jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the average CPM on hub page ad program?

1. navneetjha profile image74
    navneetjhaposted 5 years ago

What is the average CPM on hub page ad program?

My average CPM is quite low as compared to other even after writing 62 hubs. Its was about $1.60 for last month. What are your experiences?

2. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

it varies quite a bit for me. Sometimes its been as high as $11 and as low as $2. But usually my CPM is around $5.

3. navneetjha profile image74
    navneetjhaposted 5 years ago

Is it anything to do with the country from where you get the traffic? Currently, 70% of my traffic is coming from India which I think is a low CPM region? Can anyone advise me if this is the case? If yes, what can I do to improves my CPM?

4. Denmarkguy profile image95
    Denmarkguyposted 5 years ago

Mine has ranged from a low of $3.37 to a high of $13.31. On most days it hangs around the $7.00-8.00 range.

The "wisdom" around HubPages seems to be that we should write in "competitive" titles and subjects, but I am not so sure. When I publish a hub on a "popular" subject (like "writing"), my CPM immediately takes a dive, until the initial traffic boost settles down. If I write a highly specialized hub, my CPM typically rises, even during the initial increase in traffic. I think specialization and focus is the key, e.g. don't write about "smartphones" write about "pink Nokia smartphones between $150 and $200."

I am looking to branch out my topics (currently very narrow) in coming months, so it will be interesting to see how that affects CPM.

working