Word Prompt

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … ty-Week-35

Post links here for Word Prompt ~ Sonder

2. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Brenda, here is the link to my contribution:
    https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Wor … ic-Example

1. Misbah786 profile image82
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

What a great response, John. I enjoyed reading your poems. You have used this unique word in the most beautiful and unique way. Hats off to you, my friend.  When your poems are the first thing I read in the morning, it always makes me happy. I am upset I can't make a comment but I truly wanted to express my gratitude to you here. smile
      Blessings always!!!

1. Jodah profile image89
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment here, Misbah. This way of commenting may have to suffice for now, even though it is far from ideal. Glad you enjoyed my poetry. Blessings.

2. Kyler J Falk profile image83
      Kyler J Falkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is a pleasant change to the swift pace and downward angular projection HubPages sent us on yesterday evening. It really is a world of possible wonders to sit and speak to someone new, realizing their life is so vast and unquantifiable even as they speak is a profound and warming feeling. You've captured that feeling quite well with your pieces, John.

Hoping to see you keep writing your series, but it is true that this is a bit out of everyone's way.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you, Kyler. I think the news about the comments was so different to what I had expected it was kind of a shock. I needed to take my mind off it an concentrate on something else so I wrote this. I am glad you feel I captured the essence of ‘sonder’ well enough.

3. RozlinMohsin profile image60
    RozlinMohsinposted 2 years ago

Lovely response to Brenda's word prompt, John. I enjoyed reading the poems. You have nicely composed meaning of sonder in the first poem. Thank you for sharing.
    Missing the comment button  under the article. Hope it's available soon.
    Take care.
    Have a great day.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you for the encouraging comment, Rozlin. Who knows what will happen with comments, but we can hope.

4. Farah N Huq profile image84
    Farah N Huqposted 2 years ago

Beautiful poem, once again, John. No comments= No fun! Since I do not receive payment from HubPages, the comments used to be the only thing I eagerly looked forward to. It’s a sad turnaround of events, especially after the recent threads on forums asking to get back the “comment” option.
    Any updates on Brenda’s health? Does anyone know?

1. Jodah profile image89

Farah, thank you. I feel you, believe me. I agree totally “no comments=no fun.” I don’t write here for the money either. I do make some but not enough to make a difference one way or the other. It is the community I am here for.
      Brenda posted on Facebook asking for prayers that all would be okay. I feel the news about the comments was a shock to her as she fell ill almost immediately after commenting about that.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

John
        It was quite a shock.
        I had been having problems breathing during the day beforehand, but this initial realization did toss me for a loop.

Thanks for posting your poem gere and showing me this will be possible.

Brenda

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Lovely poems, John. As usual, you captured the assignment perfectly. You also helped me understand the meaning of "sonder" even more.
    What's this about new developments about comments? Is that why Brenda's posting here? I must have missed the memo. Enlighten please, thanks.

Edit: Found the memo, reading now.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you Jan. I am glad my article helped you understand “sonder”
      Here is the link explaining why Brenda posted here:
      https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … axleaddict

6. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I sent an email to Bredz and she replied back saying she is waiting for some more tests. Please friends let's pray for her. Keep her in your prayers and good thoughts. She is a valuable member of our great community.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the update, Misbah. Praying.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Thank you Misbah.

7. Farah N Huq profile image84

Good to know that she’s fit enough to reply. Hope she can get back home in good health ASAP....

8. Farah N Huq profile image84

So I see that the activities in HubPages have dropped already...

1. Jodah profile image89

Yes, Farah. Dropped remarkably.

9. surovi99 profile image85
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

I loved your poetry, John based on the poem, "Sonder." The first poem gives us the message that we should be genuinely be interested in people and find great joy. The second acrostic poem portrays that we are like everyone else and fighting similar battles; so we should be kind and tolerant of one another.

I love these messages in your poetry. The word sonder is becoming lucid to me as I read further each poem based on the prompt.

Thank you for sharing your upbeat poems which I truly find enjoyable and worthy. All the best. By the way, thanks for the update about commenting from Matt.

1. Jodah profile image89

Thank you, Rosina. I always try to put a message into my poetry. I am glad it helped you get a deeper understanding of “sonder” also. Stay safe.

10. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 2 years ago

Yes. Praying!! She is well!!

Thank you.

11. Lora Hollings profile image85
    Lora Hollingsposted 2 years ago

I really enjoyed your reflections and your poem on the word sonder, John. You certainly did a wonderful job with the meaning of this interesting word in creating a poem. Stay safe.

1. Jodah profile image89

Hi Lora, thanks for reading and enjoying this work on “sonder.” I am starting to feel guilty that I am the only one who has posted a link here though lol. Keep well.

12. Brenda Arledge profile image81

John
    Thanks.  This looks like a temporary solution.

I'm writing this sitting in my hospital bed at 3 am since I was woke up to take a breathing treatment.
    I wonder...did she mind waking me out of a sound sleep, but I'm getting better so I'll gladly accept tjis interruption.

John
    Thanks for your introduction and including information about our temporary way of communication.
    I hope this works out in the end.

"A Sense of Sonder"
    Is a poem you wrote to show us the meaning of the word, "Sonder."
    You tell us how one ponders about other's lives as they cross in front of him.

He realizes he knows nothing about his colleagues life as he asked questions.

Realizing we should take more of an interest & get to know those around us or realize they too...have a vast life.

SONDER ~ an Acrostic Poem in this one the first 2 lines say it best:

"Sometimes we can be self-absorbed
    Oblivious to all those we encounter"

This is often how we go about living our days.
    We need to stop being deaf and dumb and take time to realize everyone has place in this world & his life is much like yours.

Great write.
    I'm not sure I can share this comment with you but I'll try.

I will post a link in the word prompt article.

13. Brenda Arledge profile image81
  14. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Vidya D Sagar has written us this on Sonder
    https://letterpile.com/poetry/Poem-Sond … -35-Sonder

Chitrangada
    Thanks for your article on Sonder.

I like this part, "when we pause for a moment to think about the random people we meet, we realize that they are just like us."
    That's a wonderful description.

You tell us how for a writer the word Sonder is quite useful.
    Poem-Sonder-We are All the Same-Response to Brenda Arledge’s Word Prompt Week 35-Sonder you tell us how you sit by a window looking out as you write.
    You come to realize that others are just like yourself.

We need to let this feeling of Sonder wash over us as we enbrace it.
    It gives us as the ability as Writer's to experience the feelings of strangers like they are own thoughts.

Then we explore them as we jot them down on paper.

In your poem, "Sonder- An Acrostic Poem" you tell us if we stop to think about others for a moment, we learn how to care.

We gain a new perspective, as we understand their lives are alot like our own.

I'll try to post this comment for you...if not...I will post a link in the word prompt article.
    Great write & understanding of Sonder.

15. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Hey Vidya. 
    I'm sorry about that...I wrote down Chitrangada's name i stead of yours.
    My apologies.

16. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Please take time to read https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … c-Example~ John Hansen
    & Vidya D Sagar.

We may not be able to comment yet, but this way we are still supporting one another.
    Thanks.

17. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I love your response to the word prompt “sonder,” Vidya. Well done.

18. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Here's the link below to Vidya's

https://letterpile.com/poetry/Poem-Sond … -35-Sonder ~ Vidya D Sagar

19. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Vidya's hub was perhaps the last one where I commented. I really enjoyed reading her brilliant response.

Oh! these moments of Sonder. tongue

20. vidsagster profile image88
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Thanks Brenda for the encouraging comments. It's really demotivating that we can't comment and get comments on articles anymore. Hope you will continue to encourage us with the word prompts when you are better. It keeps us all connected.

Vidya
      I'm trying yo be optimistic and looking for the best way to keep up these word prompts.
      Obviously I'm a bit behind since I've been in the hospital.

I'll let you know as soon as i get it figured out.

21. vidsagster profile image88
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Thanks Brenda. We appreciate your efforts. Looking forward to the update from you. Take care.

22. Brenda Arledge profile image81

I think this one is close to when our comment section disappeared

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)