What earns you more, Adsense or the Hubpage Ad Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Bills Place profile image83
    Bills Placeposted 11 years ago

What earns you more, Adsense or the Hubpage Ad Program?

I have been reading over some previous questions and answers and I got to wondering which ad program is currently paying better, or is running both best? I know it can vary, but if you have any math to go with it that would be great.

Right now my ads automatically have adsense, I am not sure how to tell if it's only adsense, or both. Last month Hubpages shows I made $3.86 (woo! lol), and Adsense, $0.16...

Any help or advice here would be great.

2. rumanasaiyed profile image74
    rumanasaiyedposted 11 years ago

For me Hubpages Ad program is far more better than Adsense. I have earned ten times more from Ad program,  than from Ad sense. And I think it is same for everyone.

3. liamhubpages profile image58
    liamhubpagesposted 11 years ago

I hope you won't mind me asking this here, but is it possible to apply for Hubpage Ad Program without Google AdSense account? Because I'm getting frustrated with Adsense, since they don't accept me (yet). Thank you.

Bills Placeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually based on the answers I got, that was going to be my next question (how to turn google ads off so I can try HP ads only for a month)?

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

definitely HP ad rogram. I could earn usd$15 per month in HP while I earn usd 50 cents in adsense. See the difference?

5. itknol profile image76
    itknolposted 11 years ago

Hello,

I took the liberty of writing a hub about that. Including some modest amount of data from an experiment I did in order to see what is the absolute minimum of the earning potential of hubpages.

http://itknol.hubpages.com/hub/What-ear … Ad-Program

Might be a bit lengthy but worth the reading in my opinion. :-)
    Looking forward to see as to what conclusion this has led you to.

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

I find it coming from HP Ad Program more than that of Adsense.

7. Azure11 profile image81
    Azure11posted 11 years ago

I think the answer depends a lot on how many views you get a day. I find that with a higher number of views then it is better to go with HP Ads as you get a decent amount of money based on the number of views whereas the adsense income can be a bit hit and miss, but if my views go down a fair amount (for example I have another account that fluctuates every few months) let's say the views go down to under 100 a day, then I will switch that to adsense as the hubpages income will take a while to add up anyway so I will take a chance on getting a few nice adsense clicks (and these can just add on to other adsense income I have). If the views go above 100 a day then I will switch back to HP Ads as that means it may only take a few months to get a HP payment. Obviously I don't continually switch but at the moment I might switch every 4-6 months or so. Hope that makes sense!

Bills Placeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you switch to just HP ads and disable Adsense? I asked this question, and everyone's answer was that they did not think it was possible to disable adsense and still use HP ad program?

2. Azure11 profile image81
      Azure11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I say switch I mean switch between purely Adsense and the HP Ads that include some Adsense.

3. itknol profile image76
      itknolposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, since AdSense is a required step from enrolling to HP's Earnings Program, it is pretty certain that you cannot fore HP ads only. After all, if they don't have a publisher for your content, some other kind of ad must be shown.

8. Chris Achilleos profile image76
    Chris Achilleosposted 11 years ago

I would say that so far the best earning program has been Hubpages Ad Program.

9. Neha Sadana profile image84
    Neha Sadanaposted 11 years ago

I would say HP ad program...I have made 56$ last month from hp earning program and around 50 cents in adsense. For me hp ad program is best smile

10. Knowledge>Power profile image78
    Knowledge>Powerposted 11 years ago

The HP program by far outpaces adsense. It also looks so much cleaner. I am a huge fan of the earning program here.

11. CJWood71 profile image81
    CJWood71posted 11 years ago

I can only speak for myself, I am a sure that results will vary depending on the subject of your content and how many views you get.  I personally earn more from the hubpages ad program than what I earn from adsense (only counting adsense earnings from hubpages).  There may be others who have experienced different results, but I love the hubpages ad program.  Just my humble opinion on the matter.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)