My Life Update Living With MS ~ 2 Years?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Gianella Labrador profile image84
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 months ago

It has been a while since I updated here on HP, I've been on and off to be honest. My recent health update got the radiology tech questioning too (LOL). So last December 18, 2023 I was in chills and had high fever  maybe it was due to exhaustion from our island trip. Come December 25, I had a fever for the second time  till the 29th  then my head started to ache nearly everyday with the highest peak at January 4 at night. January 11, I had my check up done and was advised to take pain reliever meds for 2 weeks and have another MRI this time with MRV as its main focus.

January 22, I did my MRI. Here the rad tech asked me the usual question " is it your first time having an MRI?" I answered, No this is my 5th time, he was surprised. I had a convo with one patient prior my schedule, who also asked( not the exact words) " it's your 5th time and yet same results? same findings?" which was a similar reaction the rad tech also gave me.  The results of the scans turned out normal and have nothing to worry about but I'd have to go back and consult the doctor what happens next. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, but to this day I still sometimes get confused of what is really going on with my body.

That is all, for now.

I'm getting better now. I'm eagerly looking forward to better days ahead that awaits me.

This is for my friends or followers who might be wondering how I've been lately. If there's any.

Stay safe and well to all of you.

2. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 months ago

I am happy to hear that you are now doing better, Gianella.  It is no fun feeling ill, particularly over the holidays.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 2 months ago

Thank you for the update, Gianella. I am sorry you had to go through all that, but you're better!

4. GwennyOh profile image90
    GwennyOhposted 2 months ago

When I started to experience nerve degeneration issues, I found that eating any sugar evoked a headache or earache. Though chances that sugar would be implicated for you, I mention it so you can check it out. Sorry to hear about your ongoing health issue.

Gianella Labradorposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I should probably lessen my sugar intake. Thank you for sharing this one. And Misbah is here! She commented on this post! Just like my intuition did tell me the other day. Its a sign of better days for me is coming!

5. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your health update, Gianella. I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing recently. It must have been quite a journey, and I appreciate your openness in sharing the details.
    Sending you my best wishes for a smooth consultation with the doctor and for the days ahead to bring you the comfort and improvement you deserve. Much love, dear sis smile

Take good care of yourself. I look forward to hearing more positive updates from you in the future. ❤️

Sending blessings, prayers and healing thoughts your way ❤️❤️❤️

See, I told you Gwenny, Misbah will drop by here this month. and she really did! (My instinct worked!) Much love to you too Misbah! and I just wanna say this in case I missed it, advance Happy Birthday to you! Granted that may you also be blessed this year with a healthy mind and body. Stay safe always.

1. Misbah786 profile image86
        Misbah786posted 2 months agoin reply to this

So sweet, Gianella. Thank you so much! I, too, remember yours is on July 7, and I remember that folktale, too wink big_smile

6. Gianella Labrador profile image84
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 months ago

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for me, I just got back from my check up today too and I was just prescribed to take meds for  a month to manage it. Hopefully it gets better. I appreciate you all for having me in your prayers. It means a lot. Thank you.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 months ago

Thank you for sharing this update, Gianella. Itis difficult what you have been going through but I am glad to hear that you have started to improve.

Yes, it lasted for a month before it decided to leave. How rude, but thankfully it went to say goodbye with January. It wasn't pleasant having it, but the people I encountered amidst of it where so nice. Just like everyone under this forum big_smile

8. Vlado - Val Karas profile image70
    Vlado - Val Karasposted 2 months ago

Gianella, dear -- This is not to be understood as a layman's "diagnosing" or even less as a "treatment" -- but I've been into enough studious "health- self-advancing" to speculate a little -- so how about checking with your doctor if it's O.K. for you to either minimize, or altogether quit sugar and all flour products. I have done it -- I know both are very addictive substances which may terribly mess up biological equilibrium, notably being responsible for all kind of inflammations, and inflammations further cause all kind of trouble.
    Personally, I didn't do it to fix any health issues, but to upgrade my vitality at this age of 79 -- but you may see on Google and You tube how many people have got rid of some serious problems by letting go of sugar and flour products.
    Sorry for this lengthy message, but instead of showing my feeling sorry (which I do) I always go proactive, trying to help if I can.
    Keep your mind positive, and all the best to you!

I appreciate that sir Val, and I'll take that into consideration as well. Love hearing an advice well thought of. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. All the best to you too!

9. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 months ago

Gianella...
    I haven't been on here much lately.
    I'm so thankful that you are starting to feel better.
    What you've been through sounds horrible.

Please take things slow and gain your strength.
    I'll try to keep a better check on my friends.

Its alright Brenda. Everyone is taking it slow. Thank you for keeping in touch. I hope things are going well on your end too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)