jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have 24 hubs and last month I netted 20 cents. Why should I bother with hubpag

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
    Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago

I have 24 hubs and last month I netted 20 cents. Why should I bother with hubpages?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

You may need to go through your hubs and optimize them.  Also you need to do hubs on topics people are searching for and want to read so do some keyword research. 

also keep in mind that hubs earn more the longer they've been published so there is a need for patience. 

I have 42 hubs and have made way more than you this month.  I also routinely update them, ensure I have good summaries, proper keyword usage and I backlink my hubs as well. 

When you write and publish you have to do more to draw traffic as well.  Don't give up on it too soon.   You may also want to write for other sites - like have a blog etc. and link your hubs/blog to each other as well.  This generates more income/traffic for both places.

3. Teresa Coppens profile image92
    Teresa Coppensposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure how long you've been with hub pages and what kind of material you write but all good things come with time, patience and perseverance.  I saw very little activity my first few months.  My activity spiked (for)me about my fifth month. It was exciting but I'm by no means earning the big bucks!  Write because you love to do it and learn to write what people are looking for.  My most viewed hubs are "my how to..." hubs.  Keep trying and don't give up.

4. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

for the joy of writing. does it really have to be about money to make it worthwhile?i have over 50 hubs and i have never made more then $.17 in a month.

5. Goody5 profile image77
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

You really must decide if you are here for fun or to make a few pennies. Most people are here just for fun, like me, and make their money in the real world. Keep on hubbing!

working