jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you read existing answers before you give your own?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Do you read existing answers before you give your own?

I wonder if people even bother to check sometimes. I just clicked on a question that had three answers, and all three were worded differently, yet gave the exact same information.

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I admit it, I do read other answers first. Sometimes I don't bother to answer because the answers already there are really good and I can't add anything to the discussion.

3. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

I read the other answers first. I will not answer it unless I have new or additional information to add.  If I am adding onto an answer, I give the original person I read credit.
    However if it is an opinion question, such as my favorite Christmas movie is..... I will simply answer it and only skim previous responses.

This question I would categorize as opinion because there is not one right or wrong answer.

1. geetbhim profile image61
      geetbhimposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with geekdom, i read the answer first read  than answer the question.

4. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Most of the time I just answer the question after I read it.

5. Tonyx35 profile image61
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

I usually just provide my answer after reading the question.

If there are other answers I agree with, I will give a comment  or "thumbs up".

6. snapbackbetty profile image70
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

I do some times if I don't quite understand the question. Some times other people's answers help me come up with a better way to right my own answer.

7. OutWest profile image61
    OutWestposted 5 years ago

No.  If I have an answer I give it.  (my answer is not long enough so I'm adding this nonsense. lol)

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like nonsense, it makes me happy! smile

8. dscarcha profile image59
    dscarchaposted 5 years ago

I usually read answers from other hubbers first before I post my own. It helps me to explain more my answer. Sometimes I also learned from other answers.

9. sparkleyfinger profile image94
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

I usually skim over the other answers to see if someone has already made a point that I wanted to. If not, I answer it, and if they have, but perhaps haven't went into depth, I will answer it and add depth. I think it's a waste of time to give the same answer as someone else... Plus, I can always give something a thumbs up if I agree with it!

10. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

I sometimes just read the answers without providing an answer.  Usually it is a question I find interesting or something I want to find out about myself.  i also sometimes read the other answers to see if somebody had already given my answer.

working