jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Has Apprenticeship Program added to, or diminished your enjoyment of writing hub

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Has Apprenticeship Program added to, or diminished your enjoyment of writing hubs?

For those who are participating in the program, I know you have to write at least 8 hubs a month, and my perception is that there is more focus on SEO and commercially viable topics. I'm wondering if this feels like it's stifling your creativity at all, or is the experience all positive?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I personally feel like the program has added to my enjoyment of writing because I have so much more to work with now. The program has definitely opened my eyes about how everything works, and now that I'm used to all of the technical stuff to do my writing happens even faster. I'm seeing positive results of this program, and I'm only 3 months in.

Yes, you do need 8 hubs a month and you need to follow the rules, but with every hub it gets easier and easier.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering, I'm glad you're having a good experience.

3. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I'm at the end of the 2nd month, and for me, the experience is wonderful. The rules are quite flexible - 8 to 24 hubs a month, and, although no poetry, fiction, or pure spirituality is allowed, I can write on related topics. For example, I can't write on Zen meditation, but I can write on Zen gardens - and that Hub did extremely well. I got great ideas and support from the HubPages mentor, Simone Smith, and from fellow team members. The course materials really help me use all the HubPages tools and increase my income.

I recommend anyone in the program create a plan that works for you and exceeds the basic requirements of the Apprenticeship Program.

4. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 5 years ago

Just finished my third month of the apprenticeship and I have learned something new every month, so I'm quite happy with this opportunity. I think it's a balance between SEO and creativity.

5. jellygator profile image93
    jellygatorposted 5 years ago

I love it! I don't feel like it stifles anything. Instead, it allows me to take that same creativity and tweak it to make more money. It has expanded my views and I've come to see more possibilities than ever.

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

I just finished my first month, and I have to say, the apprenticeship has not stifled my creativity in any way. If anything, it has broadened my creativity by showing me topics that I hadn't even thought to write about. I'm looking forward to the next five months and their lessons. I'm actually having fun. I tend to work best under pressure and the apprenticeship has given me a kick in the pants and accountability. I have some pressure and that's helping me write.