jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Do you ever take a "day off" from HubPages?

1. smw1962 profile image79
    smw1962posted 5 years ago

Do you ever take a "day off" from HubPages?

Do you ever take a day off from HubPages, just like you would take a day off from a regular job?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I don't think there has been a day when I don't at least check in and check my notifications.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 5 years ago

I usually only work on Hub Pages on my days off from my regular job and during my vacation time.  I work nights and am too tired to do everything I want to do.  But I do work offline writing out ideas for my hubs.  If I didn't have to work, I would be on HubPages mostly every day-except when I am out of town.  I would probably work on hubs during the first part of the week and use the last part to read and comment on other people's hubs.

4. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I don't work on Saturdays.  I may not go to the site on other days, either, if I have other goals that are more pressing, my eyes need a break from looking at the computer screen, or my brain needs some down time to mull over hubs I've already done or am planning to do in the future.  Down time is as important as writing time for the creative juices to keep flowing.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I look at my earnings, traffic stats, and check for comments most every day.  I definitely don't feel like writing anything daily...sure wish I did though.

Since I'm almost forever banned from the forums, and since the very first time I was banned from the forums - I do like to look over the Q & A most days.

1. Seeker7 profile image95
      Seeker7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wes, forums never do like straight talking folks who think for themselves rather than following the crowd like sheep!

6. Markie W profile image60
    Markie Wposted 5 years ago

I take days off from Hubpages, but not very often. Sometimes with work and life I'm too busy or too tired to write on here. But I usually will still come on to check up on everything. What about you smw1962? Do you take days off?

7. larakern profile image73
    larakernposted 5 years ago

I try to look at my stats and such at least once a day but sometimes I get sidetracked by life and forget. I believe that I joined a hub challenge prematurely because once again life popped up and stifled by progress! Oh well, life wouldn't be as entertaining without the surprises.

8. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I usually tell myself that I'm going to stay away from HP for a day or so in order to get on with other things. But this normally fails as I can't resist taking a peek to see what's going on! Having said that, I do take a day off from writing once in a while. I think it's good to give yourself a reprieve and the mental faculty a rest.

9. profile image0
    Rebecca Jimenezposted 5 years ago

I usually take Sunday's off from Hubpages, but there are times when I check my notificatons and so on.. Like seeker7 says, I like to also take a peek on what is going on. I like to keep updated. It's like I don't want to miss out on anything, eventhough I know that I probably won't.