jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is possible to receive earnings commenting on other people's hubs if you don't h

1. Cathleena Beams profile image73
    Cathleena Beamsposted 5 years ago

Is possible to receive earnings commenting on other people's hubs if you don't have any of your own?

I came across a Hubber (he answered my question on earnings this month compared to last) that didn't have any hubs at all of his own.  He had 12 people following him though and he seems to just go around leaving comments on other peoples hubs.  Is it actually possible to earn on Hubpages just by commenting on others hubs and not building any of your own hubs?  His comment just said he doesn't compare, so I don't know if he actually earns anything or not.

2. jennzie profile image82
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Not that I know of, though I know you can now earn money on questions you ask based on ad clicks on that page.

1. Cathleena Beams profile image73
      Cathleena Beamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer, Jennzie. Perhaps that's what he does.  Otherwise, I would think, that he would get tired of contributing to everybody else's content without any return for his invested time.

2. jennzie profile image82
      jennzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. smile

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I think some of the Hubbers are using the referral tracker to promote other's hubs, and you do make money that way, and it doesn't effect the one who wrote it. So, both wins..... He might be doing it. I read an article on that, but can't remember who wrote it. Maybe, you can do a search on that.....

4. profile image0
    Rabie-MDposted 5 years ago

Comments already gives earning for the people who wrote the hub not the commenter. Simply, as when you leave a comment, you give the hubber a pageview and an impression.

5. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

Did he tell you that he didn't have any hubs or were you just assuming because he had none on the profile he posted with?
    Some hubbers use different  profiles for posting on the forums and publishing hubs.

working