jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the meaning of the brown H identified as quality?

1. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 4 years ago

What is the meaning of the brown H identified as quality?

Now we have three symbols rating our hubs.  The black H indicating "featured."  The brown one indicating "not featured - quality" and a blue one indicating "not featured - engagement."  I presume that the last one means that it's not featured for lack of traffic.  But what does "not featured - quality" mean?  How do I fix that?

2. Ceres Schwarz profile image22
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

That means the hub got a low quality rating in the quality assessment process. You can read more about it here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#quality-assessment .

In the learning center, there is a guide about having featured hubs. Here's the link: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs . In that hub, you can see a table with a rating criteria. HubPages says that you should get an 8 plus on that rating scale in order for your hub to be featured. To get that, your hub should have no spelling or grammatical errors, no unrelated links or promotional material, etc. Hope this helped.

3. To Start Again profile image78
    To Start Againposted 4 years ago

ceres said it pretty well. take a look at the links she provided for sure but also look around the site for some quality hubs to read. you can find these by going to one of the topic pages and perusing the featured hubs. That will give you a good idea of what is expected and what changes you can make to your own hubs to make them better.

4. barbat79 profile image75
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

This is a new icon to me as well.  The meaning is at the key at the bottom of the "accounts page".  I believe it is to encourage a hubber to work a bit more to move the quality up.  I saw some places that could use more punctuation (it was a poem) and next it became featured.  So give it a go!  Best wishes!

5. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 4 years ago

Thanks, very helpful.  I'm afraid my septuagenarian brain has a hard time wrapping itself around all this hitech stuff.

working