HubPages Gets a Shiny New Community Manager

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Christy Kirwan profile image91
    Christy Kirwanposted 5 years ago

Hi friends,

I have some very exciting news today! I'm thrilled to announce that moderator Samantha Cubbison will be taking over for me as community manager. I've had an absolutely marvelous time working with all of you, and I'm sad to be saying goodbye, but I'm thrilled to be passing the torch to someone honest and kind. I know she will get the hang of things quickly. Please give her a warm welcome!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you actually leaving HP, Christy? We'll be sorry to see you go.

Welcome Sam!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image91
        Christy Kirwanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm moving on, though I will likely stick around as a writer. smile

1. Venkatachari M profile image87
          Venkatachari Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Stick around at HubPages also as a writer? That would be helpful to us all.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Christy Kirwan. You have been gold and have helped me so much. I'd stalk you, but that would be wrong. big_smile

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to see you go, Kristy.  You've been immensely helpful during your time here at HP.  Best wishes for all good things...and a big welcome to Samantha!

4. letstalkabouteduc profile image94
      letstalkabouteducposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Christy, thanks for all you've done and your timely, helpful responses. Good luck in your new endeavors.

Welcome Samantha!

5. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Best of luck to you Christy!!!!

6. chef-de-jour profile image95
      chef-de-jourposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Christy you have been so helpful, considerate and responsive as community manager. Huge respect. I hope your next venture is just as successful and rewarding.
      Samantha has a hard act to follow and we look forward to working with her.

7. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wishing you well Christy! Thanks for all your hard work at Hubpages smile

8. Venkatachari M profile image87
      Venkatachari Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome, Samantha, as our new Community Manager.

9. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Whoaa! Hang on there kiddo.. Whaaat? Well best wishes. You've helped countless people and will be missed by many. Be sure to throw a little "what up" on occasion. Thank you for all you've put into the HP community. And welcome, Samantha. Congratulations on the promotion!

10. Uzochukwu Mike profile image77
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All the best as you move on in life Christy. Welcome  Samantha Cubbison. Please be good to hubbers.

11. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Christy you will be sorely missed.  Hope you stay as a writer.  Welcome Samantha.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Best Wishes in your new endeavor Christy.

Welcome Samantha. You can believe all the great things you heard about us!

12. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your good work Christy, all the best.

13. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Best of luck Christy. Thanks for everything. Welcome Samantha.

14. erorantes profile image47
      erorantesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for all your support miss Christy Kirwan. You were the only true and authority voice thought writing here in this site. I will miss you. I wish you the best. You are beautiful and a very nice person. We will see you around. I am looking forward seeing your writing here at hub pages.

2. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry that you're leaving, Christy, but I also want to offer a big welcome to Samantha.

3. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Aww, it's sad to see you go. I hope you're moving on to something better. Thanks for all you've done. First Simone and now you leave. Good luck with whatever you do next smile

Also, a warm welcome to Samantha.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

Both Simone and Christy were gold.

2. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Question I have though, although congrats to Samantha and best wishes to Christy, is there something we don't know? HP going under? Sorry I hate thinking things like this but I can't help it.  Does she know something we don't? Maybe just a career move for her and I'm just thinking silly.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nah I doubt it. They are doing a lot better than before, so it's mostly a career move.

Agreed. In fact, I put the odds at over 90% that Christy got herself a major career promotion and at least a 50%-to-double pay raise. Class pays.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 5 years ago

Thank you for all of the knowledge and answers you have given us, it's been incredibly helpful and good luck on your next journey.

I too offer a big welcome to the newest community manager!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Samantha, I see you have been around HP for awhile. I also see that you are fluent in at least two languages; that alone is more than I could every do. I also see what you have accomplished in the last 10 years; you are amazing.

Welcome to the current circus. I'd give advice, but you don't need it.

6. TeriSilver profile image96
    TeriSilverposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your help, always, Christy.  Welcome, Samantha!

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your help Christy. It was always nice to know that you were listening and getting the answers we needed.

Welcome, Samantha.

8. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all your help in the time you were here, Christy.  I'm sad to see you go but know wherever you are moving to you will have great success.  Welcome to Samantha!

9. samanthacubbison profile image84
    samanthacubbisonposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome! It's super sad to see Christy go, but I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and keep things running smoothly. smile

1. chef-de-jour profile image95
      chef-de-jourposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Samantha. I wish you the best of luck in this new job. All you have to do is keep everyone happy with perfect responses, excellent advice and spot on diplomacy!! Simple!

10. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Christy, Your help was invaluable. I wish you the best with your future endeavors.
    Samantha, Welcome and I look forward to working with you.

11. MarshFish profile image91
    MarshFishposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your help too, Christy. Welcome Samantha.

12. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Welcome, Samantha!
    Christy, thank you for all you've done for us. You will be missed. Good luck and many blessings.

13. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 5 years ago

You're most welcome Samantha. @ Christy we wish you best of luck.

14. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
    Gregory DeVictorposted 5 years ago

Christy, thank you for helping all of us every step of the way. Best of luck to you as well.

15. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

You will be missed. Thanks for the intro to Samantha Cubbison. If ever there were a writer's name she's got it. smile Looking forward to hearing from her.

16. Azure11 profile image85
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

Welcome Samantha and thanks Christy for all you have done!

17. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 5 years ago

Signs of the times....Who else is packing?

18. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Christy, it was a pleasure meeting you at the Maven conference in April, and I’m sorry to hear that you are leaving. You were always such a great help to everyone. I wish you all the best with your new endeavor.

And to you Samantha, a hearty warm welcome!

19. ethel smith profile image83
    ethel smithposted 5 years ago

Welcome Samantha and cheerio Christy

Good luck to both of you xx

20. Jeremy Gill profile image91
    Jeremy Gillposted 5 years ago

Best of luck, Christy, and welcome Samantha!

21. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Best of luck, Christy, in wherever your life takes you.  We will miss you!

22. Cre8tor profile image92
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

You’ll be missed Christy. Best wishes in your next chapter.

23. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 5 years ago

Sorry to see you go, Christy. Glad you are sticking around as a writer though, and I welcome Samantha to the position.

24. MelRootsNWrites profile image90
    MelRootsNWritesposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry to see you go as well.  You've been very helpful over the years.

25. dredcuan profile image91
    dredcuanposted 5 years ago

Thank you for all your help Christy. Best of luck to your future endeavor! Cheers!

Where from CA?

26. paradigmsearch profile image60

I thought previous, time to close.

27. paradigmsearch profile image60

I made the perfect post awhile back, and it was killed. Not HP. Tired of it all. Let's see what my blind eyes can do.

28. paradigmsearch profile image60

We have a mission.

29. Bede le Venerable profile image96
    Bede le Venerableposted 5 years ago

Thanks Christy, for answering questions along the way (mine, and a multitude of others). I wish you all the best for the future.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)