Big Adsense Drop?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (32 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

So far this month my Adsense income has dropped almost in half.  Is this happening to anybody else?  Don't know why this would happen.  Although it's a secondary income source, it was doing really well until now.  Can't figure out what the problem might be.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Plenty of AdSense clicks, but they're paying very little for this time of year. Down about 50% from this time last year.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

yes, but mine are down 50% from last month!

1. lobobrandon profile image87
          lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think comparing to last year is a better way to look at things. CPC or CPM and not total values.

2. Eurofile profile image95
          Eurofileposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if it'll make you feel any better, but, as a new hubber, my earnings are zero.  It looks like they'll be this way for quite a while.  I would be grateful for any tips on how to improve this situation.

1. Robie Benve profile image97
            Robie Benveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Eurofile, the only way to earn money is to write several stellar quality articles. Some will start getting lots of views, others will always be kind of dormant, depending on content and competition - it's hard to predict.
            Keep up the good work and things will happen for you. smile

1. Eurofile profile image95

Thanks for the encouragement.  I won't be giving up the day job just yet!  Hopefully, I'll get there in the end with the writing.

2. Yanglish profile image40
              Yanglishposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree.

2. lobobrandon profile image87

Well researched articles. Pick any topic you want, just make it the most detailed and helpful article on the internet for that topic. That's it.

1. Eurofile profile image95

Thanks for the tips.  Hoping that I'll get some time soon to give it a go.

2. liesl5858 profile image84
      liesl5858posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Same here Timetraveler2.

3. tvnbollywood profile image60
      tvnbollywoodposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

If you read the comments about this post you'll see that a good number of people are saying this is not the case.  What bothers me, if this IS the case, is why Google would slit it's own financial throat by doing something like this.

"So if you see your AdSense earnings drop due to ads not showing up, you can probably associate the issue to this." This is not us.

Also, they are doing this to make sure that ads only show on the right pages. Because if I were to write a page on terror on my website ads would show for a while, until the crawlers came and realized this. I would not want my business ads next to a page talking about terror.

OK...however your point about Adsense Ad placement makes sense.  I'd like to see them change that.  I've had over 700 questions so far, so the more I get the lower down the page the AD goes.

2. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

It's not a considerable amount I make on Adsense as I use the HP Ad program, but this month has been really good in terms of income. I have not checked the average CPC or stuff like that. The income is already 90% of last months final amount.

EDIT: Do not forget that this is a new quarter and slight drops are expected as someone pointed out in another thread related to HP CPMs.

3. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 6 years ago

Just noticed this was updated last November. It shows detailed layout of placement of ads on different platforms and for either Adsense or Hubpages ad programs.

https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … am-and-ads

4. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 6 years ago

My income is showing a solid uptick in fact. Just the opposite.

5. Marketing Merit profile image93
    Marketing Meritposted 6 years ago

My Adsense earnings are up in comparison with last month and last year.
    However, I am on the HP ad program here, so my Adsense income from HP sites only represents a fraction of my total earnings there.
    It may be a niche specific issue possibly? As Brandon has already suggested, you really need to evaluate the CPC and CPM figures to begin with.

6. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 6 years ago

Since we are anyways talking articles, the other day I was editing few of my older articles and there was a poll at the end on one of them. I changed a word in the poll without changing the meaning, there was a pop-up which warned me that all the poll results will be lost. I did not get it, so I went ahead anyway. Guess what? All the poll result of readers who had voted over so many years was wiped-off... Ahhhh, the pain... Did anyone witness this before or was it me the only dumb- fella? ....

I think most people here see that warning and realise what it means. But sometimes it's better to word things better. I deleted old polls a few times.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

This is common across the board for everybody.  If you change wording at all in a poll, and they warn you about this, you lose the whole thing.  Warnings are there for a reason!!

7. nomadspirit profile image93
    nomadspiritposted 6 years ago

I have noticed quite the opposite. Maybe niche has something to do with it. I write almost exclusively on travel - trip ideas, activities etc- and have noticed that my cpms have been much higher for the past few months  and this month is no exception!
    Hope it rises again soon for you.

This has nothing to do with CPMs...I'm talking about Adsense here, which does not use CPMs as a basis for paying earnings.  I also, as you probably know, write about travel, etc.  Last month was the best month I've ever had on HP, and this month, while very good also, still has shown a major drop in Adsense income, which has surprised me.  I might not even make payout this time!

Adsense does pay with CPMs and CPC, not just CPC. Take a look at this image from my Adsense dashboard for last month. I get a little more than 50% of my Adsense earnings from CPM ads.

https://i.imgur.com/sly6Dbp.png

View larger: https://i.imgur.com/sly6Dbp.png

I really was unaware of that. If that's the case, then I don't understand the drop because my views are doing well although CPMs have dropped about 30%.

I'm not sure why. Do you have questions? Maybe people are not reaching that one ad that is Adsense now because of that.

I don't quite understand your statement...what do you mean by "Do you have questions"

The new QnA feature. From what I know, when we have the HP program active, the only Adsesne ad is below the comments. If you have QnA it is possible that people are not going through the comments as much as before. Hence the less views in case of CPM ads and less clicks too.

If this is true, then everybody should be seeing lower Adsense income, yet some are reporting that it is still holding or going higher.  Nonetheless, if this is true, then those ads need to be moved!

But not everyone has a lot of QnA.

2. nomadspirit profile image93
        nomadspiritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I see now that you were indeed talking asking about AdSense. I don't know enough about that to even venture to have an opinion. I sincerely hope it all gets on the up and up soon!

8. brittpinkie profile image93
    brittpinkieposted 6 years ago

I hate to say it, but mine have increased the past few months.  I made my highest amount ever last month, this month is on track to match it.  I tend to do best on weekends as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)