jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

What can I derive from the fact that my 470 Hubs have had 25,103 views and 3,83

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

What can I derive from the fact that my 470  Hubs have had 25,103 views and 3,836 in nearly 12 mos.?

As I approach by first year anniversary on HubPages, what do these three figures for Hubs, Comments, and Views tell me about my performance and future expectations here?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Well that's around 2100 views per month and around 70 views per day. So, I would say you are right on par.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

That's an awful lot of hubs to only have that many page views.  I would probably look into writing for the web and learning a bit more about keywords and all that.  If you are mostly doing personal blogging style writing that may be why the numbers are low.  I get more views than that after one year with only 60 hubs.  If your purpose here is to write for pleasure and not for profit I'd say you are doing fine, otherwise that many hubs should be generating way more for you than that.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was tryin to be nice Christin...... smile

2. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How was I not being nice? I was being honest and I was not mean about it - I think honesty is what helps build us up and make us successful writers.  I was only trying to be helpful

3. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was just Kidding. No insult intended at all.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago

You seem to have written a number of haikus, which I'm attributing to your low number of views. I know poems can do well in some capacity, but they aren't likely to get searched unless they're about a specific topic people really want to read poetry about - love, death, life, etc.

Besides that though, you've covered the election, which is good. However, that'll only get you views for the time being. Once it's over that hub will likely not get too many views again. That's ok though. I've covered Facebook updates that scored thousands of hits during it's first month and then never got more than a hundred more. I still made money off those hubs, so I'm not hurting over the fact that they've stopped being relevant.

Your parenting, technology, cooking, and finance (among other) hubs will bring in the majority of your future views. 470 in a year is not bad at all. Just because someone else has half the hubs you do and more views doesn't mean you won't start pulling them in. A lot of my hubs started accumulating views about six-twelve months after they were created.

In another year if you've only doubled your current views, then maybe you're just not choosing topics that bring in traffic. Which is ok if you're here just for writing. If you're here to make money, then, well, I'd look into SEO and study up a little.

(:

5. eHealer profile image87
    eHealerposted 5 years ago

Perspycacious, your hubs on usually on a specialty "niche" that is very popular with a specific demographic. Your titles as very unique and aren't search engine friendly. With the upcoming election, you would think your hubs would be soaring through the roof, but maybe people can't find them. Try renaming your hubs with searchable titles that people can find easily on search engines. Use the Keyword search in google or try out new titles on google and yahoo. Also, I know you visit other writers hubs on hubpages, but maybe you haven't been as involved lately? I'm just reaching for answers, of course I don't know the answer to that question. You are still beating my traffic to death! I am throwing things out there, maybe some of this will help you. Deb

6. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I'd have to answer this question with a question - Are you here for the money or for fun? If your here for money then you may need to rethink your strategy. If you are simply here for fun like myself and so many others then you're doing an awesome job. Keep on hubbing!!!

7. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Are you losing sleep over it?  ...............................

8. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Oh wow!  Although 25,000 hits is a good number in itself, unfortunately when it's attached to this number of hubs, it shows that there is a huge problem somewhere here.

I took a glimpse at your profile, and noticed a few things:
    1.  No offense, but your profile image does not make me intrigued to discover more.  Looks kind of boring.
    2.  Instead of using colorful or helpful images throughout your hubs (the ones I checked), we are left with an image of your own self.  Though this may be an idea for marketing, people are here for information and content, and when that is given, people will know who you are.
    3.  The hubs I looked at are short, have no backlinks to other hubs (yours or others'), and probably also lack SEO keywords (just guessing here.)
    4.  The hubs are too short with not enough information for the reader.  You want a reader to be interested enough to stay on your page until the end, then read more hubs.
    5.  I have more than that number of hits in the last year on just one of my hubs.  I think you can pull from this that SEO matters, key words matter, photos matter, and giving the reader what they want really matters.

Here's a great link for you detailing what a great hub is composed of:  http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/01/truly- … ship-hubs/

Here's a link about titles:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/choosing-right-title

I'm not claiming to be master of any of these things myself, as I'm still learning, but let me put it this way:  If I had 470 hubs, I would expect to get that many hits PER WEEK (or even per day.)  Also, you really can't expect any hits from poems.

1. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great comments I must take seriously and improve from.  Thanks (and they are also good advice for other Hubbers, if they are seeing similar numbers.)

9. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

You do write some informative and I think those facts tell me that you are a smart man.

10. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I enjoy your hubs. They are written from the heart. However, I read them because I follow you onHP. I would never know about them through a search engine. I strongly suggest getting up to speed on SEOUL. Or, if you just want the fun and fulfillment of blogging, maybe just use HP when you pen an article that people would search for

11. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

You are taking HP WAY too seriously.

The fact that you can quote such numbers................well, I have to ask, are you a writer or a marketer?

working