jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

It's Official, I made my first DOLLAR!!

1. chantelg4 profile image84
    chantelg4posted 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share the good news. Yes, it's official, I've earned $1. Whoo-hoo!! I know it's not a million and it took 2800 hits to get, but what the heck, I'm thrilled! Jeez, it takes 5 months for my officiaI website to bring that kind of traffic. I had heard good things about hubpages and wasn't so sure about it, but once you really get involved, it's awesome.

It's not about the money anyways, I like the challenge of creating content based on what I like and improving on it. The community is also one of the best I've seen, very supportive. I am a total addict now and it's only been 5 weeks.

Anyways, just wanted to be gitty with someone!!! (my kids think I'm nuts, but I know you guys appreciate the effort that goes into hubpages)

2. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, it's a good start smile

3. ysdata profile image60
    ysdataposted 10 years ago

It's amazing how happy we get.  I was so excite over my first .63 cents until I told my daughter and saw her face.  I was still happy, I just kept it on the inside now.

4. vanessa dobbins profile image53
    vanessa dobbinsposted 10 years ago

Im glad to hear that you really can make money doing this. congrats

5. profile image0
    Marc Davidposted 10 years ago

The feeling is overwhelming... congratulations.  I wish you more success.

6. David Francis profile image43
    David Francisposted 10 years ago

Congratulations. Hopefully I'll make my first dollar soon too. Anyone any idea what kind of money it is possible to make from a hub in say a year?

wishing you further success,

7. ripplemaker profile image86
    ripplemakerposted 10 years ago

I had the same feeling with the cents and the 1 dollar thing. hahaha Congratulations.  lol

8. Kenny Wordsmith profile image83
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! Don't tell your family, tell us. We understand it better! smile

9. Jungle Talk profile image60
    Jungle Talkposted 10 years ago

Wow, that is great. It is also inspiring for me to hear.

Kenny is right, don't tell your kids tell us! When I tell my kids what I'm trying to do, I get that "glazed over eyes" response that tells me I"ve lost them anyway.

This is a great community and I hope to join you with some success as I get further along too!

10. chantelg4 profile image84
    chantelg4posted 10 years ago

Good idea, I'll keep it for hubbers only lol!

11. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 10 years ago

I told my husband I made .70 today and he looked at me like I was crazy!  Why do you spend so much time Hubbing, was the look in his eyes?  I wanted to say that .70 in a single day was incredible - at least for me - so let's go celebrate!!  Oh well, its about the fun, and not much more.  Its a great outlet, and as long as I keep it in perspective, I'm doing great!

12. rockinjoe profile image95
    rockinjoeposted 10 years ago

Congrats! I've been with Hubpages just over a year now and Google has been very good to me. Stick with it:)

13. Talem profile image62
    Talemposted 10 years ago

awesome.  May that $1 turn into $100!

14. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 10 years ago

Drops make the rivers,pennies make the pounds.Is not it.what you say?