3,000,000 today!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (52 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14256038_f1024.jpg
    Been waiting for this one!  As of 3 hours ago, I just hit 3 million views!  Thank you HP and all of you who have helped me along the way.  Don't know if my good luck will continue, but this sure feels good!!!

1. sallybea profile image80
      sallybeaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So pleased for you.  You are an inspiration!  Congratulations!

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
      chef-de-jourposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great achievement, well done. All your hard work is paying off - may your success long continue.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the good words hubbers.  Traffic has slowed recently, so it may be quite awhile until the next jump, so wanted to share this good news while I could.  Wanted you guys to see that it is possible.  However, as many of you know, it takes a long time!  I started here in January of 2012 and it was years before I got decent views and started earning.  Glad I hung in there!  Do the same and you can get good results, tool

1. Ben716 profile image89
        Ben716posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I joined Hubpages in 2009, I guess so. I gave up when I saw I was earning cents per month. At that time I was posting articles at one of writing revenue site that soon closed its doors in 2014. At the end of 2014 I got my first payment which motivated me to continue. Till now, I am in love with Hubpages and its members.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's cool and you've almost hit a million, nice. Keep writing wink

1. Ben716 profile image89

4. Eurofile profile image95
      Eurofileposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. What advice can you give to relatively newbie hubbers to follow in your footsteps.

Read the info in the learning center that tells you how to create a stellar hub.  Choose topics that are evergreen and that respond to things people need or want to know.  Read the work of successful writers here so that you can see how they do their formatting.  Use legal photos that you have edited.  Write well and speak to your readers whenever you can.  These are just some of the things that will help, but most of all...keep Google happy!  Welcome to HP and good luck!

1. Eurofile profile image95

Thanks, Timetraveler2. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

No problem.  Newbies often rush to write before taking the time to review the guidelines.  I did this myself when I started here.  Caused me a lot of work later because I had to redo many articles!  It's worth your time, believe me.  One more thing, it takes time to start earning.  I didn't start making any decent money until year three...however, I learned a lot during the first two years and still continue to learn.  It's like getting a free education and, for me, it has really paid off.

Thanks for the encouragement. 10 months in and I have earned cents, so there is hope yet for earning a little more. I have never been a  Facebook fan, but I think links might help with traffic to Hub Page articles.

Facebook is not really a viable source for long term traffic. You need your article to be shared across groups to attract new people. Even if you have a group of your own with 100 thousand people, maybe 20% click on your link (usually a lot less), that would give you a one time 20k views, but that's it. The article is then dead.

The better source of social media traffic is Pinterest. Pins are easily shared across boards and so your audience reach grows over time. I refer to the potential audience.

But the best source is organic traffic because that's where people are actually searching for your article.

My suggestion would be: write for your audience while keeping SEO strategies in mind. Your title, for instance, needs to be Keyword based, if it were a magazine, you could write a really catchy title without mentioning your keyword at all. That's the only major change. In all other aspects, writing on the internet would be the same as writing for a magazine. While you wait for your search engine traffic to grow, you could try and gain some Pinterest traffic.

Sharing on FB if you got a group is fine, but the time you spend to create a group just for your HP articles vs the return is almost never worth it.

Thanks for the advice. That lets me off the hook for signing up to Facebook, but maybe I should look into Pinterest. I have been trying to follow your SEO advice in my recent article titles.

2. Ben716 profile image89

I agree with you, lobobrandon. I have only linked one of my articles or two 2-3 times. I no longer share the link to any of my articles in any social media site. I write my with the seriousness of a writer (following Hubpages Guidelines to writing better articles) and sit and wait. The rest is upon Hubpages Team and for Google to find the articles.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

I took a look at your profile.  It seems you are writing mostly about travel and only about very limited areas.  You also only have 8 featured hubs. Eight is not nearly enough to be able to earn here in most cases unless your articles are wildly popular or heavily searched.  I have 150 articles on my main site.  You need to write many more and about different topics or earnings will escape you.  If you plan to use Pinterest, you will need to put text on your main photo.  Also, your photos, while nice, seem kind of bland.  You want something that will catch people's eye and attract them to your articles.  Check mine out and you'll see what I'm talking about.  For example, on one hub about living for less in an RV I don't post a photo of an RV...I post a photo of a frog relaxing and have a catchy title.  Think outside the box!

Thanks. I had gathered that a big portfolio of articles works well. It takes a while to accumulate. I will bear in mind your advice. Thank you very much. When you talk about putting text on my main photo, are you referring to photos on Pinterest or on Hub Pages? As editors here have vetoed headings on photos.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
                    DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure where you got the impression that HP editors do not allow writing on the photos. If you check Timetraveller´s profile you will see that many of her photos have "made for pinterest (MFP)" writing on them to increase traffic to HP from that site. When my articles are edited, the editor will sometimes even add writing to the first image.
                    There is an article on using MFP images on wrylilts profile. It is worth your time to go back and add these images to your articles and then to set up a Pinterest account.

No, editors here have not vetoed putting text on photos.  Not headings...text.  A Made for Pinterest photo is a top notch photo that has text on it that somehow repeats your title, albeit not necessarily exactly.  They have to be placed on the first photo of your hub when you post it on HP.  You can then click on your photo and place a copy of it on Pinterest. Other writers can place your photo on Pinterest also.  Each time someone clicks on your photo, it links to the article you originally posted.  I do this for every single hub and it can bring in a lot of views if your photo is interesting and the wordage catchy.  Go to Pinterest and click on a few and you'll see what I mean.

2. Jean Bakula profile image87
                  Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So happy for you! It takes a long time, but so gratifying to know that many people were interested in reading your hubs. I'm getting close.

Keep chugging away...it will happen..and thanks.

5. Jowy2000 profile image94
      Jowy2000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Major congrats! yikes seems like an impossible goal lol but I'm sure it's well deserved

6. Ben716 profile image89

Wow! Congratulations. I have barely hit a million but in 3-4 months I will. Now, that's quite a feat. This is what I have to say referring to Hubpages Team who are fond of telling me this whenever they send my earnings at my PayPal account at the end of month, "Keep up the good work, and keep writing great articles!"

2. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!!!!

3. theraggededge profile image88
    theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

Good job TT2. You are such a hard worker and you deserve all your success.

4. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Brilliant! Lovely to hear of your success.

5. Erudite Scholar profile image59
    Erudite Scholarposted 5 years ago

Congrats Timetraveller.Thats a humongous milestone.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Congrats! Good luck is only a part of it. You have put in a lot of work and have qualified your expertise with thousands of miles of experience.

7. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Congrats! You deserve it. It's also nice to see some good news on the forums for a change. Thanks for sharing smile

8. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!

9. Blond Logic profile image94
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

That's fantastic. You've worked so hard for that. You've got a popular niche and you share your expertise in a very readable manner. It won't be long until you hit 4 million!

10. OldRoses profile image95
    OldRosesposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!

11. ziyena profile image89
    ziyenaposted 5 years ago

Congratulations and well deserved!

12. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Wow, congrats! You really seem to have hit your stride. I'm sure this little slump will pass. I came on board before you did, and I haven't even got to my first million yet. I'm at almost 900,000 now.

Almost there smile

As I've always said, a lot depends on your topics.  I happened to luck out with a niche I know a lot about that became extremely popular in recent years.  900,000 is pretty darned good for the number of hubs you've written.  I have 150 of them right now but you only have 59.  You'll find that once you hit your first million, the next million will come faster.  I have seen this to be true on every level, so don't despair.  I think you're doing great so keep at it.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
        Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks TT2. I am not despairing at all. In fact, I am quite happy with the level of success I have achieved. This first million is taking a long time, but as you and others have said, the second comes faster!

13. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!  It's a big milestone, isn't it?

14. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Whoop! Well done smile

15. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

OMGoodness! yikes I'm so excited for you. You've worked so hard for this. Congrats!

16. Butterfly67 profile image87
    Butterfly67posted 5 years ago

Congrats TT2, that is fab!

17. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!  That's really some achievement!  You should be very proud.  Obviously your articles are well regarded.  Here's to the next million!

18. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 5 years ago

Congratulations and good luck.

19. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!  Must be great to see all your hard work rewarded

20. poppyr profile image91
    poppyrposted 5 years ago

I might be a little late here, but that's fantastic, great job!

21. EnviroMentalFlow profile image59
    EnviroMentalFlowposted 5 years ago

Awesome, well done... just curious does HP help towards financing your RV life?

I guess you could say that in terms of the fact that I earn money here, but they don't specifically foot any of my bills or anything. I pay for all I do myself.

22. hclpd profile image94
    hclpdposted 5 years ago

Wow! I am nowhere near close. Congrats!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)