ago

Those who post fan mail , Receive it.
    And as for scores and accolades
    The same would apply, Rather simple.

4. grandmapearl profile image89
    grandmapearlposted 6 years ago

Encouraging others, using the voting system and ranking hubs as interesting, useful, etc.  Isn't that what a good online writing community is all about?  If the Hub I'm reading motivates me, I will definitely respond.   I use fan mail when the Hubs I have read warrant it.   Just my opinion.