TimeTraveler2

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Marisa Writesposted 3 years ago

It is with a heavy heart that I pass on some news.   I have been told that Sondra Rochelle (known here as Timetraveler2) has passed away due to Covid.

Sondra and I have known each other for 8 years. I'm proud to say I mentored her when she first joined HubPages and even prouder to say that due to her superior work ethic, she eventually surpassed me in earnings!   Although we only knew each other online and via email, I counted her as a dear friend and am devastated by her loss.

As I haven't had this report direct from family, a little part of me is praying for Sondra to pop up and say, "How dare you, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated!" which would be just like her feisty self.  However, I know she was already ill before the pandemic - too sick to answer her emails, which is why we hadn't been in touch recently - and was therefore extremely vulnerable to the virus.  So I am not hopeful.

Vale Sondra.

https://youtu.be/SqZsl0p08yg

1. Al Stine profile image95
      Al Stineposted 3 years agoin reply to this

TT2... The first hubber I interacted with when I joined Hubpages.
      So sad she won't be around anymore...
      She ran her race head high and proud, now she rests..

2. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle was probably one of the hardest working Hubbers I have 'met'.  She was an inspiration to me and to others, I am very sorry to hear of her passing.

3. OldRoses profile image94
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to hear this.  I didn't know her personally, but admired her as a hubber and took inspiration from her.  This is truly a great loss for her HubPages family as well as her own family.

4. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness!
      This is so very sad news.

5. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very sad news and I'm very sorry to hear it.

6. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oooooh..tough news....if she has passed on I hope she had a peaceful end. Always welcomed her timely comments. Her youtube video, on such a sensitive subject, is positively honest and thoughtful. Goodbye TT2.

7. Madeleine Clays profile image95
      Madeleine Claysposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Thank you for sharing Sondra's link. I was touched by her words, especially when she spoke of the importance of acceptance--that acceptance brings peace, and that peace eliminates fear.

I learned so much from Sondra and will always remember her.

Life is so fragile. Everybody please take good care.

8. samanthacubbison profile image83
      samanthacubbisonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is devastating news. Most of our team has interacted with Sondra in one way or another. She will be truly missed.

1. profile image0
        Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know she was very keen for her husband to take over her accounts and continue her work.   I have no news yet on how he is but no doubt he has many other things on his mind right now.

9. Abby Slutsky profile image92
      Abby Slutskyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I didn't really know her as I have only recently joined hubpages within the last two months. However, I am always sorry to hear news like that and am sure she will be missed my many.

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

That's such sad news. She was a great hubber. I remember when she did that radio broadcast a couple of years ago - so passionate about her love of RV-ing.

Good luck, Sondra, wherever you are. xxx

1. CYong74 profile image95
      CYong74posted 3 years ago

Truly unexpected, sad news. Sondra was ill for a long time, but she always returns to HP and the forum. My impression of her was a really strong and resilient lady.

For her to succumb to COVID, it's just too ...

RIP.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Oh, no. That's sad news, but thanks for conveying it. I felt something was wrong because she did not reply to my email for a few weeks now. I hoped that she just needed time off from the computer to rest after all that she had recently been through.

Unlike you, I did not mentor her, but she and I did have a lot of contact over the past years, mainly about SEO stuff, setting up a website, and about her Youtube channel in addition to general chit-chat. She worked very hard on her hubs, the series of edits through all her hubs was inspirational to many here.

I hope that her husband has access to the earnings from her account, that is something that was on her mind the past few years as most of us know. The good news is that HP did away with direct Adsense, the transfer of which was one of her biggest concerns.

May she rest in peace.

1. profile image0

I had the same concern, and that's why I set out to find out what had happened. 

At this point, I don't know whether Wayne also caught the virus and whether he is OK.   He has a serious heart problem so that is a concern.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hope he is okay. How did you come about this information? Is it not possible to find out about Wayne through that source?

1. profile image0

I noticed a message on her Facebook page which made me wonder what was happening, so I messaged the person who posted it.  As you may know, if you message someone on Facebook who's not your friend, they don't always notice the message - but eventually, she replied with the news.

I replied to her, asking about Wayne, but to date she has not replied.  I can understand she may be cautious about telling me more, since she doesn't know who I am.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
              lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense, thanks.

3. Solaras profile image93
      Solarasposted 3 years ago

So sorry to hear this; I had been worried about her and her silence.  Thank you for posting. I hope her family and Wayne in particular are well.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Well, that's a bummer. I cant say I "knew" TT2 particularly well, but she was a familiar presence here in the forums. R.I.P.

1. EricFarmer8x profile image93
        EricFarmer8xposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same. She seemed to want to help people and I like reading what what she had to say.

5. AliciaC profile image92
      AliciaCposted 3 years ago

This is so sad. I was hoping that the new round of treatments that she was undergoing would solve her problem and enable her to return to health. The fact that she has succumbed to the effects of the virus is tragic. I hope her husband is doing as well as possible.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image91
      Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

This is sad news. I liked her spunkiness. I hope you are happy, Sondra. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs!

7. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 3 years ago

All I have is tears. That's all. May she now rest comfortably in peace. I can't even see the keys as I type this. I remember when she defended me in a forum when another hubber insulted me. She was a good person at heart, a mentor, colleague and friend of this community. I visited her radio appearance featuring her love for and expertise in RVs. Devastated for someone I've never met. It speaks volumes about her immense spirit and presence. I guess I did have more to say than just shed tears.

Thank you, Marisa. Thanks for the youtube link, too.

8. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years ago

That's so sad. Even though we never met her and she lived so far away, I'm sure we all felt we knew her just a little bit.

9. Rachelle Williams profile image90
      Rachelle Williamsposted 3 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing, I did not know her well, but I knew of her and I was concerned for her health when she did an update on her YT channel. My condolences to her family and friends, including the friends she made here at HubPages.

10. Butterfly67 profile image89
      Butterfly67posted 3 years ago

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP.

11. Titia profile image92
      Titiaposted 3 years ago

Oh dear, that truly is sad news. I never really interacted with her on HP, but I always enjoyed her enthousiasm, her spirit and her eager to learn.

12. innerspin profile image88
      innerspinposted 3 years ago

Oh dear, as soon as I read the thread title my heart dropped. Thank you for letting us know. I'll send a little message into the ether.

13. bhattuc profile image83
      bhattucposted 3 years ago

It is a very sad news. I pray almighty for the soul to rest in peace.

14. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago

Really sad to hear this - I had great hopes she would be her last round of illness, but I guess it was not to be.

RIP, Sondra.  Perhaps you will find an RV in the sky, and a highway to roll down.

15. Robie Benve profile image96
      Robie Benveposted 3 years ago

So sorry to hear of Sondra's passing, may she rest in peace. Thanks for sharing the link to her video. She was a wonderful person, and her words about acceptance and finding peace are a great message for any of us.

16. poppyr profile image92
      poppyrposted 3 years ago

That's a shock. I'm so sorry to hear that... she sometimes commented on my posts and I hers. She was a lovely person sad RIP.

17. Ansel Pereira profile image96
      Ansel Pereiraposted 3 years ago

This is very sad news. My heart goes out to her family. RIP, Sondra.

18. Sherry H profile image92
      Sherry Hposted 3 years ago

That is such sad news. She seemed to be a wonderful person. Someone who lived each day of her illness with positivity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)