Link to my new article

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Farah N Huq profile image85
    Farah N Huqposted 13 months ago

https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Unfinished-Song

This one is actually not new at all! I wrote this poem back in my school days and for some reason, I never wrote another one until the COVID pandemic started. That's a gap of almost two decades! For some reason, I just stopped writing. Most of the poems I wrote back then got lost over time, except this one...This last one remained with my mother.

I modified and edited it slightly for elaboration, but kept the main theme, body and title the same as before, since I felt I should keep it the way it was originally composed. Hope you enjoy reading this piece from my archive.

I thought of adding it to my poetry compilation before going into hibernation once again. Sadly, they removed the comment box before I could post this one... My 30th...and the last one for the time being...busy times ahead! My blessings for you all until I return...

1. Misbah786 profile image86
      Misbah786posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Farah, I read your lovely poem. It's very moving. Some dreams never come true. I guess that's why they're called dreams. Life is an unpredictable journey. Hope to see you back soon. Fi Aman Allah. I hope everything in your life is going well.
      I'm sending you my love and blessings! smile

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Beautiful but sad poem. Human life is so vulnerable and most of the desires remain unfulfilled.
      Thank you for sharing your earlier creation. Take your time and come back refreshed.
      Hope, things improve for the better,  and as per our expectations, at HP, when you are back.
      All the best.

Farah N Huqposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, dear Ms. Chitrangadan Sharan, for your appreciation. I am happy to know you liked it. It was after an uncle’s death back then that made me think in this line. He was in the airforce and his jet collided with another one due to a technical malfunction while they were practising aerobatics for our Victory Day. My cousin was 27 days old then. There were three other families I saw mourning. All had a tale. All had happy lives which came to an abrupt end.....and then...all these people gathered hope and started living again. This was what made me think about the uncertainties of life.
        Yes, I do hope I come back to see a better HP. Till then, stay blessed!

3. Miebakagh57 profile image71
      Miebakagh57posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Farah, sadly, that is life with ups and down! And this is pure humanity.

I agree, dear Miebakagh. It is full of ups and downs indeed! Thank you very much for your insight. Stay blessed!

1. Miebakagh57 profile image71

Farah, you're welcome. Same blessings to you

2. Farah N Huq profile image85

Thank you for your appreciation and generous comment, sweat Misbah! Life is going as usual dear but I need to focus on some important issues. So I decided to take a break. Hopefully, HubPages will be back with the commenting option before I return. My love and blessings for you too... Fi Aman Allah!

3. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 13 months ago

Farah, this poem is both beautiful and sad. I am glad you uncovered the old poem and resurrected. It needed to b read.
    When first came to Hub Pages I found all my old poetry, reworked it and published for others to read for the first time.
    I am sorry you are taking  break but  this may be a good time. Hopefully when you return comments will be  restored. Take care.

Thank you, John, for your continuous support and encouragement ever since I joined HP. It was only because of this support that I got the interest and courage to compose the next piece. It saddens me to think that the new writers in HubPages will not be able to avail and benefit from this positivity and guidance. I hope HP will be looking into this matter seriously and restore the comment option before I come back. Wishing you a long, happy and healthy life from the core of my heart! Stay blessed, John!

4. bhattuc profile image82
    bhattucposted 13 months ago

A good composition, Farah, keep it up.

Thank you very much for your appreciation, dear Mr. Umesh. Stay blessed!

5. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 13 months ago

Well-crafted poem but tragic, Farah. That is the destiny for many of us. We all want to live long and have many dreams to fulfill. But it is all in the Almighty's hands and it is His will. Thank you for your fabulous poetry.

6. Farah N Huq profile image85

Thank you for your appreciation and wonderful insight, dear Rosina! It is surely in the Almighty’s hands and will! This is the reason why I do not think we should forget to live in the present moments and focus too much on the future. Glad to know you liked it. Stay blessed always!

7. Farah N Huq profile image85

This thread looks so good that I feel like copy-pasting it and attaching it to my hub...if only that was possible! sad

Farah, you're right. But I don't see the "possible."

Dear Miebakagh, let’s give the people working behind HP a chance to rectify the mistake. They have noted the issues and I am sure they will work on it too. Problems arise because it is never a single person taking the decisions but rather multiple heads and quite often people differ in their opinion. Ultimately they end up doing what seems profitable. But here in HubPages, it is not just about money. It is also about a community of writers who share similar interests and they are not ready to compromise with their interactive experience. I am sure the HP team will take this seriously for their long term benefit. Let’s hope for the best smile

8. AliciaC profile image97
    AliciaCposted 13 months ago

Your poem is sad and contains some important advice for us. We never know what the future will bring. Making the most of the present is important.

That's what divides the mature from the inmature.

Thank you for your positive opinion once again, Miebakagh!

2. Farah N Huq profile image85

Yes AliciaC, you got the message exactly the way I wanted to convey it. Thank you for the precious feedback! Stay blessed dear…

9. Pamela99 profile image91
    Pamela99posted 13 months ago

This is a very good poem, Farah. While some dreams never come true we need to keep our hope alive. I trust in God and live a day at a time. Thanks for sharing this poem.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. That is true. We need to keep a balance while enjoying our present and focusing on our future and also keep our hopes and dreams alive.
      Thank you once again for your appreciation and encouragement.
      Wishing you a blessed and happy life, dear Pamela!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)