Pirate and Other Alter Ego Status chart

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 61 discussions (244 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

As a sometime visor to these forums I'm thoroughly confused, and would appreciate if someone could bring me up to date with all the stuff that's happening across about 10 threads.

Here's what I think is the state of play so far:

1. Badco and Pirate girl are going to leave.
    2. Healthtips and 13 arrive as replacements.

3. Badco and pirate girl are not going to leave.

4. Healthtips and 13 are leaving.

5. Healthtips and 13 are back.

6. Badco and Pirate Girl are leaving again.

7. No, they're back.

8. Someones going.

9. Someones back again.

It's all too much for my tired old brain. Because this is such important and vital information, could we please have some reliable reporters to update this thread with the latest happenings in the forums?

NBS, CBS, ABC, BBC, and Perez Hilton will be monitoring this thread, and the world awaits further developments.

At last count, Badco and Pirate girl are still posting.

Thanks,
    Eric G.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

BULLETIN:  WE INTERRUPT YOUR NORMALLY SCHEDULED HUB FORUM POSTING TO BRING YOU THIS LATE BREAKING NEWS REPORT:

(Are we rolling?  We're rolling?  Yes?)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/jducey2/Jerusalem2007/IMG_4284.jpg

Eric, I'm here at HubPages forum, where I've spent quite a bit of time in this usually peaceful community.  It is no news to long-time participants of this community that alter-egos claiming to be pirates have long existed here.  While these individuals (under the guise of famous, not-so-famous, and infamous pirates) have long co-existed with non-pirates on Hub forums; and while they occasionally drop the pirate lingo in order to communicate with other community members; their presence on the forums has occasionally been the focus of controversy.  These long-time community members have enjoyed a number of loyal fans and friends.  The pirates have been known to come and go and return but then go again, often leaving in their wake several Hubs.  At the same time, some leaving has resulted in the removal of Hubs and the changing of names.  Reliable witnesses say that the end of the week often brings more pirate activity.  Observers have seen community members who claim to bring popcorn to some of the pirate shows (as well other shows performed on the Hub forums).  Whether or not popcorn is, in fact, really brought to these shows has not been corroborated; and viewers should keep in mind that "reliable witnesses" can be a rare find on Internet forums.   

Witnesses say that the community was rocked and shocked this week, when long-time and well liked Hubbers, Brenda Scully and redneckwmn, mysteriously disappeared.  One pirate was implicated in the disappearance of Scully, however, questions were raised when Scully mysteriously re-appeared under another name.  Several suspicious Hubbers were said to be seen lurking around threads involving Scully's disappearance.  Hidden among the threads associated with redneckwmn was a comment that one of the pirates may, in fact, also be another Hubber, who once went by the alias of "redneckmn".  (Editorial note:  Do the math, but keep in mind that 2 plus 2 may not always add up to 4.  More to the point, just because redneckwmn and redneckmn would appear to be the male/female versions of the same "redneck", there remains the distinct possibility that the two may not be connected and that, instead, a pirate may have stolen the redneck identity from another Hubber.)

Witnesses say that two newcomers, Healthtip and 13, have raised little suspicion, in view of the disclosure of their association with the pirates; however, some witnesses were surprised to discover that Brenda Scully's avatar showed up, being used by a poet of another name, who eventually, reportedly, and allegedly admitted to, in fact, being Brenda Scully.  When asked whether there was reason to doubt that the new poet was indeed Brenda Scully, one witness asked, "Who the hell knows?"

I had the opportunity to interview long-time, long-winded, and yet (presumably) reputable Hubber, Lisa HW (who happens to be myself and who admits to writing under a pen name while claiming to be otherwise as truthful as the day is long, which is what made the opportunity so readily available, of course). 

Ms. HW, who admits to being the victim of the occasional troll, sockpuppet, or creative person (she isn't sure at this point whether there's really much difference), also admits to being suspicious of several other Hubbers as a result.  Being careful to emphasize that she would not want to accuse innocent Hubbers of being guilty of sock-puppetry, Lisa does note that she has observed several Hubbers with suspiciously new sign-up dates, suspiciously sparse profiles, suspiciously similar attitudes (in spite of very different personas), and even suspiciously similar use of words; all of which may indicate the presence of far more pirate friends than community members may realize.  In fact, Lisa notes that some similarities have been spotted among long-time Hubbers with profiles that would otherwise not indicate suspicious behavior - all of which lead to the question of the identities of a number of Hubbers, as well as any association they may or may not have with any pirates.

When I asked Lisa to share the names of Hubbers she suspects of chicanery or creativity, depending on one's views of either, her response was, "No comment."  When asked, "Why?" Lisa stated, "I, personally, have witnessed the worldwide forum lynch mobs that can form when one Hubber offends another.  Several months ago a fight broke out, and people from around the world's different time zones actually took shifts in keeping it going.  More recently, I visited the crime scene of yet another forum fight and was shocked to discover that it took me almost an hour to read the whole thread.  I'm not some delicate and fragile person who will melt at the first sight of bad language, but some of what takes place is enough to make even the toughest forum participant cringe.  Besides, it's not my place to attempt to step on someone else's creativity." 

When I asked Lisa if it wasn't just the least bit tempting to share her suspicions with fellow Hubbers she noted, "Sure it is.  Who doesn't like to share what he believes may be a shocking secret?  My thing is I don't want to raise unfair or unnecessary suspicions, to seem paranoid, or to spoil what some people see as nothing more than harmless fun."  Borrowing from the 2004 Andrew Lloyd Webber film, Phantom of the Opera (as well as the novel by Gaston LeRoux), Ms. HW warned, "People must remember to approach all threads with their hand at the level of their eye.  Oh wait, nobody has to worry about anyone else throwing a noose around their neck - not even the pirates.  Never mind."  It was then that Ms. HW echoed the words of so many professional athletes and coaches being interviewed after losing a game:  "It is what it is."

Are the pirates wonderful people, as so many community members claim?  Is Johnny Depp really a Hubber?  Is Garfield really a Hubber?  What about frogs?  Can frogs really write and use a PC?  (And, by the way, does the Hubber who goes by the name of Eric REALLY have two heads?  I mean, if he did wouldn't we have seen it on one of our sister stations somewhere along the way?)  Might Mark Knowles really be a preacher, playing Devil's advocate (or might he really be THE devil?).  Of course, the most pressing question remains, "What the heck is with the pirates, anyway - but should we trust cowboys or kitties with lime hats more than pirates?"   In a community where so many present themselves as dogs, children, flowers, and some creepy things that really do make others wonder if the owner of the avatar has "issues", who - many wonder - can anyone trust?

The real question here is, "What can any of us believe on the Internet?"  (Another real question is, "Why on Earth is my Firefox so slow - but I digress.)

Sources say there are conflicting reports with regard to any pending investigations on the big, serious, important, foolishness now said to appear to have taken over the community.  Some investigators claim further investigation is pending.  At the same time, reliable sources state that no further investigation is warranted at this time.  One, who requested his name be withheld for no particular, good, reason, states, "People who come and go, and people who have been around even for a long time, all need to watch out, because some in the community have expressed having had enough and point out that these days it isn't hard to get a microscope and do one's own forensics."    (Oh, ok, that, that I just said, was a lie.  This is the Internet, for goodness sake.  People lie.  By the way, I'm not really a reporter.  I'm really a secret agent - no, a nun; no, a bullfighter, no wait, a famous actress.  I am a Nigerian Prime Minister, and I have the sum of $102,456,000 for you if you will simply provide me with your social security and bank account numbers. Oops - sorry, I got carried away with the feeling of being someone other than a bored person with nothing much to do right now.)  In any case....

Whether or not this community will find itself in the wrenching and never-ending turmoil of additional shocking revelations is what everyone (or at least a person or two) is asking this morning.

This is Lisa HW, reporting live from Hub forums (unless you read this after 8:07 a.m. EST, October 10, 2009; in which case, this report won't be live any more).  Back to you, Eric (or whoever is out there and remains awake after this report).

Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh that's brilliant Lisa.
        Best thing I've read here for ages!

1. Sybil Marie profile image60
          Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Lisa! Fabulous read!  big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. Sufidreamer profile image81
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I remember that one well - a glorious alcohol fuelled weekend where the sun never set on that particular fight. Grizzled Hubpage warriors gathered round to defend the forums from an insidous troll. Inspirational stuff, and worthy of an entry in Hubpage lore smile

Must do it again, sometime lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's kind of how I felt late last night stepping into BC/PG"s thread with him and darkside going at it. felt like I was sitting ringside. bizarre entertainment. 

o.k. I'm off this for now~ enjoy the day or night, whatever it is where you are. cool

1. Sufidreamer profile image81

That one was pretty tame, by comparison - the thread of which we speak was a bloodbath big_smile

You too - enjoy the weekend.

Ralwus - you are probably right. I don't know if I could face a hangover like that again.

Mind you, I just bought a bottle of Afrodite Ouzo. Happy Days smile

2. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of the unknown questions of life and the world in your limited time here and you bother with highschool gossip. Ignorance is bliss.

Well,  at least this is a harmless diversion from the puppet posturings of our learned leaders, who are trying very hard to convince us that the economic crisis is over and that the world is in recovery.

To that I say: we ain't seen nothing yet, baby!
        And I'll just head off to bed now on this wonderful Saturday night.

Perhaps someone can provide an Alter Ego status update for the morning news. Who's active, who's left, who's threatening to leave, and who's sulking and about to threaten to leave.

Cheers,
        Eric G.

1. profile image48
          HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will update this for you Eric, fear not smile

Thanks mate!

1. profile image50
              Thirteenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just don't pay out on number 5 bets yets, I don't trust those damn pirates when night falls. smile

2. marinealways24 profile image59

Well Sir, I have to agree with you on your government predicted depression we are headed for. I agree with you there unfortunately. Cheers Sir.

Obama Wins Nobel Peace prize 2 weeks before voting was closed!!!

The Savior is here for a World 1 Belief!!! Were Saved! "We all get Obama money from "his stash" quoted from a detroit recipient of the Obama stimulus.

3. profile image49
      EMMORECHEMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let us keep believing! It is well.

2. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 14 years ago

Do these people write here? How are they so popular without lots of good hubs written?

We are allowed to use copyrighted images as our profile pictures?

What am I missing, doesnt anybody get mad that they are using stolen pictures?

sorry im new here, i signed up a long time ago,  but never came back until two weeks before

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm is that your real photo or have you borrowed it????????????????????????????????

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
        deartfuldodgerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is mine, I am a graphic designer and photographer and i do not have problem with having less hubs, i dont have so many myself, I was wondering why there were so many threads about these usernames, seems i understand now

Say Hi to another graphic designer. Love the Avator.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes I have and probably will in the future use different designs or pictures in my avatar. I will consider the artist in the future.
          Damn looks like Im stuck with me, unless of course youd like to re-design it lol

3. deartfuldodger profile image60

sorry again, i dint mean to say 'lots of good hubs", i dont mean that the ones they do make arent good, just that i didnt see many of them.

There were heaps they go and come back and go and comeback as prolifically as the Players, and whatever is wrong with that.

2. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BadCompany99 had loads of hubs and deleted all of them a few weeks ago.  Not sure how many Pirate Girl had.  BadCo and HealthTip now just have a few.  Likewise Pirate Girl and Thirteen.

4. deartfuldodger profile image60

asking me if my photo is mine does not answer my question, there is no backlash from a community of artists when people use stolen material?

I care because I am an artist, all writers are artists too, we should always be protecting our arts and the spirit they engender.

your picture seems to be of your o0wn art, am i not correct?

This is not a community of artists or writers any more.
      There are still some here, but they're few and far between.

Hubpages is full of stolen material. Very few people care whether images are stolen or not. Haven't you seen the Indian actress hubs?

But I like your attitude. It's refreshing.

And there are so many threads about those I mentioned, and they have a lot of fans, because they are the main stars of a long running street theatre that is continually being played out in the hundreds of backstreets and laneways that make up the hubpages forums.
      And really, it's only one person playing all of the parts mentioned above. He's a great writer and has a sharp wit when he's sober. I think he's great during those times.

Any thread, and any discussion can suddenly become the stage, where the constantly changing cast of this never ending story act out their parts.

And that's why I'd like this thread to be the billboard, where the twists and turns of this spectacle can be recorded for posterity.

cheers,
      Eric G.

1. RKHenry profile image65
        RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know- I think there are a few screws loosen in Badco head.  He's single handily ruining hubpages forums. Everytime I come into the forums these days, which is VERY few and far between NOW, here is shit like this- and there is Badco ruining it with his stupid bullshit.

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a writer and I'm still here and like hell I would steal anthing. smile You can tell that I take my own pictures form y hubs and if I don't have it I don't post pictures.

2. mandybeau1 profile image60

Yeah I think we shd bitch more about theft copyright, but when it comes to art we are just expected to accept plagerism. I have my Art copied, but it is mostly the fine Art that I do.
      I agree with everything you say there is alot of jealousy with Writers that we don't seem to have.
      Artists,  are way more inclined to share ideas and help each other. Alot of these so called writers aren't all that talented, Badco, that this is about is Brilliant. alot  really, they just write researched material.
      You will get more of a feel for this Site as you go I've been kicked off once. This painting is one of my bright style wonky interiors I have many many Styles.

3. thranax profile image70
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Deartfuldodger, sadly there isn't any resistance to stolen images online. If your a graphic designer, I would imagine you would know the internet more? Besides, most people wouldn't mind there images being used as a profile picture or just in general because most artists believe if there work isn't being seen at all they failed as an artist. If you want a graphic computer piece of art to be private, never upload it to the net until it's sold.

Fellow graphic designer,

~thranax~

5. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I have no idea on the status of BC hmm n not sure why there is disdain for researched works is mentioned but most people write what they know or enjoy. Welcome to HP, deartfrldodger smile

Because researched work already exists and anyone is able to source it. I never look to Hubpages for anything that I want to know. I look to the Hubs for interesting Original stuff, and by original I mean just that someones own ideas. Not regurgitated stuff Just my opinion, but I am not alone.

6. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Number 5 Eric, you heard it here first smile

Hiya Perez !!

7. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

BC and all his alter egos, will come and go. It's up to his whims or his soberness.
    I used to laugh at all this ,but now I find it rather pathetic.Doesn't make me laugh any more.
    And nobody shouldn't! this guy needs help. Can nobody see this ? yikes
    It's very selfish of all of you to want to get a laugh at his posts, when all he needs is help. I wonder if all the hubbers that say they love him and say that they are his friends, really are sad
    He's not a clown. He's a human being

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  8. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

everyone knows he needs help but does he know, what can we do for him,

R U his friend ? If so, you should know. I'm not, so I can't do anything about it. making him go on and on with this alter ego stuff ,won't help him

1. profile image48

Oh dear, I won't sleep tonight !

2. profile image48

Nice to see you back Brenda and I hope to see you writing again soon. Everyone needs help in some little way, Tantum was right at the end, I am only human !

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i often need lots of help believe me, and i get it too, but i still suffer, like all us sensitive creatures seem to do.....

1. profile image48

Anyways I hope you are well, sorry about that night we had that barney but hey I knew that wasn't why you left. To be honest it amuses me when I log on here to see how mentally ill I am, thank god they have wireless internet in my padded cell.

9. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

all the people on here thinking we had fell out, we are both nuts so understand each other well, i get some help, you get some is that a deal

10. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I think there must be an age limit to keeping up with this stuff and I seem to have passed it.

Does this mean Brenda who also left under a cloud and deleted all her hubs is now back as a different bunch of flowers?

Greetings Mr. Knowles.
      I think we're both past it.

I wouldn't know about Brenda. I'll sleep on it, and may flounce off and come back as a teapot.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some can flounce better than others. smile

I was banned for "personal attacks" or "suggesting a decent dictionary" as I called it for a while, but I have now learned my lesson and created several alter egos for the purposes of personal attacks in the future.

1. marinealways24 profile image59

I thought I was right!

Hello Evolution Guy! I knew you was around somewhere. Can't let the grouped believers go unpunished!

Touche!

lol

Still think I am ignorant?

2. Eric Graudins profile image59

I believe that you can buy Hubpages Alter Egos on EBay now.

Price depends on age of the accocunt, number of hubs. and number of forum posts.

I think that old quietness and Rust will make a killing lol

And now I'm REALLY off to bed.

1. profile image50

Goodnight Eric !

3. Lisa HW profile image61

"We're waiting outside the profile of reknowned Hubber, Mark Knowles, hoping to catch the first glimpse of this clever individual"

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/crazydave506/IMG_0044.jpg

4. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark dear, flouncing involves drama that revolves around you. One of my sons was a pro-flouncer. Forever packing his red suitcase, leaving, never to return. I'd leave him sat all mournful on the garden wall a little while. Then go and scoop him up, kiss him to death, make him smile and he's be all rosy again. And he'd flounce because he didn't like school smile

On the other hand, your flouncing involves very cleverly worded diatribes that are both brilliant and hillarious. Great that you've joined the alter-ego club.

But one question. Is an alter-ego classed as a secondary account from which you frequent forums, use for commenting and such? I have another account but I just publish. That's it. And it's openly displayed on my profile.

Yours - confused in Lisbon smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60
            Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is why we'll be able to spot Mark's alter ego - his writing is original & brilliant, unless he dumbs down his ego big_smile

I still haven't figured out who you really are Frogdropping!

1. frogdropping profile image77

Do you really believe I'm another hubber? I'd love to know who.

Hand on froggy heart - I'm no one other than me smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL

Well, I try not to do too much flouncing and any one who fails to spot my cunning disguise doesn't know me very well. I will be writing a hub or three for one of my alter egos and have already written one for my other one. Keeping up with them all is a another matter, and I may have to take advice from BC/Cabin girl/Health/Whatever....... lol

Yes, shoot right around the ignorant marines assumption. lol

For somebody with no attachments you are taking it awful personal that you are ignorant of certain things. wink

I will take that as a compliment! Thank You Sir.

2. frogdropping profile image77

Oh I forgot Mark - funny fact. Not only is The Dictionary the top selling book of all time (like who didn't know that), it's also the most thieved.

Now - believer and thieves. Or thieving believers. Love it smile

Did not know that. Still - I am now in my 6th week of no smoking so perhaps I will not be stooping to suggesting people buy a new dictionary.......... Or not.

1. Sybil Marie profile image60
                  Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Mark! It's been fifteen years for me...keepit up!!!!!

2. frogdropping profile image77

Bloody well done! How are you coping now? The first month is usually vile - then it seems to ease off.

And I just read through your journalistic report Lisa - marvellous! You should henceforth be known as the Kate Ady of HP! A great piece of investigative journalism big_smile

Not so good today for some reason, but after 36 years of smoking, I did not really expect to be able to kick it in a few days - If I am still climbing the walls after 6 months I will see about getting some help. I have now started to get some more exercise, so I am hoping that will take the edge off.........

And yes - Lisa - if I owned  news channel, you would be my front woman.

3. Misha profile image65
                  Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are doing great old buddy, our thoughts are with your lungs! wink

Thanks Misha.

I don't want to sound like a drama queen (we seem to have plenty of those wink ) but this is tougher than I expected it to be.

My lungs will thank me in the end though. smile

11. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

nobody can remain awake ! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. profile image48

Must be those scrapbooks !

Are you over 60 just wondering try No doze

I said nobody, not me big_smile

hahahahah tantrum just couldn't believe that u would fall asleep amongst the action. How are u?////smile

in action big_smile

12. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I didn't think anyone could, but I just thought I'd try my hand at a little (a bunch of) forum foolishness of my own.  It appears to be "The Thing" these days.   lol

I have to admit it was well written lol big_smile

13. profile image48

Lol pure genius, best thing I have read on here to date !

1. Lisa HW profile image61

Ah - nice to see you here, Health Tip.  lol

14. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

lol, that was excellent, hahaha. big_smile

p.s. has anyone else noticed that 'Tantrum' like BC, Healthtip etc. always leaves a space between the last word and exclamation mark. 

Just saying. wink

big_smile

1. profile image48

No need for insults smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, must be getting paranoid with my old age. big_smile

You can send me an e-mail and then check my IP. I'm from Argentina big_smile

Haha, I'll take your word for it, it's been proven time and time again that I'm just not as smart as I think I am. big_smile

Understand you know nothing and you can never be wrong!

I accepted that fact a long time ago. smile

2. tantrum profile image61

lol lol lol I'm not that insane ! lol lol lol

Are you certain of that !  ? lol

You tell me ! It seems you know everything !! big_smile

15. profile image48

Insane enough to follow me or threads about me though, now if I bore you so much why do you ?  See if somethings annoys me or bores me I avoid it, are you a sadist ?

16. profile image48

I will leave you a comment on your latest hub and the ip will deff trace back to Ireland smile

17. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Cheers dude, but to be honest, I've no idea how to trace IPs or check them anyway.  Was just playing detective and following the clues, bored on a Saturday morning. smile

Is it Ireland if it starts with an 82?

1. profile image48

You just google " trace ip address ", type it in and it even throws up a map, if you zoom in I will wave at you smile

18. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Eric & Lisa - hilarious way to wake up on this snow laden morning.

Alter egos must have a gift, their fan bases rise faster than my dog can eat her morning kibbles. Alter egos are growing fast and furious, do you really know who you are?

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Actually I think if Art(BC) was to drop out totally and completely, I'd lose over half of my fan base. wink

1. profile image50

Lol you better believe it smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

:

lol

20. Lisa HW profile image61

I'm under the impression people use the term, "alter ego", even when someone has more than one identity for business purposes (and doesn't necessarily use it on the forums).

1. profile image49
      EMMORECHEMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are rigth!

21. profile image0

I think for one to emulate Art(BC) one actually needs to posses multiple personalities which he does. That is why he is so good at it. You may need to see Mr Voodoo to get another personality or two to be proficient as BC is.smile

1. frogdropping profile image77

lol poor Mrvoodoo. A very unique hubber IMO smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is at that. LOL

Hey multi personalities are soooo cool you always have someone to talk to.

22. Lisa HW profile image61

Tantrum, Eric, HealthTip, Jane, Sybil Marie; thanks.   smile

23. Sybil Marie profile image60
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

I have been asked many times through my life if I have 16 distinct personalities (can't imagine way smile ) I tell people yes it's true but I'm felling much better now, much much better.
    smile

24. Lisa HW profile image61

frogdropping, thanks.  (I don't really investigate the news.  I just make it up.  Oh, isn't that what anchor people are supposed to do?  hmm)   lol

25. heckstallmaffei profile image58
    heckstallmaffeiposted 14 years ago

i'm not sure i understand..

26. profile image0

LOL, you really think we should? I don't know, but it was something. I don't know if I want that again.

27. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm just tired of the whole thing. I don't care anymore smile

UW- I feel like you; but everytime I come back to the forums, there is this bullshit caused by Badco's behavior, and think I'm more tired of his crappy,drunken, idiotic, irrational and childish behavior.  But yeah, this whole passed month or two I felt just like you.  But his ignorant bullshit isn't getting better, it is getting to be more frequent in it's rhythm.

1. profile image48

Jeeeez I didn't realise I annoyed all you guys that much, my apologies, in future I will just post my hubs and stay off the forums. Sorry I pissed you off RK, you are an ok guy. Ok I am officially permanately off the forums, enjoy your weekend all !

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey, don't let people run you off the forums, if that is what you enjoy. please stop fretting over what "everyone" thinks or says or does. the only people you need to please here are yourself and the HubPages Team.

2. RKHenry profile image65

Yeah Bad, work all them angles you can.  Place the blame directly on me as to why your now "permentately" leaving..... blah,blah,blah.

One thing I've learned about you- YOUR never accountable for YOUR own actions.  Somebody else is always the "bad" guy when your name is involved.  Your self righteous pity for yourself always wins someone over, and talks you into believing your own crap.  Won't Stay out of the forums- not!  Cause more stupid rhetoric- yes!  Blame me for YOUR crappy behavior- YES! Cry Wolf- A definitive must!!

It's typical, it is predictable!  So since nobody else will say it, and since I'm already the "Bad" person for not wanting to put up with your crap; I think your a sick individual, crying for attention, and a sorry drunk.  I'm personally tired of it.  So the next time you decide to make us all your "enablers", and escape-goats just remember YOUR the only one who is really being fulled by your own behavior.

I'm outta here.  YOU now have 4 forum posts that can be directly linked to YOUR irrational behavior.  And let be the one to tell you- THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING.  Try changing your behavior instead of hiding, or pretending to "run away" and never come back.  Your story, and sad pitiful behavior is getting to be really old hat.  While some might like to play "cry wolf" game with you all night and day- it is still no excuse for YOU just wanting attention, and to act this way.

Badco, the next time your "craving" love, and self righteous communication, my suggestion is that you go to the Sandpit, and start a forum about how tough your times are, and whether your deserving or not, or whether the world loves you or not....  "Self pity, and miscued blames" should be your new alter ego's name.

I don't want your apologies.  I've received about 900 of them in your sad career here on HubPages.  The world has receive more than 1000 apologies from you I'm sure.  But get this- they are no more worth the "bad" breath you speak them with, than the ball of earwax stuck in my ear, I'm hearing them with.

If some of the so called BC's 'friends' would tell him, how wrong he is ! I think RK is right. This has to stop for his own good sad

2. darkside profile image57
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is so unfair. You're getting credit for 'killing off' Healthtip?

I was told 18 hours ago that I was responsible for his demise!

Yes, the constant apologies are tiresome. Almost as tedious as the neverending parade of imaginary friends. Added to that the threats of leaving or promises of dropping the big charade but then immediately replacing a primary account and imaginary girlfriend with another primary account and imaginary girlfriend.

Of course it was probably wrong of me to point out just how farcical the whole act is. Though I did acknowledge on several occasions that he's talented, but to drop the time wasting forum slapstick and live up to his talent. He of course responded and felt the need to impress upon me how much more talented he is than I.

Sadly I think he enjoys the attention just a little too much.

1. yoshi97 profile image55
              yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he does ... maybe he doesn't. In a sense, he is a victim of fandom, as it is the fans that often keep these things going in his absence.

Face it ... If Badco became an alter boy tomorrow no one would pay him the slightest of attention. Sad to say ... Badco represents the free spirited side of us all that many wish they could embrace.

I find a lot of what he says to be very witty, but I also see the dagger that periodically comes out for a jab, which he then regrets later.

Anyone can hate Badco if they will, but I think it can be done in the privacy of one's own mind, rather than building monumental threads to discuss his behavior. After all, isn't this grand staging on the other side?

Who profits in favoritism from the anti-Badco threads? No one, just as Badco doesn't profit in favoritism when he says he is leaving or changing egos.

This is a human being ... a human being that isn't crying out for attention, he's crying out to be seen as someone important. When did our lives become too busy not to offer a hand up, rather than a slap down?

Yes, Badco's actions can incite drama ... but I think if we spent less time focusing on it afterwards these sessions would become less in number.

I see myself as a friend and fan to all in this thread, and I do understand where you are all coming from ... we just need to breath in, breathe out ... and let this all pass us by ...

28. profile image0

I reckon you will be more than happy. LOL

Not when my missus finds out - I was only supposed to buy cigarettes, but the temptation was too much hmm

29. profile image0

Oh man. I pity you my friend. LOL Wives can be rough on a man.

1. Animal World profile image61
      Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Hubby's can be tough for Women,...LOL.

Cool avatar!  Glad you're on board.  Welcome.

1. Animal World profile image61
          Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why Thank You,....

2. Sufidreamer profile image81

Sure do - get in the way of a good night's drink and debauchery. When they start rationing how many glasses you are allowed, you are in trouble. Luckily, I have an emergency bottle stashed in the tool shed smile

30. Lisa HW profile image61

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Lisa HW, reporting again from the forum community, here at HubPages.  It appears there are developments in this previously, reasonably, pleasant thread; as a Hubber, going by the name of RKHenry, has appeared on the scene and has leveled some fairly unpleasant accusations and remarks at someone he refers to as, "BadCo".  We now know that BadCo is, in fact, the name of the chief pirate, here in forum-land.  This is indeed an unpleasant, while not necessarily surprising, development; as we await additional posts for further development.  It has been reported that the Hubber, BadCo, is generally a person of good nature; although, being a pirate (or at least playing one on the forums), Mr. BadCo has been known to respond to what he sees as offensive remarks with unpleasantness of his own.  One can only hope such a turn of events will not be the case here, in view of the pleasantness and quit-smoking support that has, until now, been enjoyed by community members.

Wait a minute - what's that?  A Hubber going by the name of, "Sufidreamer", has weighed in, easing the tension and corroborating an earlier witness' account of a memorable forum fight.  An individual by the name of, "ralwus", has also shown up, further moving the mood of the exchange away from the negativity expressed by the understandably perturbed RKHenry (who could have, nonetheless, used more pleasant words to express his dismay).  We're now hearing from someone called, "rebekahELLE", who is informing us that there was apparently some disturbance in forum-land as recently as last evening.

Ladies and gentlemen, my producer has just informed me that I'll be covering a lovely Saturday afternoon in offline life.  For now, thankfully, it does appear that reasonable peace has been preserved on this thread.  This is Lisa HW, reporting again, and signing off, from the Hub community.  I'd say coverage will continue throughout the day, but it won't.  You can see for yourself what's happening (and by the way, you don't need the weather people to tell you what's going on outside your own window either).

Yeah LW- blame me for badco behavior.  Nice one.  If his behavior wouldn't be so "bad", then I wouldn't have to be truthful and negative.  Yeah- real slick.  Let's not make badco accountable.  nice.

Yes, you always speak the truth. Your truth is absolute, right?

With all due respect Marine- is only ever absolute until proved otherwise, in my opinion.

31. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Lisa what a top drawer report from hubpages HQ. Keep it up ,we want more of this highly entertaining reporting.

32. profile image0

And Lisa stirs the pot again. LOL Stop that!

33. Lisa HW profile image61

Oh, RKHenry, I'm not blaming you.  It was just that your remarks appeared "newsworthy".  I couldn't resist going for one more laugh before stopping my own "reporting" foolishness.  I do think people on here could use a little more sense of humor (and that's not directed at you, personally).  (Although that bloodbath Sufidreamer and I recall was a lot of fun.  lol)

It's just me.  See I had looked forward all week to coming to the forum.  I had looked forward to chatting to my main man Ralwus, because I haven't beable too, or talking so history stuff with Sufi and even being insulted by Misha or whomever.  I looked forward to a good, solid debate with LEF, or somebody. 

However, yet again here is this crap about Badco.  Yet again, the forum has 3 active threads about Badco.  Three active threads.

Furthermore, though your reporting was entirely humorous to my expense, nothing was mentioned about why the darn thing was being written in the first place.  So I'll go about with my business, leave the forum for Badco to destroy, learn NOTHING NEW- and be the horrible negative person who destroy the forums "mood".  Blame it on me.  I've got the shoulders to bear the weight of my own behavior, and just won't come back- nor look forward to meeting new people, and talking politics. 

Happy?  Good, I'm glad that's all settle now.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85

hey r.k. just start a new thread and get going with what you want. don't let a few bad threads send you off~~~~

MK- I don't know you and haven't had the chance of chatting w/you, but I want to encourage you on the no smoking. I know how hard it is, my husband could never stop and it took his life early. I wish you the very best, hope you have good support.

Hey RK

Good to see you.

Sadly, Mark nailed it - I cannot remember the last time we had a good political or religious debate on here. I hardly even bother reading the political forum anymore - little chance of learning anything new hmm

34. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys smile 36 years of smoking and 6 weeks of not. I already feel better - well, 50/50. The half that breathes in and out feels better. The half that wants a fag feels horrible.

RK - I have been smoking since I was 12 years old. I am now 48 - If I can do it - you can.

And lest we forget - we also had a pretty big influx of trolls and religionists over the last couple of months. I don't think we can blame all the drama and bad vibes just on BC.

Just the self promoting, and irrational drunkness kind maybe.  I don't know anymore.  Apparently I'm in the single digits minority here on this one with Badco. 

By the way Mark, since they seem to be giving out the Noble Peace Prize at random these days, anyone who quits smoking after 36 years; just might deserve more.  Fantastic work.  Keep it up man.

2. profile image0

MARK!!!! how are ya? and I see you changed your picture very nice. smile

Good thanks.

It suits me don't you think? wink

1. profile image0

Oh yes very much so Mark lol any of the believers get on yer case about this one yet? hehehe

Oh no - I am keeping out of the religion forums. wink

If there ever was anything to persuade me over to the dark side - it would be the ceiling of the Sistine chapel. Every one should see it in the flesh before they die. That and David.

I went to the Vatican when we were at school, but the Sistine was closed for renovations. Might have to go to Rome again, sometime.

I go back about every 2/3 years just to see the Sistene chapel. Hands down the most moving piece of art I have ever seen in my life. And I have seen a lot.

You have to go. I am due another visit soon. We should meet up for a beer or six. smile

Sounds like a plan - we hope to go to Italy in a couple of years. I want to take the missus to Pompeii, and Rome would certainly be on the agenda.

Besides, pizza followed by ice-cream and coffee, in Naples - one of the best meals ever.

Tantrum - I see what you are saying, but don't forget that friendship continues outside the HP forums smile

PS - Hope that Argentina win tonight - a World Cup without Argentina and Messi doesn't seem right smile

thanks sufidreamer! smile
                    about friendship continuing outside the HP, that's what I mean when I'm talking about his friends smile

2. profile image0

I would love to see that in person...actually have a art project the kids love to do based off of the Sistine Chapel. Where I tape a piece of paper under a table and the kids draw on it with crayons. so cute! love that art project.

35. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

hahah! I can't handle doing multiple identities due to my limited time, but I did have multiple egos on a BBS years ago (yes, I go back to a time before the internet).

Interesting this is ... I made my one identity so far different from the other that everyone thought it was a unique personality, and then they hated the new character and laughed as I humiliated this new identity, assassinated it, and then made it leave.

We then went on for weeks talking about 'Grog the caveman', and only the sysop (the guy who ran the BBS) know it had been me. We even brought Grog back a few times, insisting he was getting around the bans, but in time I got bust with real life and had little time left to spare for another incarnation - albeit, one created for the express purpose of trolling other members.

Those were the days ...

Nowadays, I just change avatars, and with each change comes a slight shift in caricature. I keep the name, as I want others to know it's me, and I allow them to figure out for themselves what might have caused the shift in my thoughts and reasoning - some of it can be online stuff and some can be offline.

For now, I chose the dragon, as I see a lot of people getting all uppity over something that is just an online forum where a lot of people play around and quite often get carried away. Still, it's an online forum, and it's far easier to drop out of threads gone astray than it is to get up and turn the channel on your TV set.

I do agree that personal attacks should be a definite no. After all, we're still human beings and should not have ourselves personally assailed for things we share, but I see personal attacks as name calling ... not expressing displeasure with the thoughts and behaviors of others.

I have kids in my house, and I let them disagree with each other ... kids do that. However, they get grounded whenever they call each other vile names or raise a fist to each other ... I see the online world as no different ... other than the kids being much older.

As someone who has run his own forum with 500+ members (a paltry sum, compared to Hubpages, but large at the time) I can tell you that there is never a moment of total peace and harmony, as everyone wants to communicate their own thoughts and ideas, and such expression doesn't always click with that of others. The religious and political forums are a great example, as they represent the greatest division of beliefs and produce the largest debates.

Be honest ... would you expect much of a debate in the food forum? I should think not.

As an interesting thought ... there is a resolution to all of this that has proven quite effective on other forums I have participated in ... it's called an ignore feature and allows members to avoid the comments of other members which they can't seem to get along with.

If a member is ignored by too many people then he is voided, allowing him only in litterbox forums (kinda like the sandpit) and then they need to work off their snit before approaching the regular forums again.

This method allows the membership to get a message across without the management getting immediately involved, and it's done in such a way that the member never knows who is squelching them.

Now ... as someone who managed such a forum, I can tell you this is a proposal that involves a bit of work. So, even if the staff chose this direction, don't expect something like this to pop up overnight (I'm not saying the staff isn't highly capable, I'm just looking out for them, so they aren't deluged with demands to immediately put such a system in-place).

The whole truth of it all is that some people will never get along in the same room, but removing them from each other's presence allows them to coexist without anyone thinking anything of it.

To be honest ... Back in the day I would hit the squelch on members I saw constantly battling each other and it was quite amusing to hear them come crying to me when X couldn't see what Y was saying and then Y would complain because he couldn't see what X was saying.

My reply to them? Learn to live well together and I might consider removing the squelch.

That's my thoughts on it all, but you can be certain that - as the newly incarnated dragon - I will be saying it like it is. smile

Very interesting thought process.  I hope the team sees this thread.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that grog the caveman thing is scary. it makes BadCo look like Mary Poppins. neutral

if someone annoys the f#@k out of me i just ignore them. i don't think we need an Ignore feature...i mean we're all adults here. that's why i dig people like Helen - she gets it.

36. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

If I don't like a forum thread then I don't post in it. I'm not into religion so I avoid those threads. Simple soulution is stay away from threads that cause you to become annoyed.
    By the way Mark I admire you as my hubby had a heart attack a few months back and the no1 reason was smoking. He has managed to pack it in and I doubt very much he would have done this if it were not for the heart attack.

37. Lisa HW profile image61

RK, the attempts at humor were not intended to be anyone's expense. It is, perhaps, my mistake to assume that other people can laugh at themselves the way so many people just naturally laugh at themselves.  It was intended to be good natured humor that I thought you might share.

I do have to say, respectfully, though, that I don't see why whatever is on here would stop you from starting threads directed at the people you wanted to talk with, or otherwise get their attention on here; but you obviously have your right to feel aggravated for whatever reasons you have.   

As far as why "the damn thing was written in the first place" goes, I wrote it because the thread was about "alter egos" and how people can't (or don't want to) keep up with what goes on with some of them; and I just thought I'd make light of the whole thing and maybe make someone laugh.  I knew not everyone (if anyone) would find it funny.  That's fine.

38. IntimatEvolution profile image70
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Healthtip is Badco? Oh my, I sent a message to team HubPages, notifying them of a new spammer.  Oops!yikes

1. profile image0

Wait BadCo made more alter egos? wow I leave for a few weeks and things get hairy on here

1. IntimatEvolution profile image70
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that is what I'm understanding.  Is that what you are understanding?

1. profile image0

Yep I went to Healthtip's profile and ppl were saying he is BadCo so I guess that is BadCo. lol

39. myownworld profile image70
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

And the endless saga continues.......

wondering when we'll let this go....!

40. myownworld profile image70

and now even HT is driven away....I just saw...all hubs are gone! why don't we help each other instead of voicing so much negativity....!

can we now let this go...! please...as a favour to everyone here!!

41. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Gee! 8 pages now. Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

So, getting back to the original topic of this thread, so that we all don't have to chase down all the other threads:

Current Pirate and other alterego Status:
    BadCo has left the hubpages forums, never to return.
    HT has removed all his hubs. (thanks myownworld)

And I'm still looking for a picture of a suitable teapot to replace my avatar.

Thanks for the wonderful reporting Lisa.
    And congrats Mark for giving up the weed.

cheers, Eric G.

42. myownworld profile image70

I wish I could see the light side of all this....to me it's just a sad end to a brilliant hubber. let's hope we can all let this go now...

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you ... let the healing begin ...

Don't worry, he'll be back.
      Perhaps we can all sit around in a circle for a while, holding lighted candles and sing a round or two of Kumbaya while we're waiting.

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They will be back...as always... smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got it Eric!  Perhaps the ladies could toss flowers into the ocean while the sun slips slowly below the horizon.

3. mandybeau1 profile image60

I have to ask what is Kumbaya?

1. Colebabie profile image60
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MiD_U4CHQ
          A song, usually sung at camp, around a campfire. smile

I only went on camp once a Cow got in my tent, they sang songs, but the supervisors were all 100 in the shade and sung stuff like Michael rowed the boat ashore. Then we toasted or should I say burn marshmallows. Gross. I asked could I not bother toasting mine and they said that what Camp was about. It was bloody horrible. I couldn't  wait to return. Our Holidays were always in Hotels. How anyone can enjoy camping is beyond me. No Showers no shops no Cafes terrible. Todays youth are way better off they take a Chef and a Espressso machine.

2. profile image0
            poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

listened to that it was lovely.... long time since i heard it

I had never heard it. Is it old or really new.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Mandy we used to sing it alot when I was younger at school and around the house..but then Im an older generation than you ,maybe if ya heard the song youd go...ohhhhh that song lol..
                Its actually an African lullabye..someones singing my lord-kumbayaaaaa
                repeat first line twice ending with- ohhhh lord kumbaya
                someones praying my lord -repeat as above
                someones crying my lord ,kumbaya (come by here)...

Its weird, never heard about it before. Different nationalities and all, I ah don't think I have missed alot. smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
              Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where are you from?

I am a New Zealander

3. mandybeau1 profile image60

When he departs what fills the void left, a pile of boring conversations like I just made a dollar on the adsense. For goodness Sake its fun. The whole thing is meticulously engineered and if you can't see the Drama in it then maybe you should stick to reading Mills and Boons. The elderley ladies novels, that always have a happy, albeit saccarine sweet ending.

4. darkside profile image57
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many sad ends has this brilliant hubber had? I've lost count!

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Almost as many as contrite beginnings!

43. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Oh brother!

44. hinckles koma profile image61
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

he will be back i hope and so will she. Why not? What happened really that was so bad?

45. IntimatEvolution profile image70
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

It would be nice to come back to the forums WITHOUT reading about Badco's/pets pubic nuisances, again. Those were the days.

1. profile image0
      Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People read about his pubic nuisances?  Oh my.

Is that the same as crabs?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image70
          IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something like that.smile

46. hinckles koma profile image61

i dont really have time to read this whole thread so if someone doesnt mind telling me why he left? or why you think they left?

who knows ! He's not well

Depends on who you ask.  Those who love drama, or those who love the ridiculous!

47. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I miss them, the little theatre they created and all the fun switching back and forth with avatars.  I thought most of it was lunatic, funny, sad, sick, hilarious, sometimes sorta sexy, all at once, like good theatre should be.  It woke up the forums. They went, and there's a lot less traffic, now traffic is building again with the new avatars. 

I didn't realize there was any question of a drinking problem?  Mental health problem?  associated with the avatars or the person behind them.  I skipped over a lot of the threads, and caught mostly what I found amusing.  If that ingenious, hilarious, witty person seriously needs help I hope they find it because the world is a much sadder, colder, less silly and more boring place without them.

I think, though, that may be part of the drama and we see that same person back with a couple of new avatars.

I agree.

What also amuses me is how all the armchair psychologists and psychiatrists jump on and give their considered verdicts on various peoples mental states, or lack thereof.

Personally, I reckon that Art (like a couple of other HP identities) is a brilliant showman who knows how to woo a crowd and build a base of fans, and ambulance chasers who can't tear themselves away from the regular train wrecks.

Not sure what category I'm in lol

cheers,
      Eric g.

Im taking the bus lol lol Eric

To be honest and just my opinion I dont think playful alter egos' ( not to be confused ,with those who primarily use them for other writing) increase traffic necessarily ,but no doubt do keep profiles never the less exposed and fresh smile

Wouldnt mind a new ego ,but I have enough trouble keeping up with myself these days lol

Definitely you are a Hubber that understands......

48. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I wondered about that too.  Public nuisances? Same as crabs?  Pubic nuisance? big_smile

49. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

So to catch those of us who don't want to read endless pages of nothingness big_smile  Have all 4 left, if so, who will they talk to?  They can easily carry on a conversation in a thread with each other & most people (which I find amusing) would think it's four people, except they all use the word "deff" - pure give away.

Goodbye for now, I'm sure we'll see a grand re-entrance soon, full of pomp and circumstance, with young lass's ready for the captain to call.

How can you tell the lass's are young?

You got me, I can't....many look young in their avatars smile

How old do I look?

I don't know, your a snake and I hate looking at your picture big_smile cuz I hate snakes <shivers>

How many bad snakes have you met?  And what about your avatar?  I hate red artichokes!  <gags>

I've met only two snakes and disliked them both, but I guess I should be more forgiving of your snake, since I haven't been formally introduced! big_smile  BTW - its not a read artichoke, its a flower silly, I had to crop it way down to fit.

Ah yes Kiwi, we are as young as we feel! big_smile

Absolutely lol

You see how simple misunderstandings get started on the forums!  You thought I was a bad snake, when in reality My avatar is of a king snake, a killer of rattlesnakes.  And I thought you were a red artichoke when you are actually a flower silly. 

Well, I'm glad we got that settled. 

P.S. I am a farmer in real life and you may fool the ordinary hubbers with your "flower" avatar, but I know a red artichoke when I see one!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Well I saw a snake for the first time today at a local fleamarket!!!
            Anything thats on the ground or above my head and slithers makes me alert ,to say the least lol

And I think  you are either old and young at heart , or old and deadly smile hehe

What about young and deadly?

50. hinckles koma profile image61

i hope we all look and feel young.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)